Another intelligent life in the universe, how do you imagine it?

I have yet to see any credible "sightings" of UFOs. Most of them are reported by some ignorant hick in Arkansas.

Velocities slightly below the speed of light don't violate any of the known laws of physics. Warp factor 10 does. If intelligent life exists elsewhere in the galaxy, then there should be numerous civilizations that are hundreds of thousands or even millions of years old. That's plenty of time for them to spread throughout the entire galaxy, and evidence of them would be unavoidable. Yet, so far, we see nothing. No radio transmissions. No visits. No nothing.

I think you should do some research, there are reports of sightings by airline pilots, military personnel, law enforcement, and a whole lot of other people that are far from "ignorant hicks from Arkansas". There IS evidence, and while one should not accept reports such as these as fact, even those of some of the most reputable people on the planet, neither should we dismiss them as nonsense either. And our known laws of physics may not necessarily be the end-all, be-all of the laws of physics.

Should we see evidence beyond those reports of intelligent life elsewhere? Seems to me that is a bit arrogant on our part, if a species is advanced enough to get here then it is also possible they are advanced enough to avoid being detected by our relatively unsophisticated equipment. Perhaps our detection devices are still a little bit too primitive.
You sound like one of those dumb hicks from Arkansas. No reputable scientist has ever confirmed contact with aliens or sightings of aliens. Blurry photos of objects far off in the distance are not evidence of aliens.

No, but thousands or reported sightings of UFOs and underwater UFOs ARE evidence, many of which are NOT hicks from Arkansas. And the fact that no reputable scientist has confirmed contact with or sightings of ET aliens does not negate the sightings of other reputable people who have.
No, testimonial evidence is not scientific evidence. It proves nothing. You can get thousands of people to confirm that Laetrile cures cancer.

Testimonial evidence is not scientific as you say, but it is still evidence. We convict people in a court of law based in part on testimonial evidence, so it counts for something. Especially when it comes from US astronauts and military and civilian pilots and law enforcement personnel. These are people with something to lose, the threat to their credibility is not to be casually ignored.
If it isn't science, then its irrelevant. If you want to make a TV program about UFOs, it might be relevant, but it isn't science.

Given the numbers involved it would be idiotic to think we are the only so called intelligent life if you want to call us intelligent. I often think we not so very smart. Hell just look at all the democrats out there and they aren't intelligent at all. How smart is it to shoot you own foot off all the time?
Please don't bring that kind of politics into the science and technology forum.

Truth hurts.

Given the numbers involved it would be idiotic to think we are the only so called intelligent life if you want to call us intelligent. I often think we not so very smart. Hell just look at all the democrats out there and they aren't intelligent at all. How smart is it to shoot you own foot off all the time?
Then why don't we see any evidence of intelligent life?
What evidence would intelligent life in another galaxy see of us? None....
We should see evidence of intelligent life in this galaxy.
Why? What evidence would intelligent life 40,000 light years away see of us? None.
If there is life on other planets, then there should be thousands of intelligent species in this galaxy, and it would be surprising if one of them hasn't spread throughout the entire galaxy. Humans have had advanced technology for only a couple hundred years, but the odds are that if there are intelligent species, then some of them have been technological for thousands or even millions of years. A species that could travel at near the speed of light could spread throughout the entire galaxy within 100,000 years.
Humans have had advanced tech for only about 60 years.

Alien is the perfect example of an outer space alien. All Alien wanted to do is lay eggs to create more aliens.

You did say "intelligent life". But I don't think there really is a planet with no liberals......

Geology shows that scum is usually the first thing to develop.

RNA came before DNA and rock scum had nothing to do with it. edit: For shits and giggles I pointed the tracking radar with a .9 pencil beam at 30kw at the constellation Scorpio, I will be long and dead gone before they get here. My birthday is October 25 so I am Scorpio.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back