Another Liberal myth exposed: Bush tax cuts increased revenue to the treasurey

This country elected the worse president we have ever elected because he was elected on false information
If your to lazy to post a link to support your claim, then your the very reason this country is in the shape it is in
you have a responsibility to do the right thing
Myth #5: The Bush tax cuts are to blame for the projected long-term budget deficits.
Fact: Projections show that entitlement costs will dwarf the projected large revenue increases.
The unsustainability of America's long-term budget path is well known. However, a common misperception blames the massive future budget deficits on the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts. In reality, revenues will continue to increase above the historical average yet be dwarfed by historic entitlement spending increases. (See Chart 3.)

1. $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007,

2. median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

3. Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts

4. tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history.

5. income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts.

6. the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax

So....you don't like the messenger, but have found no error in the message?

Sounds kind of intellectually lazy at best.
Is that the methodology taught to Liberals?

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

‘US’ Chamber Of Commerce Hosts Seminars With Chinese Gov Officials To Teach American Firms How To Outsource

U.S. Chamber of Commerce - gives to Republicans more than 9 to 1 over Democrats

Trade you links.

your link means nothing
you know how to stop jobs going to china?
stop buying things built in china
thats not anyones fault but the ones who are buying it

and your chamber link?
there pro business

You must be one of those "edjamacated" Republicans because your argument is so "deep" and well thought out. Even better than your "spelling".

What did you think of PC's links?

no to the truth

The truth?

Every single time the conservatives get a leading role in the US government..the US economy suffers some economic disaster.

And I am not talking about moderates..like Eisenhower..I am talking batshit crazy types like Coolidge, Hoover, Reagan and George W Bush.

and Clinton.

What economic disaster happened under Clinton? The "dot com" bust was very minor and adjusted itself rather quickly. And it was a case of a new industry trying to find what works and what doesn't..so it was hardly a disaster. In fact..the US economy enjoyed a rather robust period of growth under Clinton, an upgrade in some major infrastructure, a whole host of new technology and ways to make money with it.

So anything else?

The truth?

Every single time the conservatives get a leading role in the US government..the US economy suffers some economic disaster.

And I am not talking about moderates..like Eisenhower..I am talking batshit crazy types like Coolidge, Hoover, Reagan and George W Bush.

and Clinton.

What economic disaster happened under Clinton? The "dot com" bust was very minor and adjusted itself rather quickly. And it was a case of a new industry trying to find what works and what doesn't..so it was hardly a disaster. In fact..the US economy enjoyed a rather robust period of growth under Clinton, an upgrade in some major infrastructure, a whole host of new technology and ways to make money with it.

So anything else?
I see. It didn't happen under clinton, therefore it's not his fault and you love to play the role of Lewinsky. Carry on.

You mean "Supply-side" or "Voodoo economics"?
Supply-side economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some contemporary economists do not consider supply-side economics a tenable economic theory, with Alan Blinder calling it an "ill-fated" and perhaps "silly" school on the pages of a 2006 textbook.[19] Greg Mankiw, former chairman of President George W. Bush's Council of Economic Advisors, offered similarly sharp criticism of the school in the early editions of his introductory economics textbook.[20] In a 1992 article for the Harvard International Review, James Tobin wrote, "[The] idea that tax cuts would actually increase revenues turned out to deserve the ridicule…

The extreme promises of supply-side economics did not materialize. President Reagan argued that because of the effect depicted in the Laffer curve, the government could maintain expenditures, cut tax rates, and balance the budget. This was not the case. Government revenues fell sharply from levels that would have been realized without the tax cuts.
- Karl Case & Ray Fair, Principles of Economics (2007), p. 695

your link means nothing
you know how to stop jobs going to china?
stop buying things built in china
thats not anyones fault but the ones who are buying it

and your chamber link?
there pro business

You must be one of those "edjamacated" Republicans because your argument is so "deep" and well thought out. Even better than your "spelling".

What did you think of PC's links?

The liberal mandate is to attack the messenger
Never debate the facts
I have no idea what your talking about, but at least I have enough sense to know that what we buy from China is not GWB fault or BHO
its ours
and that a link about jobs going to China has nothing to do with jobs not being created as promised with a failed stimulus
My friend, chill out
If you have nothing to offer, then attacking me does nothing but make you look like an idiot

and Clinton.

So anything else?
I see. It didn't happen under clinton, therefore it's not his fault and you love to play the role of Lewinsky. Carry on.

No need for you to go there. Chief. I've basically always been polite and respectful of you.

Nothing you said refutes anything I said. Kind of makes me wonder what the point of your post was.

Again, and in lay mens terms, what is specifically "false, fallacious, and misleading" about the OP?

Take as much time as you need, re-writing history is a arduous task...

The. claim. that. the. Bush. tax. cuts. CAUSED. increased. revenues.

I knew you couldn't do it, thanks for making my point, it so easy when all you do is banter about your talking points....

So anything else?

No need for you to go there. Chief. I've basically always been polite and respectful of you.

I'm sorry.

Can you say bubble, can you spell bubble? Is the revision of Bush beginning so soon after everyone, and I mean everyone, marked him a total failure. Anyone still moving today who lived through Bush and considers this sort of BS truthful must have died before 2007/08, but rigamortis hasn't yet stopped stupidity from rattling the body's dumb pen.

Can you say bubble, can you spell bubble? Is the revision of Bush beginning so soon after everyone, and I mean everyone, marked him a total failure. Anyone still moving today who lived through Bush and considers this sort of BS truthful must have died before 2007/08, but rigamortis hasn't yet stopped stupidity from rattling the body's dumb pen.

cutting taxes during wartime was not a good idea. but that's not what caused the banks to fail.

I see someone has once again decided to have fun with numbers. You can have a lot of fun with numbers when you don't adjust for inflation. For example, Clinton had the largest 4 year increase in tax receipts ever, back in 1997. Interesting enough, he had it again in 1998 and again in 1999. In fact, in his time, Reagan had the record for 4 year increases. Isn't ignoring inflation fun?

Also, while we're at it, lets carefully select time periods while ignoring others. Lets look at just the last few years of a bubble while ignoring the reality that receipts DROPPED in 2008. Lets also ignore the 3 years in a row where tax receipts went down, something that has NEVER happened in modern history. Bush will certainly own that record for a while. I mean, if we didn't cherry pick the time period, we'd see that from 2000 to 2008, receipts went up 24.6% with spending going up 66%, and we don't want to talk about that.

Ah yes, fun with numbers. Always a good time, even if it's completely detached from reality.

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

Bush came in office riding the wave aof a Clinton surplus economy and left us with a destroyed economy. Anyone that thinks the Bush Tax cuts added to the revenue is ignorant. There might have been some short term benefit from the very liitle tax cuts to the working class but the net rusult is 55% of the national debt is from the Bush Tax cuts. And your stats,assuming they are true, don't prove your point.

"... wave aof a Clinton surplus economy ..."

Clinton presidency resulted in a 41% increase in the national debt.

It was the 1983 Reagan-Greenspan Social Security commission that provided a "lock box" the Clinton raided to perpetuate the fraud.

Let me know if you require proof.

Forum List

Back