Another interesting health care poll

Funny how you guys failed to lie enough about the contents to defeat it.

:clap2:

Now that people are beginning to understand what this change really means, this bill will become wildly popular like Medicare and Social Security.

It must be tough for the Republicans to always be on the wrong side of history.

you are always on the wrong end of the DICK....why is that?....

That remains to be seen.

It will take till 2014 and 2018 to really see what kind of a hole this huge new entitlement will make.

The Govt has a big track record of underestimating cost on anything it does. Nothing it has its hand in is well run either.

We shall indeed see who is in the right and who was wrong in supporting this bs bill.

Wonder just who is on the wrong side of history???

well if this thing tanks....you will never see Chris again....so it doesnt matter....

independent independents are independent of other independents.

Attempt to be clever? Independents are united in their distrust of either party. More so the one that is in power at the moment.
distrust isnt the only qualifier. there's policy, too. many independents are essentially republican, except more socially liberal, or not into the hillbilly racist scene, or arent into sara palin, for example.

independents, by definition, arent herded into your generalizations quite so easily.

They were against the health care reform bill in large numbers. You better figure out some generalizations about them if you hope to get them on your side of the ballot.

The latest on Obamacare voting.....
Tom Coburn (R., Okla.) offered language to bar the government from subsidizing erectile dysfunction drugs for convicted pedophiles and rapists. Democrats voted . . . No! Orrin Hatch (R., Utah) proposed exempting wounded soldiers from the new tax on medical devices. Democrats: No way! Pat Roberts (R., Kan.) wanted to exempt critical access rural hospitals from funding cuts. Senate Democrats: Forget it! This was Republicans' opportunity to lay out every ugly provision and consequence of ObamaCare, and Democrats—because of the process they'd chosen—had to defend it all.

And so it went, into the wee Thursday hours. All Democrats in favor of taxing pacemakers? Aye! All Democrats in favor of keeping those seedy vote buyoffs? Aye! All Democrats in favor of raising taxes on middle-income families? Aye! All Democrats in favor of exempting themselves from elements of ObamaCare? Aye! All Democrats in favor of roasting small children in Aga ovens? (Okay, I made that one up, but you get the point.) Aye!

Attempt to be clever? Independents are united in their distrust of either party. More so the one that is in power at the moment.
distrust isnt the only qualifier. there's policy, too. many independents are essentially republican, except more socially liberal, or not into the hillbilly racist scene, or arent into sara palin, for example.

independents, by definition, arent herded into your generalizations quite so easily.

They were against the health care reform bill in large numbers. You better figure out some generalizations about them if you hope to get them on your side of the ballot.

im an independent voter, genius. you... are not.

You have been wrong all day. Hope you didn't make any big financial decisions today. I voted Barr last election. Was considering Clinton until that choice was scrapped.

You have been wrong all day. Hope you didn't make any big financial decisions today. I voted Barr last election. Was considering Clinton until that choice was scrapped.
you're right man. i really dont know you. in some ways, that underscores my point that your stance cant be canned with mine.

there are degrees which consensus to dissent over an issue like the bill in a right/left polarity disqualifies de facto independence for me. tpartiers, for example, i dont regard as an independent contingent, but a breakaway right wing movement. theyre independent of a party affiliation, but for all intents and purposes, not independent, not listening to views from both sides to determine their choice, but rather pre-caucused into a specific opinion... a flock.

the concern that ive got is that your conjecture that independents stand thusly or otherwise on an issue doesnt square with my classification of independent. where, for the purposes of a poll, tbags claim indy, they skew outcomes which dont reflect independently derived opinions as i define them. these groups are affiliated, not independent at all.

I think affliation is a good term here antagon. The McCain/Palin rally today seems to echo how close the Tea Party group is to Palin who in turn is supporting McCain. Now I suspect that several Independents will be choosen over Republicans in other races, but Independence would seem to be not quite the right term.

and the next poll will say the American people are for Amnesty!!!! This poll is full of as much shit as the Obama Administration!!!!

I think affliation is a good term here antagon. The McCain/Palin rally today seems to echo how close the Tea Party group is to Palin who in turn is supporting McCain. Now I suspect that several Independents will be choosen over Republicans in other races, but Independence would seem to be not quite the right term.

im independent because, as i left highschool, i realized that you only really need party affiliation if you are running for a national office. otherwise, you are subjecting yourself to being taken for granted, and to only hearing one side of the argument.

i could see how thats molded the talkingpointers here on USMB.

while i am not uncertain on most issues per sa, i like that i cant be trusted to vote for the same party in locals, legislatives, gubs and potus bids. each candidate has to stike a note with where i stand. i could see how it can be a choice from distrust. for me it is for respect (even if only i could perceive it).

WASHINGTON — Americans by 9 percentage points have a favorable view of the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, a notable turnaround from surveys before the vote that showed a plurality against it.
By 49%-40% those surveyed say it was "a good thing" rather than a bad one that Congress passed the bill. Half describe their reaction in positive terms, as "enthusiastic" or "pleased," while about four in 10 describe it in negative ways, as "disappointed" or "angry."
Opinions turn favorable on health care plan - USATODAY.com

Sorry...nothing has changed....read the questions very carefully....they can be skewed to get the answers they want.....The Nation doesn't flip around a couple days after a flawed Bill is signed into law.

Forum List

Back