Another liberal myth exposed

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
"The president's own administration has released a report which reveals that the United States has 26 percent of the world's technically recoverable conventional oil resources, and that's not including our enormous oil shale, tight oil and heavy oil resources. This report from the U.S. Geological Survey is vindication for anyone who thought that President Obama's claims ... are less than honest."

Read more: Republicans say new study belies Obama claim US has 2 percent of world oil | Fox News

It seems I am on this oil kick. Not true, just trying to do my part on exposing BHO for what he really is
Its not personal, we just need a new direction, this one is not working. If it was BHO would not be saying these things

Ah, it is right there in the link:

The president and the USGS, though, are referring to different kinds of oil reserves.

What the president talks about is "proven oil reserves" -- or oil deposits that have been discovered and are considered viable.

In the other, much bigger, category are the "undiscovered, technically recoverable" reserves -- or all the other stuff geologists estimate is out in the world regardless of how accessible or economically viable it might be. That's what the USGS looked at.

I anticipate a few problems with your OP, well, at least among some of our liberal friends...

First, it has to do with Republicans. That's a big no-no...

Second, it has to do with Republicans and a study, presumably one of a scientific nature. As we all know from reading many a thread here, Republicans hate science. It is therefore impossible for the two to be linked.

Third, it contradicts things Obama says or has said. He's never wrong.

And last but certainly not least... Fox News.

I own some property in NW Florida that has capped wells in the area from the 60s.

There recovering oil 6 miles deep in the Gulf. I am not sure what "technically recoverable" could mean when there doing that

Conservatives are going to push for a domestic energy moonshot, which will:

1) create MILLIONS of new jobs

2) greatly reduce our dependency on foreign oil

3) solve the national security risk of relying on foreign oil

4) dramatically improve our balance of trade

It is coming soon, and it is a winning proposition.

BHO made 3 huge mistakes that will cost him his job on November

1) the stimulus was a failure. Its only intent was to reset the base-line our budget is. This has caused a 5 trillion dollar addition to our deficit with no real job growth
2) He wasted the first 2 years on Obama-care instead of the economy
3) Oil, plain in simple every well regulated chance we have to explore/extract/deliver/refine/dliver/and sale should have been a top priority

Oil exploration is not about the price of gas, its about jobs plain and simple

BHO made 3 huge mistakes that will cost him his job on November

1) the stimulus was a failure. Its only intent was to reset the base-line our budget is. This has caused a 5 trillion dollar addition to our deficit with no real job growth
2) He wasted the first 2 years on Obama-care instead of the economy
3) Oil, plain in simple every well regulated chance we have to explore/extract/deliver/refine/dliver/and sale should have been a top priority

Oil exploration is not about the price of gas, its about jobs plain and simple

Win Win for America, and a real loser for the fossil fuel Nazis on the Left.

We could be completely energy independent and off middle east oil entirely in a decade if we actually had an energy policy. Unfortunately our energy policy is directed almost entirely at "green energy" and this administration is laying waste to our oil / natural gas exploration / extraction...

We could be completely energy independent and off middle east oil entirely in a decade if we actually had an energy policy. Unfortunately our energy policy is directed almost entirely at "green energy" and this administration is laying waste to our oil / natural gas exploration / extraction...

Natural gas will take coal off of the market in the next 20 years, maybe 30
Obama acted foolishly not pushing this
The volt had the full brunt of the tax payer supporting it with billions in capital, and it failed

Tax policy along with common sense regulations on the extraction of along with the refinement of to not only expand but explode this sector would create millions of jobs

I anticipate a few problems with your OP, well, at least among some of our liberal friends...

First, it has to do with Republicans. That's a big no-no...

Second, it has to do with Republicans and a study, presumably one of a scientific nature. As we all know from reading many a thread here, Republicans hate science. It is therefore impossible for the two to be linked.

Third, it contradicts things Obama says or has said. He's never wrong.

And last but certainly not least... Fox News.

Well......liberals can be bigots too you know. :mad:

To review: No myth, just more idiot out of context Pubcrappe for the dupes...

Franco try and ask your self exactly what is it about a president who cannot be honest enough about his policies to discuss them?
Whats so wrong with just saying he does not want the jobs that would come with increased oil production due to the concerns he has with the environment?

Its obvious he knows better than to make those statements, it makes me wonder about the people around him

Franco this not about the GOP, me or for that matter you, it is about Obama
Why he does this is beyond me

George Bush's first order of business when he became president was to develop a national energy policy. He put Dick Cheney in charge.

Why, after eleven years is our only answer Drill, baby......drill?

George Bush's first order of business when he became president was to develop a national energy policy. He put Dick Cheney in charge.

Why, after eleven years is our only answer Drill, baby......drill?

What else would there be?
BTW GM still owes us billions, the volt is dead and there stock has fallen sense it had 50 billion in tax payers wealth pumped into it
OBL is dead because a very brave Navy Seal got after him as well as the people and policies put forth during GWB admin
I do give BHO credit for having the balls to get after him, but stating GM is a alive is an insult to the tax payer who still has billions owed to us from them
Bailout List: Banks, Auto Companies, and More | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica

"The president's own administration has released a report which reveals that the United States has 26 percent of the world's technically recoverable conventional oil resources, and that's not including our enormous oil shale, tight oil and heavy oil resources. This report from the U.S. Geological Survey is vindication for anyone who thought that President Obama's claims ... are less than honest."

Read more: Republicans say new study belies Obama claim US has 2 percent of world oil | Fox News

It seems I am on this oil kick. Not true, just trying to do my part on exposing BHO for what he really is
Its not personal, we just need a new direction, this one is not working. If it was BHO would not be saying these things

Wow. We have all that oil. So, where is it?

Forum List

Back