Another killer cop walks!

A jury has aquitted police officer, Betty Shelby, of first degree manslaghter in the cold blooded murder of Terence Crutcher.
Crutcher, a large Black man, was executed by Shelby after she and several other officers approached him as he stood in a roadway near his disabled vehicle with his hands raised. It is still unclear as to why deadly force was used on a stranded motorist not suspected of committing a crime.

Nevertheless, Crutcher is alleged to have refused to obey orders although he compiled with orders to put his hands on his head. His death sentence was carried out when he decided to walk away from the officers towards his car, a logical choice for someone wanting to retrieve identification.

One officer used a tazer but seconds later
Shelby acted to terminate Crutcher by firing her service weapon.

Subsequently, based on video evidence, a prosecutor decided that was enough evidence to indict Shelby for manslaughter. The charge ought to have been murder but prosecutorial deference to police misconduct generally always means a lesser charge if any at all.

Still, the prosecutor is to be commended for at least giving Crutcher's family their day in criminal court.

The jury consisted of 8 females and 4 men..three were African American.
Under the color of justice, the skill of a union paid defense team and the devalued life of another black man in
a hostile system made the outcome all too predictable. Somehow, what we saw for ourselves on the incriminating video
was revised in a courtroom
setting in favor of a killer produced by the same system.
Ok...i know...the majority here will be apologists for the killer cop. That's just the way you roll. All the irrelevant after the fact revelations will be bandied about to dehumanize the victim.
You sound like you were an eye witness. Why didn't you testify?
I am testifying.
Looks like your testimony isn't credible.
Looks can be deceiving.

The negro was asking for it

He was searching for his identification.

I'm recalling Brooklyn, New York, of the fifties, and I'm talking about the Brooklyn Waterfront where I was born and raised, which was one bad-ass neighborhood.

Back then the cops walked "beats." They carried nightsticks and .38 revolvers. They didn't have radios back then and there was one police car to every sector, which included an area consisting of several foot patrols ("beats").

Back then a cop was not allowed to draw his revolver unless he was threatened with deadly force -- and the threat had to be actual, not presumptive. In other words, to shoot someone because, "I thought he was reaching for a weapon," was not acceptable. Back then, if a cop shot someone there had to be a damn good and provable reason for it.

But as bad-ass as that neighborhood was (see the movie, On The Waterfront) the cops rarely ever shot anyone -- and when they did there always was a good reason.

Different world today.

New Topics

Forum List

Back