Another Liberal myth exposed: Bush tax cuts increased revenue to the treasurey

When you own a business and government raises your taxes you are not able to expand that business .
When taxes are lowered you are able to expand that business with branch offices or restaurants.
And more restaurants or offices generates more revenue income in taxes.

You left out 9/11 but of course the prospect of war didn't have any impact in the early Bush years, did it.

I'm being as concise as possible.

2001 - Bush passed his first tax cut.

2003 - US GDP increased 3.1%

2003 - US tax revenues FELL.

Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by Industry for 2003 For GDP

Read some history bub. 9/11 occurred in 2001, and sucker punched the economy. Nor do tax cuts have an instantaneous impact.

Was 9/11 caused by the people that were funded by George HW Bush and Ronald Reagan?

Just wondering.

Because conservative "leadership" always leads to disaster one way or the other.

Or both.

When you own a business and government raises your taxes you are not able to expand that business .
When taxes are lowered you are able to expand that business with branch offices or restaurants.

That's been proven wrong over and over.

What causes expansion is demand.

Links?

Links?

Links to what?

Simple economics?

:lol:

You obviously don't own a business.
What causes demand?
If you pay lower taxes you have more money to spend,which brings demand.

What good is demand if your taxes prohibit you from expanding?

What Sallow doesn't understand is that Demand alone creates nothing.

Want an example? Government funded health care in Massachusetts. Unfettered demand has led to more people showing up at emergency rooms because there are not enough doctors to handle their Demand.

There is a reason for the Supply and Demand equation. Demand without an environment which encourage Free Market development of Supply just leads to higher prices and rationing.

You obviously don't own a business.
What causes demand?
If you pay lower taxes you have more money to spend,which brings demand.

Actually I have owned businesses.

You?

How's it going?

What Sallow doesn't understand is that Demand alone creates nothing.

Want an example? Government funded health care in Massachusetts. Unfettered demand has led to more people showing up at emergency rooms because there are not enough doctors to handle their Demand.

There is a reason for the Supply and Demand equation. Demand without an environment which encourage Free Market development of Supply just leads to higher prices and rationing.

You're comparing a government program with a private business??:lol:

And it seems that after it's intial iteration, Massachusetts is doing alot better with it's health care plan. RomneyCare is very successful. Even Romney and Massachusetts Democrats will attest to that.

Links to what?

Simple economics?

You said it had been proven over and over. Where's the over and over proof?

Oh..you want me to fetch a crap load of links you will dismiss right away because they come from the New York Times..or CNN or some other reputable news source?

Screw that.

If you want me to do work..I want reward.

I find the links..and you put in your sig "Sallow is a genius". For a month.

Sound fair?

Why would anyone want to increase revenue to the government?

To make it even bigger?

I thought you conservatives were against big government.

Links to what?

Simple economics?

You said it had been proven over and over. Where's the over and over proof?

Oh..you want me to fetch a crap load of links you will dismiss right away because they come from the New York Times..or CNN or some other reputable news source?

Screw that.

If you want me to do work..I want reward.

I find the links..and you put in your sig "Sallow is a genius". For a month.

Sound fair?

IOW, you can't provide proof and just made up shit.

Ryan Dwyer is a Washington lawyer and a fellow with the National Review Institute.

1. $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007,

2. median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

3. Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts

4. tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history.

5. income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts.

6. the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax

So....you don't like the messenger, but have found no error in the message?

Sounds kind of intellectually lazy at best.
Is that the methodology taught to Liberals?

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

‘US’ Chamber Of Commerce Hosts Seminars With Chinese Gov Officials To Teach American Firms How To Outsource

U.S. Chamber of Commerce - gives to Republicans more than 9 to 1 over Democrats

Trade you links.

The Dot Com crash - have you heard of it?

9/11 - have you heard of it?

The Bush tax cuts helped the company recover from a double whammy, and did results in increased tax receipts as well as full employment.

And despite my opposition to his deficits, his 8 year total is less than one year of Obama's.

Prove cause and effect.

Wait.. you really need proof that an economic crash decreases tax receipts?

REALLY???????????

No. I want proof that the Bush tax cuts increased revenues.

But to your point, if an economic crash (without any regard to tax policy) causes tax receipts to fall,

then LOGICALLY an economic recovery (without any regard to tax policy) would cause tax receipts to rise.

Correct?

The question from that is, then, why, if we KNOW that the post-2001 economic recovery ITSELF CAUSED increased tax revenues,

why are all you clowns insisting that it was the Bush tax cuts that caused it?

Ryan Dwyer is a Washington lawyer and a fellow with the National Review Institute.

1. $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007,

2. median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

3. Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts

4. tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history.

5. income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts.

6. the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax

So....you don't like the messenger, but have found no error in the message?

Sounds kind of intellectually lazy at best.
Is that the methodology taught to Liberals?

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

‘US’ Chamber Of Commerce Hosts Seminars With Chinese Gov Officials To Teach American Firms How To Outsource

U.S. Chamber of Commerce - gives to Republicans more than 9 to 1 over Democrats

Trade you links.

Here you go:

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year

Forum List

Back