Another GR8 Amercian Manufacturer moving OVERSEAS

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
Harley Davidson to build bikes in INDIA...........WTF??:clap2: THANKS Washington D.C. .......things sure are getting better for everyone........you idiots. More Americans OUT of WORK!

Not really moving entirely but you get the picture.

"What we are doing is made in USA, assembled in India, which will have a positive job effect back home which is why we are driving this investment as quickly as we are," Anoop Prakash managing director for Harley Davidson India told CNN.

Harley-Davidson to build bikes in India - CNN

Calling INDIA for Tech Support............and the B.S. continues...........:tongue:

I got it........why not move ..........

the WHITE HOUSE, Obama and crew, the Congress, Senate, 'gofers' and lobbyists to MUMBAI, India?? Screw it.:clap2:

They are doing more for the rest of the world than they are for the United States of America anyway, we are led by total loose cannons and idiots, brilliant idiots, but idiots no less.

Last edited:
I blame the line workers for expecting to get paid a living wage.

Who do they think they are, anyway..........Bankers?!

If you actually read the article these are bikes FOR the Indian market. The parts are made here, shipped there, and then assembled in India, to be SOLD IN INDIA.

This means probably more sales, more orders and more jobs here, with jobs there as well.

The reasoning is that a bike when assembled takes up too much space for its mass, wasting shipping space. now you can stack parts in containers and ship more at a single time.

Harley has been turning out junk of late anyway. Just another repetitive sign in the cycle that is the rise and fall of all once-great American manufacturers. Once its all about the bottom line, its over.

I just thought of the perfect TIT FOR TAT we can play on our Indian chums.

When their HD consumers call for technical or administrative support?

Harley Davidson puts the call centers in Bolivia or some other place where the call center people don't speak English very well.

I mean come on...that's only fair, right?

Forum List

Back