Another gem from the Dems, a tax on bags.......

driveby

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2008
Jim Moron is a congressman from Virginia. He’s a Democrat. He’s been in Washington since he got out of college. He’s never held a job in the private sector.

And he’s figured out a way to screw you.

Congressman Moron is the author of something called House Resolution 2091 – the Plastic Bag Reduction Act of 2009.

What Congresschimp Moron wants to do is put a five-cent tax on every “single-use carryout bag” used in the United States. What is a single-use carryout bag? It’s what they put your stuff in when you buy something at a store. A five-cent tax on every single one of them.

Starting next New Year’s Day, you would pay a federal tax of a nickel a bag on everything you bought. Five years later, on January 1, 2015, the tax would go up 500 percent, to twenty-five cents a bag.

What kind of bags are we talking? The bags your groceries come in. The bag your hamburgers come in. The bag your everything comes in. A nickel, and then a quarter, for each one. They could probably pay the federal deficit with the money they make off Wal-Mart bags alone.

So if you went to McDonald’s to buy a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, the rancher who raised the beef would be taxed for selling it to the processor, the processor would be taxed for selling it to McDonald’s, you would be taxed for buying it from McDonald’s, McDonald’s would be taxed for selling it to you, and you would be taxed on the bag you carried it out the door in. I know McDonalds uses mostly paper bags, i can see this bill effecting them as well.

Unless it was 2013 or after. By then, Congresstyrant Moron’s legislation requires the government to consider putting an additional tax on “food wrappers and containers.”

In that case, you would also be taxed on the box your burger is in. Heaven help you if you got fries and an apple pie.

In that situation, in 2015, you could pay a quarter tax on the bag, a quarter tax on the burger box, a quarter tax on the fries bag and a quarter tax on the pie container. That’s a dollar in packaging tax.

Did I mention that Congressfag Moron is a Democrat? A 20-year-in-Congress, supporter of Obama, member of the leadership Democrat?

With this garbage bill every store in America would have to inventory, track and account for all its bags to the IRS, WTF ?

Anyway, here is a link to the bill, enjoy..........

GovTrack: H.R. 2091: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House

Jim Moron is a congressman from Virginia. He’s a Democrat. He’s been in Washington since he got out of college. He’s never held a job in the private sector.

Congressman Moron is the author of something called House Resolution 2091 – the Plastic Bag Reduction Act of 2009.

What Congresschimp Moron wants to do is put a five-cent tax on every “single-use carryout bag” used in the United States. What is a single-use carryout bag? It’s what they put your stuff in when you buy something at a store. A five-cent tax on every single one of them.

Starting next New Year’s Day, you would pay a federal tax of a nickel a bag on everything you bought. Five years later, on January 1, 2015, the tax would go up 500 percent, to twenty-five cents a bag.

What kind of bags are we talking? The bags your groceries come in. The bag your hamburgers come in. The bag your everything comes in. A nickel, and then a quarter, for each one. They could probably pay the federal deficit with the money they make off Wal-Mart bags alone.

So if you went to McDonald’s to buy a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, the rancher who raised the beef would be taxed for selling it to the processor, the processor would be taxed for selling it to McDonald’s, you would be taxed for buying it from McDonald’s, McDonald’s would be taxed for selling it to you, and you would be taxed on the bag you carried it out the door in. I know McDonalds uses mostly paper bags, i can see this bill effecting them as well.

Unless it was 2013 or after. By then, Congresstyrant Moron’s legislation requires the government to consider putting an additional tax on “food wrappers and containers.”

In that case, you would also be taxed on the box your burger is in. Heaven help you if you got fries and an apple pie.

In that situation, in 2015, you could pay a quarter tax on the bag, a quarter tax on the burger box, a quarter tax on the fries bag and a quarter tax on the pie container. That’s a dollar in packaging tax.

Did I mention that Congressfag Moron is a Democrat? A 20-year-in-Congress, supporter of Obama, member of the leadership Democrat?

With this garbage bill every store in America would have to inventory, track and account for all its bags to the IRS, WTF ?

bet he doesn't have an adult kid in diapers. I use up those plastic bags putting his dirty diapers in them.

Any excuse to take your money.
Chicago has a 5 cent tax on bottled water. If you buy water in a bottle, you pay a 5 cent tax on it, doesn't matter what size the bottle is.

It's another democrat plot to raise the price of tea in order to squelch the tea-bag protests.

well if it happens ill pay it.....cause i am not going to give into those fuckers who back this kind of shit......i will not use those little fucking canvas things they want you to use....wont do it.....

I don't see the problem. I'd prefer taxes on things that should be discouraged (like wasting plastic) rather than taxes on income and investments which should be encouraged.

Right, because that ( along with everything else ) contributes to global warming.

Oh, that's right, global warming is a fucking hoax and this is a way to raise more money for bogus "research" and other sooper pet pork projects........

So which is the bigger waste ? ....... :eusa_whistle:

I don't see the problem. I'd prefer taxes on things that should be discouraged (like wasting plastic) rather than taxes on income and investments which should be encouraged.

The Leftists are counting on such apathy...

They keep trying to pass a 20 cent fee for bags here ... I am hating the party I once supported more each day ... I feel sick ... I need to lie down now.

And of course, guess whom this tax would effect the most????? The low income earner of course. Those Dems, always looking out for the little guy.

And of course, guess whom this tax would effect the most????? The low income earner of course. Those Dems, always looking out for the little guy.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Don't worry about it. President Obama will never sign it as it will be a tax increase on the 95% of Americans he promised to lower... um wait, cigarettes?

Immie

a grocery store here plans to already do this in a few years wanting people to switch to the reusable bags. I do think we need to cut down on the amount of plastic bags we use but I also think it is up to the grocery store to charge you for the bags and not some bill telling them to do so.

a grocery store here plans to already do this in a few years wanting people to switch to the reusable bags. I do think we need to cut down on the amount of plastic bags we use but I also think it is up to the grocery store to charge you for the bags and not some bill telling them to do so.

right on ......

Forum List

Back