Another Glenn Beck issue

I wanted to contact Glenn Beck a while back. In order to do that you have to sign up for Glenn's email program. Now I get daily messages from him on wahtever he wants to talk about that day. Not quite, but about 40% of what comes through is promotional things about his Christmas show, new book or other Beck products. For someone so issue driven, it is truly amazing how self promotional he is.

Does he have the right to do that? Sure. I would probably have a tab to click on for promotional items, but that is me. Keeping the message clear and honest is the most important in my mind. My "talking points" come from topics brought up by you folks and what I see in news articles on Yahoo or MSN. Sometimes from HLN or NBC news.

From what you've said, it sounds like you have issues with Beck, so perhaps that is clouding your opinion on this particular issue. And of course Beck is about making money, aren't we all? If he can make money and get a good, honest message out at the same time, then more power to him. I see nothing wrong with promoting his products on his own website or his own show or his own emails, I see nothing unethical about that.

Beck is on record advocation the government adopt fiscal policies that would have a negative effect on the price of gold if the government followed them.
Beck should be encouraging the government to borrow and spend more to complete the circle of corruption you beleif exists .

Yahoo News:
"Yet another controversy appears to be brewing around Fox News host Glenn Beck. Some are accusing him of a blatant conflict of interest concerning his frequent on-air promotion of an investment sold by one of his main advertisers: Gold."

Glenn Beck's gold-gate problem - Yahoo! News

Beck and the rest of them seem to always have 'other agendas' don't they.
I always wondered WHY Beck and others on FOX pushed that GOLD purchasing down our throats a 'million' times a day.

I am glad I stopped watching Fox a long while ago.
Oh my.!!! Beck supports fiscal and personal responsibility and planning for the future.
Fuck fuck fuck.
Im trading my Krugerrands for Magic cards.

buying gold now is not fiscally responsible, gold is over inflated, in a year or 2 its value will drop severely.

At least we have a choice as to whether or not we invest in gold, unlike the liberals who are pushing healthcare and cap and trade down our throats to greatly empower and enrich themselves and their cronies. Nothing like having the force of government over people to force them to participate so you can make a buck, huh?

wow I have never seen such a fallacious post

Yahoo News:
"Yet another controversy appears to be brewing around Fox News host Glenn Beck. Some are accusing him of a blatant conflict of interest concerning his frequent on-air promotion of an investment sold by one of his main advertisers: Gold."

I always wondered WHY Beck and others on FOX pushed that GOLD purchasing down our throats a 'million' times a day.

In fairness, it's not just Beck. Most conservative talkers have gold as a sponsor. The Gold people know their target audience.

Also, liberal talkers do it too. I've heard Stephanie Miller and Randi Rhodes do Gold spots.

The message is always the same though: the government is destroying the dollar! Buy gold or your screwed!

Yahoo News:

He's trying to help your dumbass out. Gold is one commodity that will always have value. I personally have been buying gold for the past twelve years, I estimate I have spent a quarter of a million dollars thus far on gold. Minus the 18,000 dollar fine I had to pay for hiding money in a Swiss account.

I am going to claim two things here Avatar.

1. Glenn claims the moral high ground in most cases. You need to be as ethical as possible to avoid situations like this one.

2. I personally do not know who sponsors Beck's program. I seem to have a knack for coming across him in mid-program.

I see we are attacking fellow conservatives, if we don't tow the talking points now. More fodder for the libs, good job.

I am not attacking you for anything. I am just asking you if you are honestly saying that you seriously have a question on whether someone who Glenn repeatedly says sponsors his show is paying him. I mean what the heck do sponsors do? By definition, you are being paid by a sponsor. So how on earth is it unethical when he clearly announces who his sponsor is? The argument makes no sense unless someone honestly thinks that sponsors dont pay.

I dont see a conflict of interest when 1) He clearly says who his sponsors are 2) He clearly believes in them.

Yahoo News:

:rofl:

PRICELESS attack on Beck....i love all the fear and loathing of that funny and witty man.

Yahoo News:

PRICELESS attack on Beck....i love all the fear and loathing of that funny and witty man.

One of my favorite things about Beck is his sarcasm and when people don't get it and think he's serious. :lol:

Yahoo News:

One of my favorite things about Beck is his sarcasm and when people don't get it and think he's serious. :lol:

How many threads have you seen started based on what you just said alone "Beck said we are all gonna die if......:rofl:"

Or the Huff Post's classic "Beck is screaming fire in a movie theater when he says......"

