ANOTHER mass shooting? TIme to grow up folks; HOW do we address this?

I am an asshole that just calls it as I see it. I don't pull any punches so shut the fuck up.

Oh yea? Why don't you elaborate on how you see the world then with your little monkey eyes for us? A lot of those people you want to throw in these so called readily available mental instutiions are Veterns suffering from PSTD. Suppose they're just worthelss pieces of shit to you that don't deserve proper care and treatment.

I suppose you advocate throwing all those millions of people who suffer from mental illness yet take proper care of themselves and contribute to society in the same "readily availble" institutions.

The problem with the way you see things is it's thru shit screen filters. You haven't a clue about mental illness and you come across as a genuine asshole with your low brow thinking on hard issues.

So the STFU'ing needs to be coming from your corner dick head.

We all agree - except for the fringe - that some people in society must have the right to keep and bear arms infringed. Felons, those with serious mental illnesses; those who use and abuse drugs and alcohol, domestic violence offenders, etc.

Those who commit atrocious acts of violence, mass murder as we all saw yesterday, do not necessarily show up on LE Radar and thusly are not flagged in background checks.

We need to come up with pragmatic solutions to a recurring problem and cannot do so unless both sides come to the table; a goal of reaching a compromise able to limit the ability of a crazed shooter to inflict the amount of carnage which we saw yesterday would seem palatable to all.

We never hear ideas to prevent such tragic events as happened yesterday from one side of the debate. They generally post over and over about their rights but rarely acknowledge the rights of the victims of gun violence (that includes those who died, their families and friends, first responders, journalists, and the general public who watched yesterday's crime unfold on TV).

Last edited:
simple, remove guns from society. thats what the rest of the world does and we dont have the problems you do. only the police and armed forces need guns, some can have rifles to hunt if they are licenced and strictly controlled but thats it.

ps - your constitution doesnt even give you the right to bear arms, it says a well regulated militia, that is not individuals, just clever lawyers were able to argue it could be interpreted as individuals, thats why thousands get shot dead every year in america.

You don't know the language do you?

Who the hell are you posting here? Bear Arms? You idiot.

Would it be impossible to do this: A national gun owners license, like a driver's license??? You must take a yearly, FREE, mental evaluation to renew your gun license.
How would that evaluation "reach" the child....when the parent bought the gun for them?

I'm not saying a mental-evaluation is a poorly-thought-out idea....but....in order to be thorough....you'd need to test everyone who'd have access to the weapon.​

We all agree - except for the fringe - that some people in society must have the right to keep and bear arms infringed. Felons, those with serious mental illnesses; those who use and abuse drugs and alcohol, domestic violence offenders, etc.

Those who commit atrocious acts of violence, mass murder as we all saw yesterday, do not necessarily show up on LE Radar and thusly are not flagged in background checks.

We need to come up with pragmatic solutions to a recurring problem and cannot do so unless both sides come to the table; a goal of reaching a compromise able to limit the ability of a crazed shooter to inflict the amount of carnage which we saw yesterday would seem palatable to all.

We never hear ideas to prevent such tragic events as happened yesterday from one side of the debate. They generally post over and over about their rights but rarely acknowledge the rights of the victims of gun violence (that includes those who died, their families and friends, first responders, journalists, and the general public who watched yesterday's crime unfold on TV).

You're are NEVER going to prevent a tragedy..isn't that what you all told us about Benghazi?
How about the first world trade center bombing, 9/11, etc etc
As for gun violence, this a new scare you people are coming up with..how about gang violence, drug addicts violence, rapist, murders who strangle, how about the rights of those victims?
for crying out loud...stop

Nothing stops crazies.

You should witness a gun free zone, :lol: Like Toronto....All the criminals have the guns, sad day for normal people. They have nothing. :eusa_angel:

Winnipeg. Every weekend someone is stabbed to death. And yes, the Edmonton mayor actually thought about banning knives....

Last edited:

Nothing stops crazies.

You should witness a gun free zone, :lol: Like Toronto....All the criminals have the guns, sad day for normal people. They have nothing. :eusa_angel:

Now I'm out west again. My conservative government has finally let us get our long guns back.

we're gonna rock on percussion because my husband knows how to re load without buying.

I don't have a clue how he does this. But I shall learn this year. He can make his own bullets. It's crazy.

But I'm going to rock solid on bow.We are going to load up. It will take you longer to try to get rid of bows than it will guns. This I can do on my own. Been a long time. I'm traditional but you should see all the new gadgets.

I just got the latest cabela catalogue. Lord take me home it's so awesome.

Oh and by the way, how does one outlaw crazy?

You're a good example of someone who should never be allowed near a gun.

the shrinks are creating these killers ..
How do you mean?

all these school shooters have been on SSRIS...and right on the warning label it says it can cause suicidal and homicidal urges ..yet they prescribed at ever increasing rates to children and youth
Yea - I know they are always trying to prescribe some damn concoction, but what I'm talking about is just a periodic interview by a counselor or psychologist/ psychiatrist to maybe detect any potential threat.

Nothing stops crazies.

Now I'm out west again. My conservative government has finally let us get our long guns back.

we're gonna rock on percussion because my husband knows how to re load without buying.

I don't have a clue how he does this. But I shall learn this year. He can make his own bullets. It's crazy.

But I'm going to rock solid on bow.We are going to load up. It will take you longer to try to get rid of bows than it will guns. This I can do on my own. Been a long time. I'm traditional but you should see all the new gadgets.

well I don't think that was necessary..a lot of you here need to get a grip

Nothing stops crazies.

Wanna try an give a rational explanation for your pretzel logic??

Or simply put how the hell did you cme up with that nonsense??

Meh, I'm really struggling to care about this.
Yeah.....The Lord works in mysterious ways.....and, all that.

