Another intelligent life in the universe, how do you imagine it?

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Everything about the universe has interested me since my early childhood, so I tell myself that there is surely another form of intelligent life in the immensity of the universe, we are certainly not the only ones, but what appearance? we are used to seeing the alien and their appearance, but would it not have any other shape?

3806.jpg

What do you think ?

What do you think ?
I think we'd see very different things depending on whether we visited them or they visited us. If the former, we have to remember that for most of Earths history life was pretty simple so odds are against stumbling on intelligent life. If the latter, I think they'd be adapted to space travel (assuming there is no such thing as faster-than-light travel). I'd guess physically they'd be artificial and very, very small. They could be built on the scale of atoms or even smaller and already be living here undetected.

Given the numbers involved it would be idiotic to think we are the only so called intelligent life if you want to call us intelligent. I often think we not so very smart. Hell just look at all the democrats out there and they aren't intelligent at all. How smart is it to shoot you own foot off all the time?

Given the numbers involved it would be idiotic to think we are the only so called intelligent life if you want to call us intelligent. I often think we not so very smart. Hell just look at all the democrats out there and they aren't intelligent at all. How smart is it to shoot you own foot off all the time?
Please don't bring that kind of politics into the science and technology forum.

Everything about the universe has interested me since my early childhood, so I tell myself that there is surely another form of intelligent life in the immensity of the universe, we are certainly not the only ones, but what appearance? we are used to seeing the alien and their appearance, but would it not have any other shape?

Carl Sagan and his series Cosmos covered what he thought life on other planets might be. Sort of imaginative but who knows. We keep thinking of green bipeds with big heads and two antennae.

I think any planet that is not so cold that most chemical reactions can't happen, and not so hot that everything keeps breaking apart might support life. It would need a variety of abundant chemicals so that complex systems can form, not necessarily carbon based. Actual intelligence and self awareness may be quite rare. There are definitions that philosophers think are the minimal criteria for life. It is interesting to think about what a simple life form might be like.

I still say we're living in a simulation -- a video game. The universe is big only because this is our universe. We are alone except God and His world who occasionally enters our universe.

There is nobody out there and we could never know anyway because of the physical laws that govern this video game world we exist in.

Life on earth has come about because of a number of events that have come together, and the universe that was born 13.7 billion years ago probably has some intelligent life somewhere in the universe that would be there before us humans.

We’ ve been overlooked by advanced ET civilizations- Stephen Hawking.

We’ ve been overlooked by advanced ET civilizations- Stephen Hawking | wordlessTech

A form of life that could live on a planet with a cold climate

hawking's .jpg

Then why don't we see any evidence of intelligent life?

What evidence would intelligent life in another galaxy see of us? None....

We should see evidence of intelligent life in this galaxy.

Why? What evidence would intelligent life 40,000 light years away see of us? None.

Possibly because it's too far away. First of all, intelligent life doesn't mean they have space travel, or the ability to send some kind of communication transmission that we can pick up. Or maybe we just aren't smart enough yet to pick it up. Even if they do have space travel, maybe they are satisfied to stay within their own solar system. Or, they do have space travel and they've already been here before and will be here again, but for whatever reason have yet to make contact. Prime directive and all that, maybe. And finally, there are literally thousands of reports of sightings of UFOs and SFOs, too many to be ignored IMHO. Didn't our military recently admit there have been reports of UFOs that are at best unexplained?

Why? What evidence would intelligent life 40,000 light years away see of us? None.
If there is life on other planets, then there should be thousands of intelligent species in this galaxy, and it would be surprising if one of them hasn't spread throughout the entire galaxy. Humans have had advanced technology for only a couple hundred years, but the odds are that if there are intelligent species, then some of them have been technological for thousands or even millions of years. A species that could travel at near the speed of light could spread throughout the entire galaxy within 100,000 years.

Last edited:
If there is life on other planets, then there should be thousands of intelligent species in this galaxy, and it would be surprising if one of them hasn't spread throughout the entire galaxy. Humans have had advanced technology for only a couple hundred years, but the odds are that if there are intelligent species, then some of them have been technological for thousands or even millions of years. A species that could travel at near the speed of light could spread throughout the entire galaxy within 100,000 years.

Sure, maybe even faster than the speed of light (Warp Factor 10, Scotty! Aye, Cap'n!), who knows what is going to be possible even if it isn't now. Wormholes and such, right? My point is, we already have sightings of UFOs flying around Earth and some of them were submersible in our oceans. So that's evidence right there of intelligent ET life. The fact that we have not been contacted (or told of it) one way or another doesn't mean it ain't out there somewhere.

Sure, maybe even faster than the speed of light (Warp Factor 10, Scotty! Aye, Cap'n!), who knows what is going to be possible even if it isn't now. Wormholes and such, right? My point is, we already have sightings of UFOs flying around Earth and some of them were submersible in our oceans. So that's evidence right there of intelligent ET life. The fact that we have not been contacted (or told of it) one way or another doesn't mean it ain't out there somewhere.
I have yet to see any credible "sightings" of UFOs. Most of them are reported by some ignorant hick in Arkansas.

Velocities slightly below the speed of light don't violate any of the known laws of physics. Warp factor 10 does. If intelligent life exists elsewhere in the galaxy, then there should be numerous civilizations that are hundreds of thousands or even millions of years old. That's plenty of time for them to spread throughout the entire galaxy, and evidence of them would be unavoidable. Yet, so far, we see nothing. No radio transmissions. No visits. No nothing.

I have yet to see any credible "sightings" of UFOs. Most of them are reported by some ignorant hick in Arkansas.

Velocities slightly below the speed of light don't violate any of the known laws of physics. Warp factor 10 does. If intelligent life exists elsewhere in the galaxy, then there should be numerous civilizations that are hundreds of thousands or even millions of years old. That's plenty of time for them to spread throughout the entire galaxy, and evidence of them would be unavoidable. Yet, so far, we see nothing. No radio transmissions. No visits. No nothing.

I think you should do some research, there are reports of sightings by airline pilots, military personnel, law enforcement, and a whole lot of other people that are far from "ignorant hicks from Arkansas". There IS evidence, and while one should not accept reports such as these as fact, even those of some of the most reputable people on the planet, neither should we dismiss them as nonsense either. And our known laws of physics may not necessarily be the end-all, be-all of the laws of physics.

Should we see evidence beyond those reports of intelligent life elsewhere? Seems to me that is a bit arrogant on our part, if a species is advanced enough to get here then it is also possible they are advanced enough to avoid being detected by our relatively unsophisticated equipment. Perhaps our detection devices are still a little bit too primitive.

I think you should do some research, there are reports of sightings by airline pilots, military personnel, law enforcement, and a whole lot of other people that are far from "ignorant hicks from Arkansas". There IS evidence, and while one should not accept reports such as these as fact, even those of some of the most reputable people on the planet, neither should we dismiss them as nonsense either. And our known laws of physics may not necessarily be the end-all, be-all of the laws of physics.

Should we see evidence beyond those reports of intelligent life elsewhere? Seems to me that is a bit arrogant on our part, if a species is advanced enough to get here then it is also possible they are advanced enough to avoid being detected by our relatively unsophisticated equipment. Perhaps our detection devices are still a little bit too primitive.
You sound like one of those dumb hicks from Arkansas. No reputable scientist has ever confirmed contact with aliens or sightings of aliens. Blurry photos of objects far off in the distance are not evidence of aliens.

Forum List

Back