Oh the endless entertainment that man provides me.

Yahoo News:

anyone that buys gold now is a fricken dope....the time to buy gold was before the wars.

Yahoo News:

Oh my.!!! Beck supports fiscal and personal responsibility and planning for the future.
Fuck fuck fuck.
Im trading my Krugerrands for Magic cards.

buying gold now is not fiscally responsible, gold is over inflated, in a year or 2 its value will drop severely.

Thank You!!!!

Yahoo News:

He's trying to help your dumbass out. Gold is one commodity that will always have value. I personally have been buying gold for the past twelve years, I estimate I have spent a quarter of a million dollars thus far on gold. Minus the 18,000 dollar fine I had to pay for hiding money in a Swiss account.

Me too...but I've been buying 24k jewelry and gold bars....mostly 10 tola bars from Dubai and 250 gram bars from Japan. Plus 75 "baht" in 24k chains and bracelets. But I stopped in 2007 when I believe the price of gold was unsupported by world market conditions.

Last edited:
I really hate to bring this up again, but.......it never went away

Glenn Beck feuds with congressman over gold investigation
Glenn Beck feuds with congressman over gold investigation - Yahoo! News

The Glenn Beck gold rift is Baaaaaaaaaaaaack. And Beck isn't the only one. I guess a lot of people are not happy how FOX handles this, and the same issue when the that early morning crew pushed the books he wrote day after day after day............ for months. It's like they have their own merchandise sales shows mixed with the Fox schedule.

Yahoo News:

Me too...but I've been buying 24k jewelry and gold bars....mostly 10 tola bars from Dubai and 250 gram bars from Japan. Plus 75 "baht" in 24k chains and bracelets. But I stopped in 2007 when I believe the price of gold was unsupported by world market conditions.

One thing about buying gold is that it helps strengthen the dollar since gold is purchased in US dollars.

Lonestar_logic
One thing about buying gold is that it helps strengthen the dollar since gold is purchased in US dollars.

It does in a way strengthen the USD, however, the time for purchasing gold for most of us has long since passed, it's a wealthy man's game now, unless you buy what these gold advertisers are selling in 1/10th oz, 2 pennyweight tidbits, which for me doesn't make any sense. Even if gold continues to $3000 or more per ounce, who really has the funds to buy it in 100 oz blocks where you really can see the 'profit'? The people buying in that kind of volume, make the money, especially with the increased demand that is being continually pushed upward by those who want to make more money.

Can you believe how the left supports using the federal government to crack down on talk show host.

how friggen scary is that.

I really hate to bring this up again, but.......it never went away

Glenn Beck feuds with congressman over gold investigation
Glenn Beck feuds with congressman over gold investigation - Yahoo! News

The Glenn Beck gold rift is Baaaaaaaaaaaaack. And Beck isn't the only one. I guess a lot of people are not happy how FOX handles this, and the same issue when the that early morning crew pushed the books he wrote day after day after day............ for months. It's like they have their own merchandise sales shows mixed with the Fox schedule.

The federal government is harassing Glenn Beck. They're attacking his advertisers and attacking him. They don't like what he says, and they don't like him having a big bullhorn to say it.

Beck is a capitalist. He makes no bones about that. He gets paid to do advertising in his radio program. Pretty much all radio personalities and disc jockeys do ads. Paid advertising is what keeps their stations running.

The fact that Beck rejects Obama's claim that we're on the path to recovery isn't necessarily a conflict. LOTS of people, including me, believe that Obama is full of shit on that score. Nothing has been done to deal with the reckless spending in Washington that is driving up our debt.

I've got to say though... I really enjoyed Beck's response to Anthony Weiner's witch hunt..... Weiner Facts :lol::lol::lol:

Can you believe how the left supports using the federal government to crack down on talk show host.

how friggen scary is that.

WOW! I was wondering when someone would bring that up, I wasn't going to say anything about more government working it's way into every aspect of our lives, influencing the media and others that doesn't agree with their policies, but since you recognized it, congrats. :clap2:

I know it tends to 'morph this thread' into another line of thought but it does demonstrate the 'other agendas' in this administration.
But in the end, it's all about living in a capitalist society where everyone has a chance to make as much money as they desire, if they want to.

Last edited:
Yahoo News:

When I came to this page, the banner ad is for GOLD!!! LOL!!!

Forum List

Back