118.gif

Somehow, the USA went from its inception to the mid-1960s before we experienced a major school mass shooting (University of Texas...1966). Since then, it has gone to High School, Middle School, and now Kindergarten. What happened? Guns were available all of that time (couple hundred years). Why all of the violence now?

These are not the guns I grew up with. Those were lever or bolt action hunting rifles. These guns are civilian knockoffs of guns designed only for the killing of other human beings. And that is how they are being used.

Also, there was not the glorification of the killing of one fellow human being. Look at the number of magazines in the grocery store with war weopons on the front cover. Guns usefull only for killing other humans.

But the supporters of the NRA make big money selling their sick wares to very sick Americans.

Yes, I am angry. I have had enough. I want to see the end of the NRA, they have harmed this nation enough. There have been enough of these tragedies. More guns equals more violence and death. More innocent lives destroyed for the wealth of the merchents of death. I think you are going to see this reaction across the nation.

What a fucking idiot

1) A gun is a tool. It is designed to fire a projectile at a target with a specific force, degree of accuracy, and a set number of times... They are not 'designed only to kill'... that is nothing more than a leftist line of pure bullshit... They are designed no differently than an old 1860's Winchester or a 1600's blunderbus
2) There still is no gratification to kill another... well, unless you are a gangbanger (ironically one of the groups most likely to still have illegal guns if you take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens)
3) A gun, nor protecting the right to be armed with a gun, is 'sick'
4) You can either go fuck yourself, or hang yourself....

Nothing stops crazies.

No I am the perfect hunter and gatherer compared to you fool who goes to a mall to vest her interest into food sources packaged in plastic. I've seen your greens. I've seen how you love your greens packaged in tight little plastic boxes that come from so many miles away damaging the planet as the trucks roll from California to New York. You hypocrite.

I am a conservationist. You are an asshole. You are the perfect green asshole.

And Sarah G I just finished my last Lemon Boys in November and I have now put all my non GMO babies into their places. You are such an idiot.

Last edited:
Well, now we have it. The 'Conservatives' on this board are just fine with twenty little children being gunned down. Just don't breath a word that the availability of the weopons might be part of the problem. And the sick psychology of the worship of guns by the far right.

Trying to put words in the mouths of others in a feeble attempt to win the argument?? You are indeed a disgusting and pitiful sub-human being

For all the billions we spend fighting cavemen in the Middle East, we seem to forget we have HUGE threats right here at home, and we need to grow up and start addressing it. This is getting fucking ridiculous. Every single day we have shootings, and it seems weekly we have mass shootings.

Its time to grow the fuck up and address it. How? I dont know, but some suggestions:

Mental Health- The mental health community has seen massive budget cuts. We used to house and care for the mentally unstable. Now, we rarely do. When a whacko is showing suicidal or homicidal behavior, they call the cops. And being crazy isn't illegal. So they get evaluated by a doctor overnight, then released the next day. Until something like this pops off. And btw- all studies show that suicidal people are also the most homicidal. So addressing our out of control mental health crisis is first.

PILLS- For all the drug dealers we put in jail, the WORST drug dealers are named "Doc". The drug companies and doctors are pushing a fucking pill for everything. Humans in the US never learn to cope with human emotions, because they drug us up. When our kids grow up medicated, they never learn to deal with real emotions and one day they snap. All these chemicals aren't meant to mix in the human body, but watch TV- you'll be offered a new drug for any ailment you imagine.

Police- We need to continue the push for training cops that started after Columbine. We once just held a perimeter and waited for SWAT, like a hostage deal. No more. Now, all SWAT teams and many normal patrol officers are trained in "active shooter" training, which is literally military CQB training....teaching the cops to become the hunter and go after to KILL the shooter, not contain it. However, you dont teach a dog to fight then scold him for being aggressive. If we want Barney Fife out there, we're fucked. So if we are gonna hire and train cops to fight this shit, they're gonna be out there, ready, every day in many towns that will never see a mass shooting. But they might see one, and need to be ready. So lets not bitch when we get cops that have a bit of an aggressive streak. You cant have it both ways.

GUN CONTROL- Im a 2nd amendment guy. But we can have better common sense rules. This guy took the guns...from what I heard...his mother. Guns MUST be secured so only the owner can access them. We need wait periods. We need extensive background checks.

Would it be impossible to do this: A national gun owners license, like a driver's license??? You must take a yearly, FREE, mental evaluation to renew your gun license. Make it $50 to renew the license (eval is free) and put that money towards mental health funding. You get your yearly gun owner's license, and you can own your guns. Fail the test, and you have 1 month to turn them in, or, have a family member with a license provide proof that they have taken the guns over (so the elderly wont have to lose their lifelong guns and family can take them over).

Or, we can wait for more dead kids and bitch about it.

I am fine with your suggestions, and your disgust. This does not have to be a political issue. But I also wish Washington and our nation would take gang violence and crime more seriously as well. How many children go to school in fear every day in our major cities? Unforgivable.

simple, remove guns from society. thats what the rest of the world does and we dont have the problems you do. only the police and armed forces need guns, some can have rifles to hunt if they are licenced and strictly controlled but thats it.

ps - your constitution doesnt even give you the right to bear arms, it says a well regulated militia, that is not individuals, just clever lawyers were able to argue it could be interpreted as individuals, thats why thousands get shot dead every year in america.

Reports indicate that the firearms used by the killer were registered to his mother, not the shooter. Registration and licensing are clearly not the solution, in addition to being potentially Constitutionally burdensome.
....Which had happened at Columbine, as well....a Mother purchasing the weapon for her son.

As-far-as "Constitutionally burdensome" goes....ya' might get quite the aggressive-response, from a parent in Connecticut, regarding "burdensome".​

Forum List

Back