Another Football Season Kicks Off

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
So it is time to re-cap the motivational speech that Athletic directors & NFL team owners give their head coaches as the season starts full of hopes & dreams:

Coach, good luck on a the new season!

You need to remember something as you start preparing for the big games - we love you, we need you and we'll be behind you 100% - win or tie!

I watch professional sports for entertainment purposes only! If all the pro leagues went out of business tomorrow I wouldn't care at all, I'd just find something else to watch. This coming from a guy who played Baseball and Football as a kid.

It seems odd to me that a grown man would wear a team jersey, paint his face team colors, go to a stadium and scream and yell for 3 hours or so and shout insults at opposing fans. Most people think that's "normal", I think it's stupid and just an incredible waste of time.

Wow, the Barn almost lost to the Aggies. And we're not talking aTm...

Props to the Aubs for pulling a rabbit out of their ass.

Brutal schedule for them though. After today, I'll be surprised if they are still ranked at season's end.

I watch professional sports for entertainment purposes only! If all the pro leagues went out of business tomorrow I wouldn't care at all, I'd just find something else to watch. This coming from a guy who played Baseball and Football as a kid.

It seems odd to me that a grown man would wear a team jersey, paint his face team colors, go to a stadium and scream and yell for 3 hours or so and shout insults at opposing fans. Most people think that's "normal", I think it's stupid and just an incredible waste of time.
Yea, having fun is usually a waste of time!

Back on topic, I cant wait for the Saints-Packers game!!!

While doing chores, laundry and messing around on here today I've also watched the Northwestern/Boston College game, and now have the Florida State game on.

I love College Football, and Pro Football too!

Sadly, my Alma Mater, Indiana University, sucks in football, if we get to .500 it's a miracle.

But as long as we beat Purdue in the last game of the season, it's considered a 'successful year' hahahaha!

As for my Colts, this year may be the FIRST our Peyton Manning doesn't start (because of injury) ending his streak of starts........... :(

Who Sure - eh?

I was so excited about watching Awww-burn lose. And then they go & pull off a miracle.

Now the Golden Gophers look like they have a shot in an upset. Please???

I HATE USC. Almost as much as I hate Notre Dame (who is losing to S FL - ha! - c'mon weather - blow away...)

Forum List

Back