Another McCain Gaffe

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
"Hello, I'm John McCain. I'm from Arizona and I'm here to take your water." It's a line the Republican presidential candidate has reportedly used as an opening joke at appearances in Colorado, a state that doesn't take too kindly to suspected water thieves. But after McCain told the Pueblo Chieftain that the Colorado River Compact, which governs the allocation of the river between Colorado, Arizona, and the five other states in the watershed, "obviously needs to be renegotiated," the Obama camp went into hyperdrive trying to convince Coloradans that the man from Arizona was never really joking. Colorado governor Bill Ritter denounced McCain's remarks on an Obama-organized press call, emphasizing that renegotiation would almost certainly reduce Colorado's share of the river's water. A McCain p.r. flak has since "clarified" his boss's statement, but re-winning the trust of Colorado voters may be about as easy as getting water to flow back uphill.

McCain's Water-Grab Gaffe - Environment and Energy

"Hello, I'm John McCain. I'm from Arizona and I'm here to take your water." It's a line the Republican presidential candidate has reportedly used as an opening joke at appearances in Colorado, a state that doesn't take too kindly to suspected water thieves. But after McCain told the Pueblo Chieftain that the Colorado River Compact, which governs the allocation of the river between Colorado, Arizona, and the five other states in the watershed, "obviously needs to be renegotiated," the Obama camp went into hyperdrive trying to convince Coloradans that the man from Arizona was never really joking. Colorado governor Bill Ritter denounced McCain's remarks on an Obama-organized press call, emphasizing that renegotiation would almost certainly reduce Colorado's share of the river's water. A McCain p.r. flak has since "clarified" his boss's statement, but re-winning the trust of Colorado voters may be about as easy as getting water to flow back uphill.

McCain's Water-Grab Gaffe - Environment and Energy

It was obviously a joke, OJ ...

So? McCain is a joke if you ask me. Clobber the shit out of him over it. Hopefully he'll get all flustered and start swearing and issuing death threats

You want me to be disingenuous like the other side?

No thanks.

Want to see something REALLY nuts?

News10.net | Sacramento, California | News Water District Eyes Water Sale to South

California .... ALL of California is having a really bad draught season, as are a lot of states. Now this numb nutz wants to sell water from the San Jaun Water District (which is a suburb of Sacramento) to Southern California (Los Angeles). In the mean time she said on the news this morning that "the people living in the San Jaun District will be restricted to water use". Now is that :cuckoo: or what :confused: Not all the nuts and flakes live in San Francisco .... quite a few of them live in or near Sacramento! :mad:

:cuckoo: Nancy Pelosi is not the only dumb broad that comes from California! :cuckoo: But I am NOT one of them! :lol:

longbanner.gif

You want me to be disingenuous like the other side?

No thanks.

We're losing because they are slamming Obama over lies and bullshit and we are trying to be the "bigger" people? Screw that.

People will get turned off if they think the guy can't be serious when it is called for. He is not presidential. Besides, he's too old. He's 100% disabled. And, he thinks rich means $5 million a year in income. How is he going to help us when he can't relate?:eusa_whistle:

We're losing because they are slamming Obama over lies and bullshit and we are trying to be the "bigger" people? Screw that.

People will get turned off if they think the guy can't be serious when it is called for. He is not presidential. Besides, he's too old. He's 100% disabled. And, he thinks rich means $5 million a year in income. How is he going to help us when he can't relate?:eusa_whistle:

I will hit him on a slew of things.

I will hit him on his age.

I will hit him on the possibility that his time as a POW has mentally scarred him.

I will hit him on the rich comment.

I will hit him on his NUMEROUS flip-flops.

I will hammer him on his obsessive pandering.

I will hit him on his temper.

I will hit him on Iraq and how he may handle future situations.

If he picks Ridge or Lieberman for his running mate I will hammer away at that in an effort to dissuade the true believe conservative types.

But I'm not about to fabricate issues that aren't there or jump on a bandwagon driven by something as obviously made up as this "gaff."

There is plenty to criticize without having to make shit up.

barack hussein obama is losing it himself. he makes genius statements about his "pay grade" or slanders the usa to a 7 year old girl. anyone with a brain flags that as a man who is unelectable or at least starts asking the question "who honestly is this guy?".

It seems McCain might have done a flip-flop on the water issue.

DENVER—Sen. John McCain has backed off his comment that a key Western water agreement should be renegotiated, but Democrats signaled they plan to pummel him for his remarks, which even Republicans in swing-state Colorado denounced.
The GOP presidential candidate told the Pueblo (Colo.) Chieftain last week that the 1922 Colorado River Compact ought to be "renegotiated over time." But in a letter Wednesday to Sen. Wayne Allard, R-Colo., McCain wrote that his comments were misconstrued.

McCain now says Western water pact should stand - The Denver Post

What lie and BS is Obama being slammed for?

Forum List

Back