Another kassam rocket fired at Israel today

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Kassam rocket fired from Gaza strikes Eshkol region | Israel | Jerusalem Post

Haim Yalin, head of the Eshkol Regional Council, told The Jerusalem Post that the rocket represented a moment of truth for the government, and called for a firm response to avert the next war.

"During Operation Cast Lead, I and other local authority heads sat with Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and told them: 'It does not matter at what stage the military operation ends, what matters is what Israel does after the first rocket is fired,'" Yalin said.

"We have now reached that stage. If the government fails to respond, and says the rocket was fired by a marginal group, we will be faced with another war soon. If we respond as we should, then we can hopefully spare ourselves another war," he added.

"Israel must not show restraint. We have known this situation for too many years. It is like a child in a kindergarten testing his limits," Yalin said.

Haim Yalin, head of the Eshkol Regional Council, told The Jerusalem Post that the rocket represented a moment of truth for the government, and called for a firm response to avert the next war.

"During Operation Cast Lead, I and other local authority heads sat with Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and told them: 'It does not matter at what stage the military operation ends, what matters is what Israel does after the first rocket is fired,'" Yalin said.

"We have now reached that stage. If the government fails to respond, and says the rocket was fired by a marginal group, we will be faced with another war soon. If we respond as we should, then we can hopefully spare ourselves another war," he added.

"Israel must not show restraint. We have known this situation for too many years. It is like a child in a kindergarten testing his limits," Yalin said.

Are all the Israeli politicians campaigning now ?

Well, looks like the zionist massacre of arabs worked after all! Hey, I bet that one rocket is worth, what... at LEAST 78 toddler lives? Indeed, LOOKS LIKE THE ZIONISTS JUST NEED A FINAL SOLUTION, EH?

:rofl:

Are all the Israeli politicians campaigning now ?

Yep, the campaign just started in earnest and to complicate matters further Mitchell is in town to talk about strengthening the cease fire. Some one should tell him that both Israel and Hamas have denied that there is a cease fire; both say there is just a lull in the fighting.

Well, looks like the zionist massacre of arabs worked after all! Hey, I bet that one rocket is worth, what... at LEAST 78 toddler lives? Indeed, LOOKS LIKE THE ZIONISTS JUST NEED A FINAL SOLUTION, EH?

Fairly obvious Hamas does not care about the loss of "toddlers lives" either. Worse yet it looks like they are willing to have more losses to prove what? Other than that they can still send shit over into Israel and Israel won't react?

yeah, here you are claiming to defend toddlers, yet odds are, the place this rocket came from was a daycare

Honestly what Israel needs to do is get in direct talks with Hamas! Yes yes they are a terrorist organization, but they are the ones the hold the strings in Palestine. Talking doesn't have to lead to giving in!

Last edited:

Honestly what Israel needs to do is get in direct talks with Hamas! Yes yes they are a terrorist organization, but they are the ones the hold the strings in Palestine. Talking doesn't have to leave in giving in!

Are you a fucking moron? Does America talk with Al Queda? Did we talk to Germany? Did we talk to Japan? NO! We fucking leveled them - THEN we talked to them! It's time to level Gaza. Not the pin prick we did earlier this year. I mean, make parts of Gaza parking lots for drive in theatres and import some hollywood babes on roller skates with '57 cheveys and start playing some Godzilla movies at the place.

Honestly what Israel needs to do is get in direct talks with Hamas! Yes yes they are a terrorist organization, but they are the ones the hold the strings in Palestine. Talking doesn't have to leave in giving in!
Effort counts. At least if Israel is putting forth the effort no one can come back later and bite them for not trying.

Are you a fucking moron?
I like to think of myself as intellectually challenged! :cool:

Does America talk with Al Queda?
True, and that is a great point. But then again Al Qaeda is not a political entity within the current borders of US. As Hamas, like it or not, has become a political entity in the current borders of Israel, which right now includes Gaza! I hate Hamas and I think talks could be futile and I applaud last Gaza Operation. But I fear the de facto 1 state solution. Right now the 2 state solution is becoming less and less of a possibility and Israel is not going to be able to expel 2.4 million Pals in WB, 1.5 mil Pal in Gaza and 1.1 mil Pals in Israel. That makes 5 mil Pal to 6 mil Jews and that isn't even including the 3 mil so called Palestinian refugees in the Arab countries! Now those 5 mil Pals reproduce like rabbits! Now Israel wouldn't be able to keep its Western style, industrial democracy if the de facto 1 state solution becomes official!

