Another Kerry/UN Gotcha-NOT!

A

archangel

:bs1:

Let's see now 380 tons of high explosive munitions missing on GW Bushes watch according to Lt.Kerry and the United Nations-courtesy of NY Times in cahoot's with CBS et al. Just another false and misleading story that Lt.Kerry
is infamous for.The munitions were missing before our troops arrived in Baghdad
in April of 2003!Who can we blame-Not GW maybe the United Nations-it was on their watch.Then again Military intelligence suspectcs the munitions were taken to Syria prior to the arrival of coalition forces-Now who are we to believe-certainly not Lt.Kerry et al-Proven liars-I'll go with the Military assessment-What say you? :bye1:

archangel said:
:bs1:

Let's see now 380 tons of high explosive munitions missing on GW Bushes watch according to Lt.Kerry and the United Nations-courtesy of NY Times in cahoot's with NBC et al. Just another false and misleading story that Lt.Kerry
is infamous for.The munitions were missing before our troops arrived in Baghdad
in April of 2003!Who can we blame-Not GW maybe the United Nations-it was on their watch.Then again Military intelligence suspectcs the munitions were taken to Syria prior to the arrival of coalition forces-Now who are we to believe-certainly not Lt.Kerry et al-Proven liars-I'll go with the Military assessment-What say you? :bye1:
It was NY Times and CBS who worked together to break the story. NBC was the one who corrected the story, saying that the weapon missing days, even before we invaded.

Rush earlier asked the question, and I agree. If these weapons were taken prior to our invasion, then what about WMD that could have been taken before our invasion.

I hope this all comes back to hurt Kerry as the news continues to break that this is once again, another false story by CBS and now the NY Times. A misleading story atleast.

Apparently CBS and the NY Times were not going to release this story until election eve, but decided to to so now. It is proof of the liberal agenda of the media, especially CBS and NY Times and how they want to sway the election.

:moon4:
ChrisH said:
It was NY Times and CBS who worked together to break the story. NBC was the one who corrected the story, saying that the weapon missing days, even before we invaded.

Rush earlier asked the question, and I agree. If these weapons were taken prior to our invasion, then what about WMD that could have been taken before our invasion.

I hope this all comes back to hurt Kerry as the news continues to break that this is once again, another false story by CBS and now the NY Times. A misleading story atleast.

Apparently CBS and the NY Times were not going to release this story until election eve, but decided to to so now. It is proof of the liberal agenda of the media, especially CBS and NY Times and how they want to sway the election.

You are correct-I stand corrected on NBC-Thanks typo error! :usa:

CBS not NBC
ChrisH said:

I agree and did correct my error-thanks-also I'm amazed this has not garnered the attention of the masses in this chat room! :sleep: :banana2:

ChrisH said:

I'd like to see it documented that CBS and the New York Times agreed together to release this story on election eve. :link:

nakedemperor said:
I'd like to see it documented that CBS and the New York Times agreed together to release this story on election eve. :link:
NE, It's on Drudge and many many blogs

search keywords - 60 minutes, election eve

Why didn’t they hit this facility with an air strike?
All these missing explosives are what the Tangos are now using to make the IED’s and car bombs, IAED.

Since daddy’s silver spooned can’t cut it in Nam, party boy is getting my vote, I will at least make him pay for it in bashings.

White knight said:
All these missing explosives are what the Tangos are now using to make the IED’s and car bombs, IAED.
It's my understanding that the material was in a powdered form which required further processing in ord to become an explosive - unless you beleive that Zarqwai had set up a big lab and processed 380 tons of the stuff. :flameth:

It was High Explosives, RDX, PETTNE, stuff like C-4, You only need a primer to set it off. some of the best toys money and science can provide.
:blowup:

:huh:
White knight said:
All these missing explosives are what the Tangos are now using to make the IED’s and car bombs, IAED. :bs1:

Since daddy’s silver spooned can’t cut it in Nam, party boy is getting my vote, I will at least make him pay for it in bashings.

For your info Russia's Special Forces removed the High Explosives prior to our troops arrival in Baghdad April 2003.They were removed between March and April-transported to Syria-Removed to avoid embarrassment for selling WMD's to Saddam as is the UN for stealing money in the food for oil program...Also Iraq is one giant munitions "facility" Our troops are doing the best they can to contain them-A really hard job for ANY military! :tank:

nakedemperor said:
I tried to PM you, but it said you were over your limit and it wouldn't allow me to send, so I'll respond here.

