Another I Told You So Moment; Carbon Tax Coming

There's already a carbon tax in effect in the northeastern USA, RGGI.

It's been in effect for over 3 years.

Rates haven't gone up. Beyond a few percent, same as the rest of the country.

So can we now move on to the next totally-contradicted-by-the-real-world whiny wingnut crank fantasy?

That's interesting and I'd like to learn more.
Can you learn me with some references?

Thanking you in advance, I remain sincerely yours...

The Democrats couldn't even wait 24 hours before they proposed a new tax that effects everyone.

A new carbon tax.

Here's the good news. As long as you don't use fossil-fuels you can avoid the new tax. This means no gasoline, natural gas, coal, or ethanol.

So there's good news after all.
It is madness to propose an energy-cost increase at a time when unemployment and gasoline prices are high and family incomes are sagging. Unfortunately, economically destructive policy ideas are not a deterrent for the enemies of fossil fuels.

Rep. Jim McDermott, Washington Democrat, rose to national prominence during his controversial 2002 trip to Baghdad, where he claimed the Iraqi government was more trustworthy than his president. More recently, he stated he was “tired of reading the Constitution.” It appears he also is tired of reading complaints of rising fuel prices, as he has proposed a carbon tax that, according to some analysts, could add nearly $9,000 to a family’s energy costs in the next decade.

The Managed Carbon Price Act of 2012 would impose a carbon tax on fossil fuels essential for the pursuit of our individual and collective happiness and economic prosperity. The tax would rise exponentially in coming years, with no cap, in a specious attempt to “cover” the federal deficit.

Carbon-emission reduction is controlled by regulation and energy subsidies in the tax code. Costly mandates and voluntary private-sector action brought U.S. emissions to the lowest levels in 20 years, and they are still falling rapidlly.

TOLOCZKO: Proposed carbon taxes set t o spike energy costs - Washington Times
Wasn't your last I told you so moment the election? Oh wait. Nevermind.

Energy cost increase? So you know the details of this. The fine print?

Utilities may be able to get away with passing costs to consumers, but other emitters will not.

New EPA guidlines on emissions from oil and gas operations will result in costs that can not be passed on down the marketing chain.

Forum List

Back