Another Jackass Congressman

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
U.S. Rep. Steve Southerland told retirees Wednesday that serving in Congress is a great honor and privilege, but not cushy job with lavish insurance and pension benefits that many disgruntled taxpayers seem to think it is.

He said his $174,000 salary is not so much, considering the hours a member of the House puts in, and that he had to sever ties with his family business in Panama City. Southerland also said there are no instant pensions or free health insurance, as some of his constituents often ask him about in Congress.

"And by the way, did I mention? They're shooting at us. There is law-enforcement security in this room right now, and why is that?" Southerland told about 125 people in an auditorium at the Westminster Oaks retirement community. "If you think this job pays too much, with those kinds of risks and cutting me off from my family business, I'll just tell you: This job don't mean that much to me. I had a good life in Panama City."

Link

If the job doesn't mean that much to you take a walk, dude.

The man makes it clear that he has regrets about taking the position. He should resign immediately.

I dont necessarily agree with the ideology of most democratic politicians...but I gotta admit...I am completely fed up with the way the GOP are handling themselves lately.

U.S. Rep. Steve Southerland told retirees Wednesday that serving in Congress is a great honor and privilege, but not cushy job with lavish insurance and pension benefits that many disgruntled taxpayers seem to think it is.

He said his $174,000 salary is not so much, considering the hours a member of the House puts in, and that he had to sever ties with his family business in Panama City. Southerland also said there are no instant pensions or free health insurance, as some of his constituents often ask him about in Congress.

"And by the way, did I mention? They're shooting at us. There is law-enforcement security in this room right now, and why is that?" Southerland told about 125 people in an auditorium at the Westminster Oaks retirement community. "If you think this job pays too much, with those kinds of risks and cutting me off from my family business, I'll just tell you: This job don't mean that much to me. I had a good life in Panama City."

Link

If the job doesn't mean that much to you take a walk, dude.

I thought you were just being over dramatic until I read the bolded text.

The man makes it clear that he has regrets about taking the position. He should resign immediately.

He doesn't sound like he's looking to get reelected.

Sadly, if the lazy bum ran again, he would have a 90% cahnce of getting re-elected.
And yes...he is an example of a lazy bum to me...one who has the job he wanted but complains about the work he has to do.

Yeah, it's rare for someone to be so straight forward about their own douchebaggery.

You, apparently have it mastered though. Kudos!

This guy is saying he's risking his life and underpaid while we have men and women REALLY risking their lives overseas and making peanuts.

I don't hold a candle to him.

funny! when Gabby Giffords was shot you people were all about providing congress people with security. now? not so much. what's changed? the (D) is an (R)

You, apparently have it mastered though. Kudos!

This guy is saying he's risking his life and underpaid while we have men and women REALLY risking their lives overseas and making peanuts.

I don't hold a candle to him.

funny! when Gabby Giffords was shot you people were all about providing congress people with security. now? not so much. what's changed? the (D) is an (R)

You can go ahead and link a post of mine where I am "all about providing congress people with security."

Then you can sit.

Maybe I will give you a cookie.

You know what? Don't answer.

You're a total waste of keystrokes.

Forum List

Back