Another Liberal lie exposed

The exit strategy of any war worth fighting in the first place is victory.

Or defeat. Both are exit strategies if you think a war has an exit strategy. I happen to think it doesn't. But that's because I'm referring to war, absolute war, and not what used to be called a "police action.".

And I'm certainly not dragging an invasion and occupation of a sovereign state into it. The only political entity that has no exit strategy following an invasion is an empire.

You get to go home when you've won, if you lose you likely already are home.

We invaded a soveriegn nation, in this case Iraq, with which a defacto state of war had existed for more than a decade and in which the shooting -albeit in a rather desultory fashion - had already recommenced.

You get to go home when you've won, if you lose you likely already are home.

We invaded a soveriegn nation, in this case Iraq, with which a defacto state of war had existed for more than a decade and in which the shooting -albeit in a rather desultory fashion - had already recommenced.

The main problem I have with the Iraq war is that it's just a big waste of money, time, and lives. Now if we actually benefited from it then I would shut up, but so far we are just making matters worse for them and ourselves.

That is certainly the impression you'd get if all you ever watchjed was the alphabet soup media. You will note I do not refer to them as the 'mainstream media'. I do not do so because if indeed they represent the American mainstream it is time to buy an Island and move away form here, because those boys and girls are in the main clueless self important asshats of which it could be quite truthfully said that if you could buy them for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth you would be a a trillionaire over night.

That is certainly the impression you'd get if all you ever watchjed was the alphabet soup media. You will note I do not refer to them as the 'mainstream media'. I do not do so because if indeed they represent the American mainstream it is time to buy an Island and move away form here, because those boys and girls are in the main clueless self important asshats of which it could be quite truthfully said that if you could buy them for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth you would be a a trillionaire over night.

No, the impression they try to give is that the war is evil and some huge conspiracy ... I don't pay attention to what they say most of the time, and when I do I look into it for myself before forming an opinion.

Historically all wars have benefited us in some way, either through profit, self defense, or even a hard learned lesson. This one offers none of these. We can't make a profit over what we have and are spending on it. There was no threat from them, hell we already controlled them and had Saddam shaking in his boots with just a smirk. Lastly any lesson we could possibly learn from this one we already learned from Vietnam. So unless you have found some benefit I missed there is none, it's just messing things up, making more enemies, losing money, and weakening our military (which we may need soon if the economy doesn't right itself fast enough).

This benefits us in two ways. First we don't have troops sitting in Saudi waiting for Saddam to die of Old age. And hopefully not in Iraq in another dozen or so years.

2nd one less tyrant in the world is always a good thing and benefits all concerned.

This benefits us in two ways. First we don't have troops sitting in Saudi waiting for Saddam to die of Old age. And hopefully not in Iraq in another dozen or so years.

2nd one less tyrant in the world is always a good thing and benefits all concerned.
not to speak of his two boys
so thats 3 tyrants
also we have the potential for a strong ally in an area where we didnt have many

not to speak of his two boys
so thats 3 tyrants
also we have the potential for a strong ally in an area where we didnt have many

For the tyrants, when you create a vacuum you have to fill it, that's how he got put there in the first place. Anyone who takes his place will likely turn out to be the same, so most likely this won't fix anything.

As for strong allies, they would have been ... sort of ... without the war, they were more likely to become allies if we hadn't done so much excess damage there trying to "clean up", and as for strong ... the strength of the Middle East is measured by their numbers nt their weaponry, because their weapons are everyone elses rejects. Decreasing the population as we have, we took away their strength and now are weak because of the war.

Even beyond all that, do you think wasting money on it at this time is really that bright of an idea. Honestly I don't care what happens over there, they had never been and would never have been, and real threat to us, I only care about the impact it has on us, our country, and this has been negative since day one. One major downside is the fracturing of our own affiliations, people are spending more time arguing about who is right and wrong about the war than trying to figure out how to end it or make it truly beneficial to us. The only good thing about the pop-star president is that at least he got most of the Democrats to unify again (ignoring the fact that he will ruin us all it's still one good thing). The Republicans are still fractured, and most independents are just shaking our heads wondering what is happening to us all. There is a middle ground, but no one is seeking it because they are all being too pig headed blaming and pointing fingers, then whining about people who disagree with them, and just plain old mudslinging all while more money is wasted, more lives are lost, and nothing is getting better over there either.

Forum List

Back