Another Jackass Congressman

I agree...

But this line....

"This job don't mean that much to me. I had a good life in Panama City."

.....is not someone acknowledging how hard and frustrating a job is.

It is someone saying he doesnt care much for the job.

I served six years in city government. I understand exactly what he is saying. It would be more worrying to me, if he placed the job above his family.

If you said to your boss "this job does not mean that much to me", you would likely be out of a job by the end of the day.

dramaliberalqueen

U.S. Rep. Steve Southerland told retirees Wednesday that serving in Congress is a great honor and privilege, but not cushy job with lavish insurance and pension benefits that many disgruntled taxpayers seem to think it is.

He said his $174,000 salary is not so much, considering the hours a member of the House puts in, and that he had to sever ties with his family business in Panama City. Southerland also said there are no instant pensions or free health insurance, as some of his constituents often ask him about in Congress.

"And by the way, did I mention? They're shooting at us. There is law-enforcement security in this room right now, and why is that?" Southerland told about 125 people in an auditorium at the Westminster Oaks retirement community. "If you think this job pays too much, with those kinds of risks and cutting me off from my family business, I'll just tell you: This job don't mean that much to me. I had a good life in Panama City."
Link

If the job doesn't mean that much to you take a walk, dude.

Yea, I've never grumbled about my job, and I'm sure you haven't either.

:eusa_hand:

U.S. Rep. Steve Southerland told retirees Wednesday that serving in Congress is a great honor and privilege, but not cushy job with lavish insurance and pension benefits that many disgruntled taxpayers seem to think it is.

He said his $174,000 salary is not so much, considering the hours a member of the House puts in, and that he had to sever ties with his family business in Panama City. Southerland also said there are no instant pensions or free health insurance, as some of his constituents often ask him about in Congress.

"And by the way, did I mention? They're shooting at us. There is law-enforcement security in this room right now, and why is that?" Southerland told about 125 people in an auditorium at the Westminster Oaks retirement community. "If you think this job pays too much, with those kinds of risks and cutting me off from my family business, I'll just tell you: This job don't mean that much to me. I had a good life in Panama City."
Link

If the job doesn't mean that much to you take a walk, dude.

Yea, I've never grumbled about my job, and I'm sure you haven't either.

:eusa_hand:

I would never grumble to my boss and as a manager, I wouldn't want person grumbling to me about their job, to be on my team.

Last edited:
I agree...

But this line....

"This job don't mean that much to me. I had a good life in Panama City."

.....is not someone acknowledging how hard and frustrating a job is.

It is someone saying he doesnt care much for the job.

I served six years in city government. I understand exactly what he is saying. It would be more worrying to me, if he placed the job above his family.

If you said to your boss "this job does not mean that much to me", you would likely be out of a job by the end of the day.

:lol:

First, he would know that it wasn't true.

Second, I've been rehired here six times. Both of us are tired of the paperwork.

Forum List

Back