Another GOP Mayor slashing cops/firemen. Necessary?

How is it $200 on a 100k earner when it is a property tax increase ?

Everyone who uses police services doesnt own property and property taxes.

I think that is to make the overall budget balanced. Police just happen to be what Indy is looking to cut.

Most PD's, within the whole budget, are funded off some type of sales tax and building permits. That way, everyone, including tourists and renters, pay the sales tax, and the big businesses that build buildings pay the building permits. Prop tax usually pays for education and infrastructure, but I'm not an expert by far on that.

But they are not raising sales tax or permit fees. They are raising property tax (millage) which you spun into income tax.

Your premise is flawed.

Ooops. Typo. That should be 100K home, not 100K earner.

Continue discussion..............

Whenever I talk to young people these days, I advice them to NOT go into public service such as fire, police, nurse, teacher. They will be underpaid, underappreciated and whenever the Right wants a scapegoat for their failings....they will be vilified first.

Who needs it?

awww, poor dears won't be put on a pedestal as if they are above the rest of us...:eusa_boohoo:

Whenever I talk to young people these days, I advice them to NOT go into public service such as fire, police, nurse, teacher. They will be underpaid, underappreciated and whenever the Right wants a scapegoat for their failings....they will be vilified first.

Who needs it?

awww, poor dears won't be put on a pedestal as if they are above the rest of us...:eusa_boohoo:

Underappreciated cracks me the fuck up.

Who needs it?

There it is folks. The arrogant attitude the right wing has adopted towards ALL government workers (except the beloved military, of course, they'd never ever, ever, ever dare utter one critical word about the military).

You know.......that gives me an idea.

Who needs it?

no kidding..
I work feeding the rugrats in a school, you want to talk about someone being under appreciated:lol:

Who needs it?

In some cases, it's the perfect word. People have no fucking clue the chaos their city would be in without cops. Well, any city with a population of 100K or more. Mayberry would be fine.

Who needs it?

There it is folks. The arrogant attitude the right wing has adopted towards ALL government workers (except the beloved military, of course, they'd never ever, ever, ever dare utter one critical word about the military).

That's a broad stroke to paint besides being lame.

Who needs it?

Part of what the military does is to protect your right to make an asshole of yourself, which I might add you are doing a splendid job of.

Who needs it?

waaa

Part of what the military does is to protect your right to make an asshole of yourself, which I might add you are doing a splendid job of.

Yeah yeah, I know. If it wasn't for the military, I wouldn't even have the right to open my car door or turn on my shower. I know all the right wing praise for the military.

But.....who is it that protects you...I mean literally, would be there literally saving your flesh ass, if you practiced your right to say stupid shit to a lot of people in the street and they wanted to fuck you up? OH THATS RIGHT.....the Army would send someone right over to protect you!

Yeah yeah, I know. If it wasn't for the military, I wouldn't even have the right to open my car door or turn on my shower. I know all the right wing praise for the military.

But.....who is it that protects you...I mean literally, would be there literally saving your flesh ass, if you practiced your right to say stupid shit to a lot of people in the street and they wanted to fuck you up? OH THATS RIGHT.....the Army would send someone right over to protect you!

You're a lost cause. Stick you head up Obama's ass. After extraction, move to the Middle East. Let us know how it works out when you spout your drivel there. But fear not, when they send your severed head home, we will give it an "improper" burial...right in a public crapper.

omg, you really are a whiny thing..If you don't feel enough people "appreciate" you or the profession, get out and do something else..good grief

You TP'ers really just dont get the point.

I decide to vote against the trend of radical right wingers........and now I'm a commie who should move to the Middle East and get my head cut off.

Let me guess.....you all probably will say I'm a tree hugging fag who wants to marry a hybrid car right?

I may not be a Democrat (just voting for them this year)............but thank God I'm not a Republican.

I decide to vote against the trend of radical right wingers........and now I'm a commie who should move to the Middle East and get my head cut off.

Let me guess.....you all probably will say I'm a tree hugging fag who wants to marry a hybrid car right?

I may not be a Democrat (just voting for them this year)............but thank God I'm not a Republican.

now you've just become a attention whore
waaa
:eusa_boohoo:

What Dems can't seem to grasp is that when a politician promises "no new taxes" some of them actually mean it. But in liberal lala land, that's a lie they are willing to accept in order to get their guy elected. See Obama.

waaa

Hmmm. And yet...you keep responding. What does that make you?:redface:

waaa

Hmmm. And yet...you keep responding. What does that make you?:redface:

I watched you all WEEK whining and just couldn't take anymore
vote for Obama and save us your drama

Forum List

Back