ANOTHER mass shooting? TIme to grow up folks; HOW do we address this?

Armed guards at every school, and metal detectors.
Guns should be locked in a gun safe while unattended.
Children should be screened by a shrink every year with an interview - those kids with a serious problem may give themselves away.
Sometimes evil gets us, sometimes we get it - often we need guns to get it! The culprit is decadence - fostered by poor dumb ass parents who shouldn't procreate!

the shrinks are creating these killers ..
How do you mean?

Armed guards at every school, and metal detectors.
Guns should be locked in a gun safe while unattended.
Children should be screened by a shrink every year with an interview - those kids with a serious problem may give themselves away.
Sometimes evil gets us, sometimes we get it - often we need guns to get it! The culprit is decadence - fostered by poor dumb ass parents who shouldn't procreate!

the shrinks are creating these killers ..
How do you mean?

all these school shooters have been on SSRIS...and right on the warning label it says it can cause suicidal and homicidal urges ..yet they prescribed at ever increasing rates to children and youth

this is worth watching...every now and then fox does some real investigative journalism

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtrLBYwIOZs]Antidepressants, School Shooters, & Suicide - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
For all the billions we spend fighting cavemen in the Middle East, we seem to forget we have HUGE threats right here at home, and we need to grow up and start addressing it. This is getting fucking ridiculous. Every single day we have shootings, and it seems weekly we have mass shootings.

Its time to grow the fuck up and address it. How? I dont know, but some suggestions:

Another idiot with dumb suggestions. Let me address each of them in turn to show you how ridiculous each and every one of your suggestions actually is.

Mental Health- The mental health community has seen massive budget cuts. We used to house and care for the mentally unstable. Now, we rarely do. When a whacko is showing suicidal or homicidal behavior, they call the cops. And being crazy isn't illegal. So they get evaluated by a doctor overnight, then released the next day. Until something like this pops off. And btw- all studies show that suicidal people are also the most homicidal. So addressing our out of control mental health crisis is first.

We used to chain mentally ill people to the wall and give the people who were willing to watch them unlimited license to abuse them. I would like to think we have grown as a society since then, apparently the progressives prefer to pretend that mental illness doesn't exist by locking them up and pretending they have no rights.

PILLS- For all the drug dealers we put in jail, the WORST drug dealers are named "Doc". The drug companies and doctors are pushing a fucking pill for everything. Humans in the US never learn to cope with human emotions, because they drug us up. When our kids grow up medicated, they never learn to deal with real emotions and one day they snap. All these chemicals aren't meant to mix in the human body, but watch TV- you'll be offered a new drug for any ailment you imagine.

First you want to lock them up, now you want to take away their meds. I am a strong advocate of the right of people to refuse their medication of that is their choice, and generally consider psychiatrists to be snake oil salesmen, but that does not mean that medication does not have a purpose.

Police- We need to continue the push for training cops that started after Columbine. We once just held a perimeter and waited for SWAT, like a hostage deal. No more. Now, all SWAT teams and many normal patrol officers are trained in "active shooter" training, which is literally military CQB training....teaching the cops to become the hunter and go after to KILL the shooter, not contain it. However, you dont teach a dog to fight then scold him for being aggressive. If we want Barney Fife out there, we're fucked. So if we are gonna hire and train cops to fight this shit, they're gonna be out there, ready, every day in many towns that will never see a mass shooting. But they might see one, and need to be ready. So lets not bitch when we get cops that have a bit of an aggressive streak. You cant have it both ways.

Police are dogs? What the fuck is wrong with you? There is no excuse for a human being not to be able to differentiate between a threat and a situation that can be dealt with by talking. I expect police to be able treat people like customers unless there is a clear and present danger to someone else. If you want to let cops beat the fuck out of people just because they are having a bad day you are free to move to China where they don't have to accept the fact that citizens are not criminals.

GUN CONTROL- Im a 2nd amendment guy. But we can have better common sense rules. This guy took the guns...from what I heard...his mother. Guns MUST be secured so only the owner can access them. We need wait periods. We need extensive background checks.

We have background checks and wait periods. That means the only thing you want it actually impossible. No one can build a lock that someone else cannot open. Even if the guns have a trigger lock, and are in a gun safe, they can still be used my other people. Only idiots don't understand this simple fact.

Would it be impossible to do this: A national gun owners license, like a driver's license??? You must take a yearly, FREE, mental evaluation to renew your gun license. Make it $50 to renew the license (eval is free) and put that money towards mental health funding. You get your yearly gun owner's license, and you can own your guns. Fail the test, and you have 1 month to turn them in, or, have a family member with a license provide proof that they have taken the guns over (so the elderly wont have to lose their lifelong guns and family can take them over).

Drivers licenses are only needed if people drive their cars on public roads. As far as I know, there is not a state in the union that requires anyone to have a drivers license as long as they are driving on private property. What you are proposing is that people have a license to own something that is perfectly legal inside their own home. In order to justify that you would, essentially, have to cede your right to privacy to the government, give them the power to ignore the constitution, the law, and even the courts. This will also give them the power to tall you who you can sleep with, marry, what you can watch and read, and even what you can say.

