Another liberal lie exposed. BUSH VETOED END OF LIFE PROVISIONS

Under the new policy, outlined in a Medicare regulation, the government will pay doctors who advise patients on options for end-of-life care, which may include advance directives to forgo aggressive life-sustaining treatment.

While the new law does not mention advance care planning, the Obama administration has been able to achieve its policy goal through the regulation-writing process, a strategy that could become more prevalent in the next two years as the president deals with a strengthened Republican opposition in Congress.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/26/us/politics/26death.html?_r=1

Do you even have a clue as to what advanced directives are?

Every day in my office, patients are offered Advanced Directives by my medical assistant. They can refuse them or accept them and if they wish, they can discuss them with me.

Essentially, they are a written document where the patient can decide what they want to have done with regards to CPR, intubation, feeding tubes, etc. It allows the patient to make their own decisions, in case something was to happen, and it is intented to prevent a family feud regarding their personal medical care a la Terry Schiavo.

So you want the doctor to rush though you end of life options cuz he isn't getting paid? Is that what this OP is arguing for?

How about not getting paid to off grandma. Or haven't you checked out the latest version of "end of life" provsions?

Please provide a link defending your claims of federally mandated euthanasia.

If you can't, then shut the fuck up. Adults are talking.

When liberals know they are losing they change the bar.

When you have a quote of me saying euthenasia, do let me know.

Until then, who needs to shut up?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not exactly all that's in end of life provisions.

And if they are so harmless, how come they had to take them out of the Obamacare, and now Obama is trying to sneak them back in?

Nice try!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Because idiot conservatives ran around sceaming "DEATH PANELS....DEATH PANELS"

Because they ARE DEATH PANELS!

Under the new policy, outlined in a Medicare regulation, the government will pay doctors who advise patients on options for end-of-life care, which may include advance directives to forgo aggressive life-sustaining treatment.

The government PAYS FOR IT, they are ENCOURAGING IT. This is exactly what it looks like. Let's off grandma because she's not paying IN taxes anymore, she's collecting them through Obamacare, Medicare, and Social Security. She's costing us too much! Time to off her!

damn, you're even more stupid than i thought.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that very few posters on here have read the actual research that all this shit was based on.

Not exactly all that's in end of life provisions.

And if they are so harmless, how come they had to take them out of the Obamacare, and now Obama is trying to sneak them back in?

Nice try!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:eusa_shhh: facts confuse her.

but its nice to know there's been a new death panel thread pretty much every day.

This is the reason most of the time Jillian just neg reps and runs away.

The above is her idea of a "crushing rebuke" of the op.

The government PAYS FOR IT, they are ENCOURAGING IT. This is exactly what it looks like. Let's off grandma because she's not paying IN taxes anymore, she's collecting them through Obamacare, Medicare, and Social Security. She's costing us too much! Time to off her!

Another example of the "crushing" debate, I have to deal with.

i don't debate the intellectually bereft.

try harder

i don't debate the intellectually bereft.

try harder

Oh, gee, I haven't heard that one from every person who knows damn well they would lose if they actually tried to debate the FACTS.

Instead, they prove they are sooooooooooooooooooo schmart by just flinging lame insults.

Gosh, how do I counter such stinging rebukes.

Oh, I remember!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When you have a quote of me saying euthenasia, do let me know.

Its the same thing.

How about not getting paid to off grandma.

Euthanasia = getting paid to off grandma

When you can prove that, let me know. It's your assertion, not mine.

Alright. I retract my comment about euthanasia.

Now, I ask you to please explain what you mean by doctors "getting paid to off grandma".

Its the same thing.

Euthanasia = getting paid to off grandma

Now, I ask you to please explain what you mean by doctors "getting paid to off grandma".

It's very simple and it starts with this:

ObamaCare Rationing Begins

Posted 12/22/2010 07:07 PM ET

Medicine: The FDA has reversed its approval of a widely used cancer drug approved in Europe to treat breast cancer on the grounds it doesn't provide a "sufficient" benefit.

The reason given by the FDA was that the drug does not provide "a sufficient benefit in slowing disease progression to outweigh the significant risk to patients." What risk? These women are dying.

The drug buys them precious time, and the only risk they face is from an FDA saying "pull the plug."

