Another Gulf rig is leaking...

DRILL BABY DRILL

A term that will live in infamy!

Oh for crimminies sakes.

The richest industry in the world and they're too fucking cheap to do it right.

Hang the lot of them!

We do not need to be drilling in the Gulf. The risk is hardly worth the reward. And we can get the energy with need for far less cost, in fact, even to the point that every homeowner can provide the energy for thier own vehicles for only the cost of the solar panels. A cost that is currently dropping very quickly as new technologies come on line.

Looks like Oregon with get another solar manufactuing plant. The second thin film plant. And this one is going to be cutting edge tech. Using ink jet deposition to lay down the film. Nano-tech crystals, currently cadmium telluride, but could be any compound that will work. Once built, it is slated to produce 400 MW of panel a year.

The potential here is that the material used, can be tuned by size to absorb nearly the entire spectrum, from long uv to short if. And some of this type of cells have been lab built with more than 40% efficiencies.

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2010/05/solexant_seeks_state_loan_for.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2009/08/beaverton_firm_will_produce_ch.html

Oh for crimminies sakes.

The richest industry in the world and they're too fucking cheap to do it right.

Hang the lot of them!

And their massive lobbying power is proof that they don't need no stinking regulations, big oil knows whats best.

Wow, a barrel a day, what on earth and sea will we do????????!!!!!!

My shop was a service station in the early years, starting in 1941. I have decommissioned 4 UST's (underground storage tanks). My limits to not be heavily fined was 188 PPM of contamination from any petroleum product. You'll find 1,000-2,000 PPM along the side of any major highway, and that somehow is OK.

Why is it OK to foul the water directly in any amount?

By the water standards in the US one drop of oil fouls something like 500 gallons of drinking water...

this is the attitude that is killing the gulf

Yea, my attitude is killing the Gulf, sure.......... each of your beloved wind generators throw over a barrel of oil a year around their base...... how many are they putting out in the Atlantic off f Martha's Vineyard? Your Dipshit In Chief jumps in that 747 every other day, on a good week, to travel around on inconsequential trips burning tens of thousands of gallons of jet fuel and none of you caring environuts say boo. Nancy Pelosi burns a minimum of 1200 gallons an hour going back and forth to California and none of you say a word....... a barrel of crude a day is hardly a oil spill....... get real.

this is the attitude that is killing the gulf

Yea, my attitude is killing the Gulf, sure.......... each of your beloved wind generators throw over a barrel of oil a year around their base...... how many are they putting out in the Atlantic off f Martha's Vineyard? Your Dipshit In Chief jumps in that 747 every other day, on a good week, to travel around on inconsequential trips burning tens of thousands of gallons of jet fuel and none of you caring environuts say boo. Nancy Pelosi burns a minimum of 1200 gallons an hour going back and forth to California and none of you say a word....... a barrel of crude a day is hardly a oil spill....... get real.

OK, Sit, show a link for proof of this. I see hundreds of mills every time I travel in Eastern Oregon, I have yet to see any oil around there bases. What I do see is wheat being grown right to the edge of the concrete base.

As for the rest of your rant, get used to it. After President Obama's second term, you can have a go at electing someone to your liking.

Nuclear and we should pour more money into making fusion be stable. We can make it for a short time, but we need to make it stable. Once we can do that then free energy for all. TO HELL WITH SOLAR AND WIND POWER.

Ah yes. To hell with the individual. No power allowed except that which put money into the pockets of the major corperations.

Wind, solar, wave, slow current, and geo-thermal are the power of the future. 48% of the new generation in the US built in 2008 is wind. As the manufactures of thin film solar, using ink jet manufacturing methods, come on line with very high efficiency solar cells, solar will become the cheapest of all, and every homeowner will become both a consumer and producer of power.

Right now, the wheat farmers in Eastern Oregon are finally earning the money they deserve by leasing part of their land to the power companies, and earning royalties off of the power the mill produce. And they grow wheat right up to the bases of the mills.

Nuclear and we should pour more money into making fusion be stable. We can make it for a short time, but we need to make it stable. Once we can do that then free energy for all. TO HELL WITH SOLAR AND WIND POWER.

Ah yes. To hell with the individual. No power allowed except that which put money into the pockets of the major corperations.

Wind, solar, wave, slow current, and geo-thermal are the power of the future. 48% of the new generation in the US built in 2008 is wind. As the manufactures of thin film solar, using ink jet manufacturing methods, come on line with very high efficiency solar cells, solar will become the cheapest of all, and every homeowner will become both a consumer and producer of power.

Right now, the wheat farmers in Eastern Oregon are finally earning the money they deserve by leasing part of their land to the power companies, and earning royalties off of the power the mill produce. And they grow wheat right up to the bases of the mills.

Looks like Exxon/Mobile has developed synthetic lubricants recently that are superior to the barrels of gear oil they used in the past. This article talks about the advancement in synthetics by this giant ''evil" corporation that allows 3 year intervals between changes in gear oil. I remember seeing the oil spewed all around the wind farm in Banning 20 years ago, I was told that each f those generators went through a barrel of 90 weight gear oil a year by some maintenance personnel I met in Palm Springs.

ExxonMobil lubes keep wind turbines turning

Forum List

Back