Another Good Month On The Jobs Front...unemployment Drops To 5.9%

It's well established that Hoover lost private sector jobs as the Great Depression saw unemployment skyrocket on his watch from 3% to over 20%. But you're right in that BLS data only goes as far back as 1948. So according to BLS stats, George Bush is the only president recorded to lose private sector jobs.

Ain't ya proud? LOL

Also the way we count unemployment is different now then back in those days, you can thank the far left Congress and Clinton for that one.

See all this to get you admit the truth..

Why do the far left insist on doing this?
Did this make FDR president in 1948? Did it make any other president lose private sector jobs by the time they left office?
You're sinking lol
I am? I showed how Duhbya (your guy) is the only president to leave office with fewer private sector jobs than when he started.
You mean the obama democratic control congress had fewer jobs?
Oh? So now it's the Congress you hold responsible for jobs and not the president. Seems your principles are as fluid as the ocean. :dunno:

Of 266,000 jobs created in July, 35 percent or 92,000 jobs were full-time positions

Of the 953,000 jobs created through the first seven months of this year, only 23 percent, or 222,000, were full time.

That means 731,000 part-time jobs were created over the last 12 months.
731,000 were part time jobs? Where do you come up with this nonsense?

July/2013: 28,184,000
July/2014: 28,070,000

That's a DECREASE of 114,000 private sector job over the 12 month period ending in July.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

I provided the source, it came straight from the bureau of labor statistics, I rather just go straight for the numbers without the fancy graphs or ideological commentary.
I went straight to the source and it didn't reflect what you fallaciously claimed.

Of 266,000 jobs created in July, 35 percent or 92,000 jobs were full-time positions

Of the 953,000 jobs created through the first seven months of this year, only 23 percent, or 222,000, were full time.

That's a DECREASE of 114,000 private sector job over the 12 month period ending in July.

I provided the source, it came straight from the bureau of labor statistics, I rather just go straight for the numbers without the fancy graphs or ideological commentary.
I went straight to the source and it didn't reflect what you fallaciously claimed.

Perhaps you are in need of taking the time an actually going through the source information provided rather than jumping on another reply. Here again are the numbers that are quoted from the bureau of labor statistics below. Notice these are statistical numbers provided rather than simply a editorial commentary on the economy - big difference.

*****BTW I also noticed you were unable to back-up your thoughts on those baby boomers "choosing" part-time. Whatever happened to those government provided labor statistical numbers Faun? •••••

You see... this is precisely why I rather just stick with the numbers and do away with all those "I think"... "I believe" ..... "It might be because" ideological opinions or graphs they can never back up. A site simply giving an ideological opinion as your big source of information, rather than one that gives actual statistical data from a government labor source, just can't be trusted. I won't waste my time with opinions when I can simply look at the hard statistical facts by itself.

Of the 953,000 jobs created through the first seven months of this year, only 23 percent, or 222,000, were full time. That means 731,000 part-time jobs were created over the last 12 months.

Part-timers — defined as those who usually work fewer than 35 hours a week — are the minority of the work force, but their share is continuing to grow.

When the recession began, 16.9 percent of those who were employed usually worked part time. Today, the share of workers with part-time jobs is 19.2 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Part-time employment rising as full-time jobs decline - TheGazette

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

FACTS behind the Obama economy
( according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics )

When the recession began, 16.9 percent worked part time. Today, the share of workers with part-time jobs is 19.2 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Acording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics - the average work week has gone from over 38 hours in 1964 to under 34 hours in 2013 — a drop of almost 12 percent. These are labor facts that show the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act may be effecting employment.

A STAGNANT ECONOMY

In September, 2.2 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, essentially unchanged from a year earlier.

The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) was little changed in September at 7.1 million.

Where is the improvement? Where is this growing stronger economy? The facts from the Department of Labor just don't show evidence of one.... sorry liberals.

Oh, the typical Right wing dishonesty by giving misleading stats to prove a lie.

As any honest person knows there are TWO (2) kinds of part-time workers, those who only want to work PT, and those who would rather work full-time. It is, of course, the workers who only want to work PT who are increasing since Obama, mainly Boomers who want to keep working but want to cut back their hours. The workers who would rather work FT are on their way down from its peak in the Bush Depression of 9,216,000 (before Obamacare was signed, BTW) to 7,103,000 now!!!!!!

So in reality the Obama economy has been very, very good to PT workers who would rather work FT, over 2 million no longer have to work PT. Even if you dishonestly want to blame the effects of the Bush Depression that carried over into the beginning of Obama's first term on Obama, as the Right always does, PT for economic reasons is still down over a million!!!!!!! So no matter how you spin it, Obama has been very, very good to PT workers who want to work FT.