On the same day the FDA channeled Dr. Kevorkian, its European counterpart, the European Medicines Agency, issued a statement approving Avastin for metastatic breast cancer.

Benefits of the drug, it said, "continue to outweigh the risks, because the available data have overwhelmingly shown to prolong progression-free survival of breast cancer patients without a negative effect on the overall survival."

ObamaCare Rationing Begins - Investors.com

Instead of letting the terminally ill and doctors decide the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is banning a drug that adds life to terminally ill patients, because they decided it's too expensive to bother with.

THIS IS A DIRECT RESULT OF OBAMA CARE!

THIS IS AN OBVIOUS EXAMPLE OF DEATH PANELS.

The terminally ill don't pay taxes, they DRAIN TAXES, let's KILL 'EM!

Now they are sneaking in PAYING DOCTORS to counsel you on end of life.

It's all part of the same pattern, and this isn't the last example.

This is EXACTLY WHY this was removed from Obamacare, and why Palin was right about death panels.

Say this isn't enough evidence? Be patient. More will be coming.

Liberals work incrementally, because they know they can't get their radical agenda through in one fell swoop.

Last edited:

It's very simple and it starts with this:

ObamaCare Rationing Begins

Posted 12/22/2010 07:07 PM ET

Medicine: The FDA has reversed its approval of a widely used cancer drug approved in Europe to treat breast cancer on the grounds it doesn't provide a "sufficient" benefit.

The reason given by the FDA was that the drug does not provide "a sufficient benefit in slowing disease progression to outweigh the significant risk to patients." What risk? These women are dying.

The drug buys them precious time, and the only risk they face is from an FDA saying "pull the plug."

On the same day the FDA channeled Dr. Kevorkian, its European counterpart, the European Medicines Agency, issued a statement approving Avastin for metastatic breast cancer.

Benefits of the drug, it said, "continue to outweigh the risks, because the available data have overwhelmingly shown to prolong progression-free survival of breast cancer patients without a negative effect on the overall survival."
ObamaCare Rationing Begins - Investors.com

Instead of letting the terminally ill and doctors decide the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is banning a drug that adds life to terminally ill patients, because they decided it's too expensive to bother with.

THIS IS A DIRECT RESULT OF OBAMA CARE!

THIS IS AN OBVIOUS EXAMPLE OF DEATH PANELS.

The terminally ill don't pay taxes, they DRAIN TAXES, let's KILL 'EM!

Now they are sneaking in PAYING DOCTORS to counsel you on end of life.

It's all part of the same pattern, and this isn't the last example.

This is EXACTLY WHY this was removed from Obamacare, and why Palin was right about death panels.

Say this isn't enough evidence? Be patient. More will be coming.

Liberals work incrementally, because they know they can't get their radical agenda through in one fell swoop.

Advanced directives and Avastin for breast cancer are two completely unrelated topics, and you cannot use Avastin for breast cancer to describe your fears of advanced directives.

You are letting your FEELINGS get in the way of the the facts.

And you have not explained your statement that doctors are "getting paid to off grandma".

While the new law does not mention advance care planning, the Obama administration has been able to achieve its policy goal through the regulation-writing process, a strategy that could become more prevalent in the next two years as the president deals with a strengthened Republican opposition in Congress.

Do you even have a clue as to what advanced directives are?

Every day in my office, patients are offered Advanced Directives by my medical assistant. They can refuse them or accept them and if they wish, they can discuss them with me.

Essentially, they are a written document where the patient can decide what they want to have done with regards to CPR, intubation, feeding tubes, etc. It allows the patient to make their own decisions, in case something was to happen, and it is intented to prevent a family feud regarding their personal medical care a la Terry Schiavo.

This is as far as I have gotten while reading this thread.....

Here it is in a nutshell.....

Doctors were and are not INCENTIVIZED to recomend someone end treatment, with these new provisions they will be.
The key is incentivized.... Doctors have always been able to discuss end of life options... its a normal thing to do.
Some folks dont want to be resucitated or intubated... they just want to die naturally and maybe with some pain relief, and then there are others who will fight to the very end.
So yes doctors have always been able to discuss this, but now it will be at our expense and in the doctors best interest for said patient to just "take the pain meds" in order to save money.

Forum List

Back