From what I understand, not from any link, but from Rush, A reporter from 60 Minutes on CBS and the NY Times worked together on the story of the missing weapons. Apparently they were not going to actually release the story until election even or this weekend, prior to the election. They decided not to do this because they felt if they released it that close to the election that it would not "hold". By hold this means that either it would not be believed, having been released prior to the election, or that it would not have enough time to become an issue. Thus, they released the story earlier this week.

If you want to "see" actual proof, then the only thing I can think of is getting a transcript of Rush's show the day after the story was released. Otherwise it was not an internet link.
I think the above is probably true, seeing as how the story has been proven a misleading story, in that this actually happened days before we invaded Iraq, yet they report it as though it happened just a few days ago. I can see how they may have been wanting to wait to release it closer to the election day, but saw it better to release earlier.

NE.

http://www.drudgereport.com/nbcw6.htm

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20041026.asp#1
CBS's 60 Minutes had been working on the story which CBS intended to air as a last-minute hit on Bush two days before the election. Elizabeth Jensen reported in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times: "Jeff Fager, executive producer of the Sunday edition of 60 Minutes, said in a statement that 'our plan was to run the story on [Oct.] 31, but it became clear that it wouldn't hold, so the decision was made for the Times to run it.'" For the October 26 LA Times article in full, with the bracket in the original:

www.latimes.com

nakedemperor said:

http://www.drudgereport.com/nbcw6.htm
http://instapundit.com/archives/018663.php

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE OCT 26 2004 11:02:38 ET XXXXX

In 1992 it was the Iran Contra charges brought days before the election... In 2000 it was the DUI charges a few days before the vote... And Now...

60 MINS PLANNED BUSH MISSING EXPLOSIVES STORY FOR ELECTION EVE

News of missing explosives in Iraq -- first reported in April 2003 -- was being resurrected for a 60 MINUTES election eve broadcast designed to knock the Bush administration into a crisis mode.

Jeff Fager, executive producer of the Sunday edition of 60 MINUTES, said in a statement that "our plan was to run the story on October 31, but it became clear that it wouldn't hold..."

Elizabeth Jensen at the LOS ANGELES TIMES details on Tuesday how CBS NEWS and 60 MINUTES lost the story [which repackaged previously reported information on a large cache of explosives missing in Iraq, first published and broadcast in 2003].

The story instead debuted in the NYT. The paper slugged the story about missing explosives from April 2003 as "exclusive."

An NBCNEWS crew embedded with troops moved in to secure the Al-Qaqaa weapons facility on April 10, 2003, one day after the liberation of Iraq.

According to NBCNEWS, the explosives were already missing when the American troops arrived. [VIDEO CLIP]

It is not clear who exactly shopped an election eve repackaging of the missing explosives story.

The LA TIMES claims: The source on the story first went to 60 MINUTES but also expressed interest in working with the NY TIMES... "The tip was received last Wednesday."

CBSNEWS' plan to unleash the story just 24 hours before election day had one senior Bush official outraged.

"Darn, I wanted to see the forged documents to show how this was somehow covered up," the Bush source, who asked not to be named, mocked, recalling last months CBS airing of fraudulent Bush national guard letters.

go back and read the second debate transcripts where kerry refers to a large military facility with lots of weapons being left unguarded and then tell me he didn't know this story would be released

the ny times blew it 60 minutes was suposed to feature it sunday night the 31st

manu1959 said:
go back and read the second debate transcripts where kerry refers to a large military facility with lots of weapons being left unguarded and then tell me he didn't know this story would be released

If this does not make it clear to everyone, including liberals, the type of game Kerry is playing here to get elected, which the media has joined him in, then they must be blind.

ChrisH said:
If this does not make it clear to everyone, including liberals, the type of game Kerry is playing here to get elected, which the media has joined him in, then they must be blind.

:clap: :clap:

Both sides are getting dirty huh?

Karl Rove started this slippery slope of strategy, I will explain how latter if anyone cares to hear it.
Remember good television like “Leave it to Beaver”? Now we have funny wacked television like “Viva La Bam”
This country is losing it marbles, I mean morals.

Maybe in four more years we will be ready to see Janet Jacksons, milk Jugs.

manu1959 said:

Not just that. This story comes out on the front page of the NYT on Monday. On Tuesday John Kerry already has television ads running talking about it. There's no doubt in my mind he was told this story was coming out, in fact he may very well have wrote the damn thing.

Forum List

Back