Another Month Gone and Another 20,000 Jobs gone with it

That 20,000 job loss figure is just a government total fiction that only fools believe. On average, every week 600,000 people file for Unemployment Insurance. That adds up to close to Three Million a month. About forty percent of those people do not find a job within a year. That is roughly a million a month who do not find jobs in a year's time.

The economy is shedding about a million jobs a month, not 20K.

That 20,000 job loss figure is just a government total fiction that only fools believe. On average, every week 600,000 people file for Unemployment Insurance. That adds up to close to Three Million a month. About forty percent of those people do not find a job within a year. That is roughly a million a month who do not find jobs in a year's time.

You really don't understand the simplest of math, do you? Definitely not when time series are involved.

You really don't understand the simplest of math, do you? Definitely not when time series are involved.

Commie Pinko, damned disgusting government shill that you be, the simple fact of the matter is that those million people still do not have a job a year after losing their last one. That, to me and any rational person says the job is simply not there anymore. To you, you shit your pants in glee that those people are suffering while the government says they do not exist any more.

Meanwhile you continue your highly corrupt government shill crap on this board. You are the most evil of persons I have ever run across. You constantly mock the unemployed and think you are funny. You are dishonest and totally satanically evil. The world would not miss you.

Out, OUT! Damned spot! Be Gone with you!

Last edited:

Commie Pinko, damned disgusting government shill that you be, the simple fact of the matter is that those million people still do not have a job a year after losing their last one. That, to me and any rational person says the job is simply not there anymore. To you, you shit your pants in glee that those people are suffering while the government says they do not exist any more.

Meanwhile you continue your highly corrupt government shill crap on this board. You are the most evil of persons I have ever run across. You constantly mock the unemployed and think you are funny. You are dishonest and totally satanically evil. The world would not miss you.

Out, OUT! Damned spot! Be Gone with you!

More childish name calling. All that proves is that you are in an untenable position and have no desire to discuss the issue as an honest man.

And as for lies, please show me where exactly I mocked the unemployed. Oh, that's right, you can't because you invented that.

When will you grow up? Calling people names does not really correct the situation. Shame on you.

The thing is your numbers don't add up the way you think they do. UI claims in a month are NOT the number of people who lost their jobs. Many of the people who made those claims lost their jobs weeks or months earlier and many of the people who lost their jobs and eligible for claims won't make claims for weeks or months, either due to hoping they won't need it or fighting for the claims. So claims in a month don't tell us a thing about jobs lost for that month. And that's fine because that's not they're used for.

Last edited:

I'm just using official numbers neubarth. I know things such as people coming off unemployment no longer being counted as unemployed, even if they aren't working, affect the percentage which is why i didn't comment about it.

The fact is this is the 13 th month with net job loss out of obama's 13 months. Regardless of why its happening he needs to have the job market turn around soon or it will all fall on him (it being the blame)

I think this would be a good idea. Each month for every 100,000 people that loose their job we layoff one Congressman.

U.S. Lost 20,000 Jobs in January, but Rate Dips to 9.7% - NYTimes.com

Maybe this month, feburary, we will FINALLY have some net job creation. A TON of stimulus money is due to be spent starting this month and increasing progressively right up till december so I'm thinking feburary may finally be the month that breaks the cycle of job loss.

A while ago...(towards the end of Bush's horror fest) we were losing 700 thousand jobs a month. Things look better.

U.S. Lost 20,000 Jobs in January, but Rate Dips to 9.7% - NYTimes.com

Maybe this month, feburary, we will FINALLY have some net job creation. A TON of stimulus money is due to be spent starting this month and increasing progressively right up till december so I'm thinking feburary may finally be the month that breaks the cycle of job loss.

A while ago...(towards the end of Bush's horror fest) we were losing 700 thousand jobs a month. Things look better.

we all know this zona. It doesn't change that we haven't created any new jobs since 2008. This sucks.

I'm just using official numbers neubarth. I know things such as people coming off unemployment no longer being counted as unemployed, even if they aren't working, affect the percentage which is why i didn't comment about it.

Actually you don't know any such thing. For the gazillioneth time, whether or not someone has ever had UI benefits or not has nothing to do with the unemployment rate. If you didn't work, but looked for work, then you're unemployed regardless of whether you are or had or never receive UI benefits...even if you've never worked a day in your life, as soon as you start looking you're unemployed.

Actually you don't know any such thing. For the gazillioneth time, whether or not someone has ever had UI benefits or not has nothing to do with the unemployment rate. If you didn't work, but looked for work, then you're unemployed regardless of whether you are or had or never receive UI benefits...even if you've never worked a day in your life, as soon as you start looking you're unemployed.

this is the first time you've responded, not the "gazillioneth (what a BUSHism)".

When someone is no longer reporting to unemployment they come off the rolls of unemployed....even if they dont have a job. Its just how it works.

The fact is this is the 13 th month with net job loss out of obama's 13 months. Regardless of why its happening he needs to have the job market turn around soon or it will all fall on him (it being the blame)

and the job losses only started 13 months ago?

your not that daft USCitizen. Look at the context of the debate where i mentioned the 13 months so far under obama.

We all know how bad it was at the end under bush, no one denied that.

your not that daft USCitizen. Look at the context of the debate where i mentioned the 13 months so far under obama.

And I know you realize that the type of damage done to the economy over years and years can't be righted in one year.... especially if the measures taken are compromise measures intended to appease so called "conservatives" so that the big bold steps necessary are rejected. Thus, a slower recovery, albeit a recovery nonetheless.

But even with that:

The unemployment rate fell from 10.0 to 9.7 percent in January and nonfarm payroll employment was essentially unchanged (-20,000). Employment fell in construction and in transportation and warehousing, while temporary help services and retail trade added jobs

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Would I like to see go more quickly?

Absolutely.

Is that going to happen without a huge expenditure of government money?

No.

So the people who don't want the money spent will have to be more patient.

Bush? Who is that?

this is the first time you've responded, not the "gazillioneth (what a BUSHism)".

When someone is no longer reporting to unemployment they come off the rolls of unemployed....even if they dont have a job. Its just how it works.

No it's not. And I have said that here many many many times. It's getting old...so....present your evidence. Show me where what you say is true. Current Population Survey (CPS) will tell you all you want to know about the unemployment rate and how it's calculated. You say say different, show me your links from the government. I won't hold my breath. If I sound rude it's because I'm tired of people who have never done any research trying to tell me, who has worked a long time in the field of economics and statistics, things that are just not true.

Last edited:
I think this would be a good idea. Each month for every 100,000 people that loose their job we layoff one Congressman.

really? I say we lay off one CEO.

*shrug*

That would be grossly stupid. The CEO's are there to help the company make money even if the Federal Government is doing everything possible to make American business fail. Transporting millions of jobs to other countries is not a way to build the American Economy.

In such a case as we are presently seeing with the Federal Government destroying jobs and then promising to raise taxes on business, a good CEO is invaluable.

What bullshit numbers on your part. Trying to play the role of Chicken Little some more?

Forum List

Back