That is why the Right has NO CHOICE but to be dishonest and deliberately mislead the gullible by including PT workers who ONLY want to work PT in their deliberately misleading stats.

If you wanted to say the part time facts were dishonest, you would actually HAVE the exact numbers of those "choosing" part time over what the Bureau of Labor Statistics themselves call "part time for economic reasons". It's that simple.

Show me those numbers, those are the only facts that matter here
No problem.

There were 18,857,000 PT because they want to when Obama started and there are 19,561,000 now so there are 704,000 more working PT who only want to work PT since Obama became president, so he's been very, very good for them too.

Perhaps you are in need of taking the time an actually going through the source information provided rather than jumping on another reply. Here again are the numbers that are quoted from the bureau of labor statistics below. Notice these are statistical numbers provided rather than simply a editorial commentary on the economy - big difference.

*****BTW I also noticed you were unable to back-up your thoughts on those baby boomers "choosing" part-time. Whatever happened to those government provided labor statistical numbers Faun? •••••

You see... this is precisely why I rather just stick with the numbers and do away with all those "I think"... "I believe" ..... "It might be because" ideological opinions or graphs they can never back up. A site simply giving an ideological opinion as your big source of information, rather than one that gives actual statistical data from a government labor source, just can't be trusted. I won't waste my time with opinions when I can simply look at the hard statistical facts by itself.

Of the 953,000 jobs created through the first seven months of this year, only 23 percent, or 222,000, were full time. That means 731,000 part-time jobs were created over the last 12 months.

Part-timers — defined as those who usually work fewer than 35 hours a week — are the minority of the work force, but their share is continuing to grow.

When the recession began, 16.9 percent of those who were employed usually worked part time. Today, the share of workers with part-time jobs is 19.2 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Ok, I see my problem. I assumed you were using current data. It didn't occur to me that you would use data as irrelevant as two year old data to establish a point about the current employment situation. Still, correcting for that, much of what you posted is still not corroborated by BLS numbers...

Of 266,000 jobs created in July, 35 percent or 92,000 jobs were full-time.

266,000 jobs created in July, 2013? No, not according to the BLS...

92,000 of those jobs were full time? No, not according to the BLS...

731,000 part time jobs were created during the 12 month period ending in July, 2013? No, not according to the BLS...

And if you use current part time figures:

Last 12 months: -62,000
Last 24 months: -374,000
Last 36 months: -261,000
Last 48 months: -101,000
Last 60 months: +86,000
Last 68 months: +982,000

And as others have pointed out, that's the total number of part-timers. Many people want to work part-time, yet you include them as though that's a negative against Obama.

Part time workers:
latest_numbers_LNS12600000_2004_2014_all_period_M09_data.gif

Part time workers (for economic reasons):
latest_numbers_LNU02032194_2004_2014_all_period_M09_data.gif

You're really stupid to keep coming back for this ass beating you're getting. MOST have not retired link was posted dumb ass. you are dismissed.
You posted no such link that said "MOST" Boomers have not retired. It actually said "A quarter of Boomers postponed their plans to retire during the past year." A QUATER/25% is hardly "MOST", in fact it isn't even "MOST" of half, it is exactly half of half. You seem to have trouble with thew meaning of very simple words like "MORE" and "MOST."

This was the link YOU posted:
Baby Boomer Retirement Confidence Slips Again Signs of Optimism Spotted newsroom IRI
We've been through this before dumb ass bitch, You have been proven wrong
Yada yada yada yada yada so on and so forth You are dead ass wrong. the end.
You're not capable of proving anyone wrong. The claim you failed to prove wrong is that there are more people working now than when Bush left office. All you have posted in rebuttal is the LFPR, which in no way, disproves that claim. While at the same time, that claim was proven with BLS employment stats. At this point, you're nothing but entertainment value.
More percentage wise with the same unemployment rate are that came from the BLS link
2006 bush had a 5.8 with 66% participation in the work force
obama September 2014 5.9 with only 62.7% participation in the work force That's from the BLS. dumb ass.
So what? You're still mindlessly posting LF rates as though it indicates employment. It still doesn't and you're still an imbecile for thinking it does.
The useless idiot pretends not to know that 3/4 = 75% and 12/16 also = 75% and therefore simply giving a % or 2 does not give you specific numbers of anything that makes up the ratio but only the ratio and nothing else but the ratio.

