Another Lib Inconsistency (something REALLY funny)

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
The fact that the 9/11 hijackers were all saudi arabian is liberal proof that Iraq is an exercise in misdirection, but the fact that they were all Muslim, ironically, does not compel libs to give muslims greater scrutiny at security points. Now THAT'S funny.

rtwngAvngr said:
The fact that the 9/11 hijackers were all saudi arabian is liberal proof that Iraq is an exercise in misdirection, but the fact that they were all Muslim, ironically, does not compel libs to give muslims greater scrutiny at security points. Now THAT'S funny.

Oh yes, so funny I forgot to laugh.......:D

Said1 said:
Not all Muslims are terrorists ya know. :rolleyes:

But why is their nation of origin to be considered as an aspect of them that should shape policy, while their religion, the true reason for their act, is to be ignored in policy? according to libs. I know you're not one.

rtwngAvngr said:
But why is their nation of origin to be considered as an aspect of them that should shape policy, while their religion, the true reason for their act, is to be ignored in policy? according to libs. I know you're not one.

I think that's just a nice way of targetting a specific group without actually saying anything about their religion.

Said1 said:
I think that's just a nice way of targetting a specific group without actually saying anything about their religion.

this goes to the Iraq vs. Saudia Arabia angle. Lib: "Why are you going to iraq, they were all saudis". but they won't say "Why are you searching everyone, they were all muslims."

rtwngAvngr said:
this goes to the Iraq vs. Saudia Arabia angle. Lib: "Why are you going to iraq, they were all saudis". but they won't say "Why are you searching everyone, they were all muslims."

"They were all Saudis, but you need their oil so target poor Iraq and take all their oil instead." Ignoring anything relating to terrorism, Saddam or Islamic Jihad. It's difficult to talk to these people without wanting to bop them.

Huckleburry said:
Are you suggesting that we invade the entire muslim world because of the 11 muslims attacked us? I hope not cause that shit would be expensive

No one is suggesting that. The point is that the enemy goes beyond a single nation. Radical Islam exsists eveywhere, and is identified by religion, not state of origin.

said1 said:
"They were all Saudis, but you need their oil so target poor Iraq and take all their oil instead." Ignoring anything relating to terrorism, Saddam or Islamic Jihad. It's difficult to talk to these people without wanting to bop them.

Tell me about it.

Huckleburry said:
Are you suggesting that we invade the entire muslim world because of the 11 muslims attacked us? I hope not cause that shit would be expensive

Hopefully we will just have to make examples of a few.

Said1 said:

You are unfortunately correct.

What we need to do is just come right out and say it. We are Racially Profiling. It needs to be done. Who are the main terrorists these days? Its not Irish Catholics, British Protestants, Chinese Atheists, Japanese Buddhists, or Indian Hindus, its Arab Muslims. Not all Muslims are terrorists, correct. But these days most terrorists attacking Americans are Muslim. If someone's feelings get hurt, I don't really care. It's time to stop pretending that terror attacks are coming from all religions across the board.

theim said:
You are unfortunately correct.

What we need to do is just come right out and say it. We are Racially Profiling. It needs to be done. Who are the main terrorists these days? Its not Irish Catholics, British Protestants, Chinese Atheists, Japanese Buddhists, or Indian Hindus, its Arab Muslims. Not all Muslims are terrorists, correct. But these days most terrorists attacking Americans are Muslim. If someone's feelings get hurt, I don't really care. It's time to stop pretending that terror attacks are coming from all religions across the board.

Right on. The libs against this are either totally anti american, or just merely brainwashed by pc lunacy.

liberals are in a bind when it comes to racial profiling. It's a case where one value (safety) clashes against another (racial equality), and there's no comfortable way to slice the issue down the middle. The same thing happens to conservatives all the time--one value (e.g. a right to privacy) clashes with another (e.g. a desire to prevent abortion or gay sex).

There's always a weighing of one value against another in life.

I have brown skin, and now live in a town (adjacent to Cambridge, where I work) that is 97% white. Since 9/11 I've been stopped 6 times by the police, for no particular reason. I'm not sure if this is good or necessary for my safety.

On the other hand, I have chosen to stop boating on Boston's Inner Harbor, because, being deaf, I don't hear the gunboats when they come up behind me and start barking questions at me. In this case, I think it's fair that they check on me--there are so many potential targets in the Inner Harbor. So I make their life easier by going nowhere near the airport, LPG terminal, oil storage areas, or the U.S.S. Consitution.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
liberals are in a bind when it comes to racial profiling. It's a case where one value (safety) clashes against another (racial equality), and there's no comfortable way to slice the issue down the middle. The same thing happens to conservatives all the time--one value (e.g. a right to privacy) clashes with another (e.g. a desire to prevent abortion or gay sex).

There's always a weighing of one value against another in life.

I have brown skin, and now live in a town (adjacent to Cambridge, where I work) that is 97% white. Since 9/11 I've been stopped 6 times by the police, for no particular reason. I'm not sure if this is good or necessary for my safety.

On the other hand, I have chosen to stop boating on Boston's Inner Harbor, because, being deaf, I don't hear the gunboats when they come up behind me and start barking questions at me. In this case, I think it's fair that they check on me--there are so many potential targets in the Inner Harbor. So I make their life easier by going nowhere near the airport, LPG terminal, oil storage areas, or the U.S.S. Consitution.

Mariner.

I didn't know you were deaf Mariner. My first girlfriend was deaf, and I learned ASL in order to communicate better with her. For a while I was a translator at the Church that I grew up in.

Hey, that's cool. I became deaf slowly through childhood and into medical school and residency. I was lucky to get through, since the ADA didn't exist yet. After residency, I specialized in working with Deaf people, and now work in two clinics and a school that serve Deaf children. ASL is a gorgeous language that has certainly saved my life, and the Deaf Community is an amazing phenomenon. I feel very lucky to have become deaf, so that I could discover these things.

Sorry to be responding so late to your comment--I was out of town.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
Hey, that's cool. I became deaf slowly through childhood and into medical school and residency. I was lucky to get through, since the ADA didn't exist yet. After residency, I specialized in working with Deaf people, and now work in two clinics and a school that serve Deaf children. ASL is a gorgeous language that has certainly saved my life, and the Deaf Community is an amazing phenomenon. I feel very lucky to have become deaf, so that I could discover these things.

Sorry to be responding so late to your comment--I was out of town.

Mariner.

No Problem. I love learning languages, this is what started me along that path. It is fabulous and fun to speak in ASL, the facial expressions alone make it worth it!

rtwngAvngr said:

Because Libs say that seperating out Muslims for attention is a racist policy. Now that's funny!

Muslims = little brown people? Libs?

Forum List

Back