Again, I suggest you move to China, they already have that, but not for much longer.

Or, we can wait for more dead kids and bitch about it.

I prefer to mock the idiots who think totalitarian governments are the solution to problems, it is a lot more fun than bitching.

simple, remove guns from society. thats what the rest of the world does and we dont have the problems you do. only the police and armed forces need guns, some can have rifles to hunt if they are licenced and strictly controlled but thats it.

ps - your constitution doesnt even give you the right to bear arms, it says a well regulated militia, that is not individuals, just clever lawyers were able to argue it could be interpreted as individuals, thats why thousands get shot dead every year in america.

English is, quite obviously, not a language you comprehend. I suggest you go find a board where you can post in baby talk.

simple, remove guns from society. thats what the rest of the world does and we dont have the problems you do. only the police and armed forces need guns, some can have rifles to hunt if they are licenced and strictly controlled but thats it.

ps - your constitution doesnt even give you the right to bear arms, it says a well regulated militia, that is not individuals, just clever lawyers were able to argue it could be interpreted as individuals, thats why thousands get shot dead every year in america.

As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

exactly, individuals owning guns mentioned nowhere at all

What are people?

Reports indicate that the firearms used by the killer were registered to his mother, not the shooter. Registration and licensing are clearly not the solution, in addition to being potentially Constitutionally burdensome.

And we hear the same from conservatives with regard to the right to privacy and abortion – and it’s just as irrelevant.

erm what about if you had gun laws that meant his mother didnt have a gun, jesus christ are all americans this stupid ?

Like they do in Germany?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/12/world/europe/12germany.html?_r=1&

Or Finland?

Mass shooting in Finland | euronews, world news

Shall I continue?

For all the billions we spend fighting cavemen in the Middle East, we seem to forget we have HUGE threats right here at home, and we need to grow up and start addressing it. This is getting fucking ridiculous. Every single day we have shootings, and it seems weekly we have mass shootings.

Its time to grow the fuck up and address it. How? I dont know, but some suggestions:

Mental Health- The mental health community has seen massive budget cuts. We used to house and care for the mentally unstable. Now, we rarely do. When a whacko is showing suicidal or homicidal behavior, they call the cops. And being crazy isn't illegal. So they get evaluated by a doctor overnight, then released the next day. Until something like this pops off. And btw- all studies show that suicidal people are also the most homicidal. So addressing our out of control mental health crisis is first.

PILLS- For all the drug dealers we put in jail, the WORST drug dealers are named "Doc". The drug companies and doctors are pushing a fucking pill for everything. Humans in the US never learn to cope with human emotions, because they drug us up. When our kids grow up medicated, they never learn to deal with real emotions and one day they snap. All these chemicals aren't meant to mix in the human body, but watch TV- you'll be offered a new drug for any ailment you imagine.

Police- We need to continue the push for training cops that started after Columbine. We once just held a perimeter and waited for SWAT, like a hostage deal. No more. Now, all SWAT teams and many normal patrol officers are trained in "active shooter" training, which is literally military CQB training....teaching the cops to become the hunter and go after to KILL the shooter, not contain it. However, you dont teach a dog to fight then scold him for being aggressive. If we want Barney Fife out there, we're fucked. So if we are gonna hire and train cops to fight this shit, they're gonna be out there, ready, every day in many towns that will never see a mass shooting. But they might see one, and need to be ready. So lets not bitch when we get cops that have a bit of an aggressive streak. You cant have it both ways.

GUN CONTROL- Im a 2nd amendment guy. But we can have better common sense rules. This guy took the guns...from what I heard...his mother. Guns MUST be secured so only the owner can access them. We need wait periods. We need extensive background checks.

Would it be impossible to do this: A national gun owners license, like a driver's license??? You must take a yearly, FREE, mental evaluation to renew your gun license. Make it $50 to renew the license (eval is free) and put that money towards mental health funding. You get your yearly gun owner's license, and you can own your guns. Fail the test, and you have 1 month to turn them in, or, have a family member with a license provide proof that they have taken the guns over (so the elderly wont have to lose their lifelong guns and family can take them over).

Great post.

We need more people like you willing to have the conversation about pragmatic solutions!!

Thank you!!

Giving police the right to beat the crap out of innocent people is your idea of a pragmatic solution?

Somehow, the USA went from its inception to the mid-1960s before we experienced a major school mass shooting (University of Texas...1966). Since then, it has gone to High School, Middle School, and now Kindergarten. What happened? Guns were available all of that time (couple hundred years). Why all of the violence now?

These are not the guns I grew up with. Those were lever or bolt action hunting rifles. These guns are civilian knockoffs of guns designed only for the killing of other human beings. And that is how they are being used.

