Another Gitmo Released Gets Killed, (I Hope) In Combat

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Perhaps it is best to let them go...

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_14-3-2005_pg1_1

Abdullah Mehsud dead: spokesman

Staff Report

PESHAWAR: A spokesman for wanted tribal militant Abdullah Mehsud claimed on Sunday that the kidnapper of two Chinese engineers “died of his wounds” after a bullet pierced his chest in an Army commandos-led operation in North Waziristan Agency on March 5.

Abdullah died of his wounds on Thursday (March 10) at an unknown location, the spokesman told tribal journalist Sailab Mehsud who “Abdullah wished to be called first to give the news of his martyrdom.”

The spokesman for the one-legged militant, former Guantanamo Bay inmate, said the 28-year-old Abdullah was hit by bullets in his chest during the March 5 operation in which army claimed to have killed two foreigners and arrested 11 others.

“Abdullah’s comrades managed to take out the wounded commander and treated” at a place in Shawal area where the military launched another search operation in the same area on Sunday arresting 10 local tribal people, the spokesman claimed.

Military spokesman Maj Gen Shaukat Sultan said he had no information to confirm Abdullah spokesman’s claim. “I am not in a position to say either yes or no. I have no confirmation yet,” he told Daily Times.

The spokesman declined to name himself when the tribal journalist asked him to do so. The spokesman made the phone call from outside Miranshah, regional headquarters of North Waziristan Agency where the military was suspecting militants’ presence after their strongholds were captured in neighbourhood South Waziristan, the tribal journalist told Daily Times.

New Topics

Forum List

Back