Another GOP Mayor slashing cops/firemen. Necessary?

Why do you see enemies? I don't see enemies, I see a lot of Americans caring about their future, including you.

that from you?

fucking please

Interesting response from a liberal who is supposed to be tolerant of others and accuses others of being hateful.

its called a lie.....but when you dont have any Character.....thats what happens.....she dont have any Character.....and she lies.....

Even your president walked back from that 'enemy' shit. Where's the civil discourse that your president instructed of you?

Democrats are not my enemy. But I am most definitely your enemy... as is anyone who speaks the truth. You hate truth. Truth is your enemy. Hack.

Go get one lie of mine.

Lying isnt going to get you anywhere anymore

I've already done this with you, hack. You demand evidence of your lies, I give them to you and you ignore them. That game got old and obvious long ago.

You're a hate filled, bitter, failure and an excuse for a human being. Honestly, you disgust me.

i can relate to that......did i tell you it was 3 times?....

Matthew Tully: Indy's budget crunch offers opportunity to have serious discussion about public safety | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

The GOP mayor of Indianapolis took a stand and said police and fire are gonna have to take a slashing on behalf of Indy's broken budget. Is it necessary? Article said non-fatal violent crime (stabbings, assaults, etc) are up, murders are down, and the Indy PD is woefully understaffed already.

The summary:

Indy PD and FD are unionized. They likely have far better pay/benefits than the non-union depts of the South, so I understand they've had it pretty good for a while.

Artical says a property tax increase of 0.2 %, thats right, two/tenths of a percent, would fix the entire shortfall.

But rather than support the 0.2% increase (which is $200 for a 100K earner), the mayor wants to look to the cops and firemen to make ends meet.

Right? Wrong? Well, it is union, and I know they've made far more than "normal" for cops nationwide.

But the problem is.......everytime a mayor like this takes a stand to cut police/fire, there are dozens of GOP mayors in NON UNION cities that dont have the crippling union contracts that some others do....who believe this is a valid reason for them to also cut police and fire, even if it isn't necessary for their city.

It's slowly become a well accepted trend in the Tea Party/GOP circles that putting cops and firemen on the govt chopping block is A-OK!!!! Necessary or not.

Interesting that after 7 pages of comments no one seemed to take the time to read any of the article linked to the OP. They are proposing a 0.2% increase in income tax, not property tax.

Here’s the inconsistency with this article and the overall concept of pushing for more police and firefighters, especially the rhetoric at the federal level. The article starts by saying “The most noteworthy cuts are coming at the expense of public safety.....despite a woefully understaffed department.” So clearly it’s a fact that they have studied the problem and come to the conclusion about how many of these positions are actually needed, right? Well, no; the article concludes that “What this city really needs is a thoughtful, data-driven, bipartisan conversation about the best public-safety structure -- from police and fire to courts and the jail. Leaders need to decide what the appropriate number of officers is…”

Everything costs “just a little”, but they add up to a lot when everybody’s wants are included. How many policemen and firefighters are necessary, and how much do they need to be paid to be willing to do the job? Those should be the considerations, not simply “We had X number of officers last year, and now we have 10% less, hence we’re unsafe.” The reality today is that choices have to be made among many competing needs with a much more limited budget; if government workers, including police and fire, need to do with a few less people and/or a few less salary dollars or benes, how is that different than what’s happening in the private sector? These things are self-correcting, anyway; if the police or fire protection is too low and taxpayers feel less safe or are shown to be less safe by rising crime or fire damage, they will vote their best interests and increase the numbers.

I would think even an ex-conservative would see that.

Matthew Tully: Indy's budget crunch offers opportunity to have serious discussion about public safety | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

The GOP mayor of Indianapolis took a stand and said police and fire are gonna have to take a slashing on behalf of Indy's broken budget. Is it necessary? Article said non-fatal violent crime (stabbings, assaults, etc) are up, murders are down, and the Indy PD is woefully understaffed already.

The summary:

Indy PD and FD are unionized. They likely have far better pay/benefits than the non-union depts of the South, so I understand they've had it pretty good for a while.

Artical says a property tax increase of 0.2 %, thats right, two/tenths of a percent, would fix the entire shortfall.

But rather than support the 0.2% increase (which is $200 for a 100K earner), the mayor wants to look to the cops and firemen to make ends meet.

Right? Wrong? Well, it is union, and I know they've made far more than "normal" for cops nationwide.

But the problem is.......everytime a mayor like this takes a stand to cut police/fire, there are dozens of GOP mayors in NON UNION cities that dont have the crippling union contracts that some others do....who believe this is a valid reason for them to also cut police and fire, even if it isn't necessary for their city.

It's slowly become a well accepted trend in the Tea Party/GOP circles that putting cops and firemen on the govt chopping block is A-OK!!!! Necessary or not.

You are a freaking Idiot.......

Not only have repubs made those cuts but also your new found brethren..I live in a Blue State...Cuts have happened every where....Get a clue..Quit your crying and open Your wallet

The summary:

You are a freaking Idiot.......

Not only have repubs made those cuts but also your new found brethren..I live in a Blue State...Cuts have happened every where....Get a clue..Quit your crying and open Your wallet

Worth repeating:clap2:

Yep, they both ran off. Funny how that happens when you confront them with real questions.

Forum List

Back