Also, there was not the glorification of the killing of one fellow human being. Look at the number of magazines in the grocery store with war weopons on the front cover. Guns usefull only for killing other humans.

But the supporters of the NRA make big money selling their sick wares to very sick Americans.

Yes, I am angry. I have had enough. I want to see the end of the NRA, they have harmed this nation enough. There have been enough of these tragedies. More guns equals more violence and death. More innocent lives destroyed for the wealth of the merchents of death. I think you are going to see this reaction across the nation.

Most people did not grow up in the 1800s.

Another idiot with dumb suggestions. Let me address each of them in turn to show you how ridiculous each and every one of your suggestions actually is.

We used to chain mentally ill people to the wall and give the people who were willing to watch them unlimited license to abuse them. I would like to think we have grown as a society since then, apparently the progressives prefer to pretend that mental illness doesn't exist by locking them up and pretending they have no rights.

First you want to lock them up, now you want to take away their meds. I am a strong advocate of the right of people to refuse their medication of that is their choice, and generally consider psychiatrists to be snake oil salesmen, but that does not mean that medication does not have a purpose.

Police are dogs? What the fuck is wrong with you? There is no excuse for a human being not to be able to differentiate between a threat and a situation that can be dealt with by talking. I expect police to be able treat people like customers unless there is a clear and present danger to someone else. If you want to let cops beat the fuck out of people just because they are having a bad day you are free to move to China where they don't have to accept the fact that citizens are not criminals.

We have background checks and wait periods. That means the only thing you want it actually impossible. No one can build a lock that someone else cannot open. Even if the guns have a trigger lock, and are in a gun safe, they can still be used my other people. Only idiots don't understand this simple fact.

Drivers licenses are only needed if people drive their cars on public roads. As far as I know, there is not a state in the union that requires anyone to have a drivers license as long as they are driving on private property. What you are proposing is that people have a license to own something that is perfectly legal inside their own home. In order to justify that you would, essentially, have to cede your right to privacy to the government, give them the power to ignore the constitution, the law, and even the courts. This will also give them the power to tall you who you can sleep with, marry, what you can watch and read, and even what you can say.

Again, I suggest you move to China, they already have that, but not for much longer.

I prefer to mock the idiots who think totalitarian governments are the solution to problems, it is a lot more fun than bitching.

I wish I could rep you again my friend you really put some thought into this post and debunked all of bucs points

What will come of this! Probably a thousand more laws at school. I already need a number of IDs to even pick up or see my child at school. Pretty soon parents will not even be allowed on school grounds. O, wait that is close to happening already-we now have the car pool lane, and heaven forbid if you should get out of this lane or be different then others in this lane (such as; perhaps you want to walk your Kindergartener in to school)-You will get an ear full from the school personnel if you try. But, all these new laws will be to protect us. Right. Or, will they make us feel like we are the criminals when we already have to get background checks to volunteer in the classroom. What next getting finger printed to eat lunch at school with your child. We are moving in the wrong direction.

What will come of this! Probably a thousand more laws at school. I already need a number of IDs to even pick up or see my child at school. Pretty soon parents will not even be allowed on school grounds. O, wait that is close to happening already-we now have the car pool lane, and heaven forbid if you should get out of this lane or be different then others in this lane (such as; perhaps you want to walk your Kindergartener in to school)-You will get an ear full from the school personnel if you try. But, all these new laws will be to protect us. Right. Or, will they make us feel like we are the criminals when we already have to get background checks to volunteer in the classroom. What next getting finger printed to eat lunch at school with your child. We are moving in the wrong direction.

Dont forget...more mental health screening so we can give more kids drugs and create more shootings...

Knife-wielding man injures 22 school-children in China

By: Terril Yue Jones
December 14, 2012

A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on schoolchildren in the country.

The man attacked the children at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province, the Xinhua news agency reported.

Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said. It did not give further details of the extent of the injuries.

There have been a series of attacks on schools and schoolchildren around China in recent years, some by people who have lost their jobs or felt left out of the country's economic boom.

The rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect the young in a country where many couples only have one child.

Read more at:
Knife-wielding man injures 22 children in China - Courant.com

Of course in China, only secret police, police and the military are allowed to have guns. Yet, where there is a will there is a way to commit mayhem. Even Football DWI players have their ways with careening autos.

Why do people NEED guns? Hunting and sport are wants, not needs. Not in this day and age.

Thats part of the perks of living in a "free" society. Others needs are not determined by your opinion of what their needs should be. In fact, a person's needs are not even relevant to the conversation.

What need is there for you as an individual to say whatever stupid shit you want? It serves little or no purpose and does not promote the greater good.

So you don't have an actual answer. Got it.

Why do people NEED guns? Hunting and sport are wants, not needs. Not in this day and age.

2 things hunting is a need have you ever seen a starving wild animal because of over population?
Without hunter wild animals would die a long painful death due to starvation.

Secondly the second amendment has nothing to due with the right to keep a firearm for hunting.

So your position is that guns are needed otherwise animals would starve to death?

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back