You posted no such link that said "MOST" Boomers have not retired. It actually said "A quarter of Boomers postponed their plans to retire during the past year." A QUATER/25% is hardly "MOST", in fact it isn't even "MOST" of half, it is exactly half of half. You seem to have trouble with thew meaning of very simple words like "MORE" and "MOST."

This was the link YOU posted:
Baby Boomer Retirement Confidence Slips Again Signs of Optimism Spotted newsroom IRI
We've been through this before dumb ass bitch, You have been proven wrong
Yada yada yada yada yada so on and so forth You are dead ass wrong. the end.
You're not capable of proving anyone wrong. The claim you failed to prove wrong is that there are more people working now than when Bush left office. All you have posted in rebuttal is the LFPR, which in no way, disproves that claim. While at the same time, that claim was proven with BLS employment stats. At this point, you're nothing but entertainment value.
More percentage wise with the same unemployment rate are that came from the BLS link
2006 bush had a 5.8 with 66% participation in the work force
obama September 2014 5.9 with only 62.7% participation in the work force That's from the BLS. dumb ass.
So what? You're still mindlessly posting LF rates as though it indicates employment. It still doesn't and you're still an imbecile for thinking it does.
The useless idiot pretends not to know that 3/4 = 75% and 12/16 also = 75% and therefore simply giving a % or 2 does not give you specific numbers of anything that makes up the ratio but only the ratio and nothing else but the ratio.
The useless idiot would be you dumb ass obama supporter you got it all wrong but that liberal fuzzy math does that to dumb asses like you

FACTS behind the Obama economy
( according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics )

When the recession began, 16.9 percent worked part time. Today, the share of workers with part-time jobs is 19.2 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Acording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics - the average work week has gone from over 38 hours in 1964 to under 34 hours in 2013 — a drop of almost 12 percent. These are labor facts that show the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act may be effecting employment.

A STAGNANT ECONOMY

In September, 2.2 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, essentially unchanged from a year earlier.

The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) was little changed in September at 7.1 million.

Where is the improvement? Where is this growing stronger economy? The facts from the Department of Labor just don't show evidence of one.... sorry liberals.

Oh, the typical Right wing dishonesty by giving misleading stats to prove a lie.

As any honest person knows there are TWO (2) kinds of part-time workers, those who only want to work PT, and those who would rather work full-time. It is, of course, the workers who only want to work PT who are increasing since Obama, mainly Boomers who want to keep working but want to cut back their hours. The workers who would rather work FT are on their way down from its peak in the Bush Depression of 9,216,000 (before Obamacare was signed, BTW) to 7,103,000 now!!!!!!

So in reality the Obama economy has been very, very good to PT workers who would rather work FT, over 2 million no longer have to work PT. Even if you dishonestly want to blame the effects of the Bush Depression that carried over into the beginning of Obama's first term on Obama, as the Right always does, PT for economic reasons is still down over a million!!!!!!! So no matter how you spin it, Obama has been very, very good to PT workers who want to work FT.

That is why the Right has NO CHOICE but to be dishonest and deliberately mislead the gullible by including PT workers who ONLY want to work PT in their deliberately misleading stats.

If you wanted to say the part time facts were dishonest, you would actually HAVE the exact numbers of those "choosing" part time over what the Bureau of Labor Statistics themselves call "part time for economic reasons". It's that simple.

Show me those numbers, those are the only facts that matter here
No problem.

There were 18,857,000 PT because they want to when Obama started and there are 19,561,000 now so there are 704,000 more working PT who only want to work PT since Obama became president, so he's been very, very good for them too.
Wrong stupid

Also the way we count unemployment is different now then back in those days, you can thank the far left Congress and Clinton for that one.

See all this to get you admit the truth..

Why do the far left insist on doing this?
Did this make FDR president in 1948? Did it make any other president lose private sector jobs by the time they left office?
You're sinking lol
I am? I showed how Duhbya (your guy) is the only president to leave office with fewer private sector jobs than when he started.
Oh? So now it's the Congress you hold responsible for jobs and not the president. Seems your principles are as fluid as the ocean. :dunno:
Unlike you I hold them both accountable for bad president policy and obama has his share.But all you want to do is use the same old blame bush bull shit talking points. DUMB ASS.

You're sinking lol
Unlike you I hold them both accountable for bad president policy and obama has his share.But all you want to do is use the same old blame bush bull shit talking points. DUMB ASS.
Cries the moron who tried to blame the 110th Democrat-led Congress for the drop in private sector jobs. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back