another huge laawsuit coming due to ignorance

women fired for speaking a foreign language during lunch:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/06/22/10/4-pinoys-lose-us-jobs-speaking-tagalog

dumb dumb dumb, our hospital bills are huge because of dumb shit like this. whoever was responsible for these firings should be thrown off the hospital roof

Fireable offense? It shouldn't be.
But it is rude as all hell. I worked at a place where employees talked in a foreign language when they wanted to talk about somebody without the person knowing what they were saying. It does help promote racism.

Last edited:
English Only emergency is a good policy.

but break time is private time. No one should be listening to someone else's conversation anyway.

4 Pinoys lose US jobs for speaking in Tagalog | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

dumb dumb dumb, our hospital bills are huge because of dumb shit like this. whoever was responsible for these firings should be thrown off the hospital roof

But it is rude as all hell. I worked at a place where employees talked in a foreign language when they wanted to talk about somebody without the person knowing what they were saying. It does help promote racism.

I tend to agree, NOT a firing offense but it does seem to be a tad bit rude. I guess it depends on WHO is saying it's rude. I personally do not mind, BUT, at times, from the body language I have observed in Malls etc, one just knows they are talking about someone and having a great old time. In that respect it's very rude.

I remember one person saying, "I think many do it on purpose just to piss everyone else off :lol: ,who knows.

We speak one language when we are out, English, wife speaks fluent French and German and NEVER speaks either in public, unless it's some friend or friends we know, and NOT in a crowded area.

But a firing offense is just plain out right stupid, those that are trying to enforce it should be transferred to the lame zone.

4 Pinoys lose US jobs for speaking in Tagalog | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

I tend to agree, NOT a firing offense but it does seem to be a tad bit rude. I guess it depends on WHO is saying it's rude. I personally do not mind, BUT, at times, from the body language I have observed in Malls etc, one just knows they are talking about someone and having a great old time. In that respect it's very rude.

I remember one person saying, "I think many do it on purpose just to piss everyone else off :lol: ,who knows.

We speak one language when we are out, English, wife speaks fluent French and German and NEVER speaks either in public, unless it's some friend or friends we know, and NOT in a crowded area.

But a firing offense is just plain out right stupid, those that are trying to enforce it should be transferred to the lame zone.

Rude? Maybe

Fireable? No

By speaking another language they are preventing others from listening in on their conversation. Is this any different than if they were texting each other and nobody knew what they were saying?

Rude? Maybe

Fireable? No

By speaking another language they are preventing others from listening in on their conversation. Is this any different than if they were texting each other and nobody knew what they were saying?

yes

Forum List

Back