Did we talk to Germany? Did we talk to Japan? NO! We fucking leveled them - THEN we talked to them!
Exactly we talked to them, but they still had a large and capable population. After WWII was officially over there were many hidden Nazi that took to guerrilla tactics! This situation is different. After we LEVELED Japan and Germany we were able to ship out (well most of us) and go home. Israel can level Hamas and the PLO terrorist, but the problems still remain!

It's time to level Gaza. Not the pin prick we did earlier this year. I mean, make parts of Gaza parking lots for drive in theatres and import some hollywood babes on roller skates with '57 cheveys and start playing some Godzilla movies at the place.
1,200 Pals died (well its probably closer to 600) and the world cried foul. How do you kill 1.5 mil! First, like it or not, Israel needs partners and they have Europe, despite the Eurotrash Arab minorities outcries and its the US and Canada, but things would change if Israel tried to take out the whole Gaza or WB population.

David you have to be a little realistic now!

Honestly what Israel needs to do is get in direct talks with Hamas! Yes yes they are a terrorist organization, but they are the ones the hold the strings in Palestine. Talking doesn't have to lead to giving in!

What would you say to them? Hamas is doctrinally committed to the destruction of Israel and believes it has been ordered by Allah to do so. What could Israel say to them to get them to defy the will of Allah?

Last edited:

What would you say to them? Hamas is doctrinally committed to the destruction of Israel and believes it has been ordered by Allah to do so. What could Israel say to them to get them to defy the will of Allah?
Choose life.

I don't understand how people don't understand that one point? Perhaps, they are not aware of it or choose to ignore it? Either way Hamas will only have peace when Israel is destroyed.

Choose life.

That might convince me, but I doubt that would convince the Hamas leadership to give up the martyrdom route to paradise. Have you read the Hamas Covenant? These guys don't think the way we do.

The Avalon Project : Hamas Covenant 1988

I don't understand how people don't understand that one point? Perhaps, they are not aware of it or choose to ignore it? Either way Hamas will only have peace when Israel is destroyed.
You would be in error to think people do not understand that. There are still people in Gaza that do not agree with Hamas. Would you destroy those who wish for peace with those who are intent on destruction? Or would you at the very least attempt to ask for a reasonable solution?

You would be in error to think people do not understand that. There are still people in Gaza that do not agree with Hamas. Would you destroy those who wish for peace with those who are intent on destruction? Or would you at the very least attempt to ask for a reasonable solution?

I'm not sure how you would go about talking to the people of Gaza unless Hamas wanted you to, and I don't think that's going to happen. I do agree with you that aside from Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc. there are probably lots of Palestinians who would be willing to negotiate peace with Israel, but how would you get to talk to them unless you destroyed Hamas and the other terrorist groups first, and how are you going to do that without causing a lot of civilian deaths?

A recent poll showed 55% of Israelis favor a negotiated settlement with the Palestinians and only 18% opposed it, but who do you negotiate with? Hamas has rejected any negotiated settlement with Israel and the PA is too impotent to be able to promise anything.

Actually, no I don't think I would be in error. Maybe within the walls of this board but I am not so sure in the general public.

No I do not wish for this and yes a reasonable solution is desirable. It is easy for me to say this from here. If faced with proposition of not only my own death but the extinction of everything I hold dear, I am not sure I could find solitude with my principles.

How can Hamas talk with a representative of something (Israel) that it doesn't even believe to exist?

And how will talking with people that abuse the palestinian population (Hamas) for their own goals help palestinians? :cuckoo:

Hamas is not acknowledged by any decent government and never will be, so talking to a government (Hamas) that you do not acknowledge is really stupid.

Last edited:
A recent poll showed 55% of Israelis favor a negotiated settlement with the Palestinians and only 18% opposed it, but who do you negotiate with?

BY ALL MEANS, post your source. Hell, israel hasn't been able to (or WILLING to, more likely) keep jewish squatters from taking as much arab land as they want. All of a sudden israel is ALL FOR negotiating? bullshit.

December 2008 - barely 2 fucking months ago. And you people want to pretend that arabs are the fucking root of all evil...
Jewish settlers in Hebron shoot Palestinian men
Jewish settlers in Hebron shoot Palestinian men | World news | guardian.co.uk

Forum List

Back