Another GOP candidate dead in political water

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
He's out in my book.

Huntsman's Family Has Donated $25,000 to Reid

Newly announced GOP presidential candidate Jon Huntsman and his family have forged close ties to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., over the years. Although Huntsman never has donated to a Reid campaign himself, members of his family, including his parents and brothers, have sent $25,000 to the Senate’s top Democrat, the Las Vegas Sun reported.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/...y/2011/06/22/id/401029?s=al&promo_code=C7D1-1

Last edited:
Why on earth should I oppose a candidate merely because his parents and siblings donated to a poor candidate in another party? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I haven't determined my position on Huntsman yet, but this has got to be one of the dumbest reasons I've ever heard for opposing someone. No offense.

Why on earth should I oppose a candidate merely because his parents and siblings donated to a poor candidate in another party? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I haven't determined my position on Huntsman yet, but this has got to be one of the dumbest reasons I've ever heard for opposing someone. No offense.

The old saying if you lay with dogs you will get fleas apply's in this case. Huntsman sounds more like a John McCain, and we really don't need another McCain

The old saying if you lay with dogs you will get fleas apply's in this case. Huntsman sounds more like a John McCain, and we really don't need another McCain

He's the great gop hope like McCain was. He seems less extreme. Not that I care but it's a mistake for Rs to be so inflexible about their candidates.

Thats why Hillary lost to Obama. We found out that she ate at a godfathers pizza parlor. Naturally we libs then made the connection to Herman Cain and she was finished.:razz:

I think Huntsman could end up as the VP on the ticket

Man you guys wouldn't last in the old days where r' and d's would hangout after session for.drinks and.such.to do that now is political suicide.

Guilt by association strikes again.

They actyally still do that.
You are a misinformed moron. Again.

Huntsman is an apologist for Obama and his policies. He lacks any fire at all. The base doesn't want someone milquetoast like him. They want red meat.

I have to say what I find really interesting about Huntsman is that he isn't being treated at all like Romney is. Huntsman is just as Mormon as Romney is. Yet, there is absolutely no talk "Oh no one will vote for him, he's Mormon" Instead, the media is suggesting that Huntsman is a reasonable candidate.

Personally, I don't think the Mormon issue is really a reason to vote for or against anyone. But the absolutely contrasting attitude towards the two candidates who share their faith is fascinating to me.

Also, you ever notice that the Media never saw being a Mormon as a reason to oppose Senator Reid as Majority Leader, yet it is significant for President (atleast for Romney).

Very fascinating to me.

I have to say what I find really interesting about Huntsman is that he isn't being treated at all like Romney is. Huntsman is just as Mormon as Romney is. Yet, there is absolutely no talk "Oh no one will vote for him, he's Mormon" Instead, the media is suggesting that Huntsman is a reasonable candidate.

Personally, I don't think the Mormon issue is really a reason to vote for or against anyone. But the absolutely contrasting attitude towards the two candidates who share their faith is fascinating to me.

Also, you ever notice that the Media never saw being a Mormon as a reason to oppose Senator Reid as Majority Leader, yet it is significant for President (atleast for Romney).

Very fascinating to me.

It isn't a reason.
But the media says "Republicans make Romney's Mormon faith an issue." The truth is no Republican makes Romney's faith an issue. The Left simply projects their views of what Republicans ought to believe.
The media makes Huntsman reasonable for all the reasons they made McCain reasonable, until he won the nomination.

He's the great gop hope like McCain was. He seems less extreme. Not that I care but it's a mistake for Rs to be so inflexible about their candidates.

Just what the liberals want something like them from both party's.:clap2:

Forum List

Back