Another Fine Mess Obama's Gotten Us Into

We can't afford it.

Funny. Because every Republican President of the past 30 years was able to borrow and afford it.

Why can't a Democratic President be allowed to do that?

Interesting that you need to take one part of my post and create a different context in order to start ranting about it.

I clearly explained why we can't afford it... without making it into partisan bullshit. Pity that you are not capable of doing likewise.

If you want to discuss it with me, discuss the full context, not one sentence that you can twist for your own crap. You are dishonest... and I really try to avoid logical discussions with dishonest posters.

Ok, since you're the Clever Girl, maybe you can explain this to me. Republicans/Conservatives have been stressing the need for more private jobs and less people working for the government. Right? "Government jobs don't count, it's private jobs that matter." Isn't that right? So if that's the case, looking at the chart you provided, it would seem that private sector employment has been increasing steadily for 2 years now and the size of the federal government workforce has been decreasing for a year. Isn't this a good thing? What am I missing?

Private sector has been increasing at an anemic rate- What you are missing is an ability to decipher the difference between state and local government decline as compared to federal government increases. (see chart)

But your chart does show federal employment now trending down, correct?
It also shows private employment trending up, correct?

Trending up for 2 years I'd add. So let me see if I have this right, you like the effects of Obamas policies, you just wish they would happen faster? Is that right?

his policies are the reason they are not HAPPENING faster. An increase after a recession is expected and no policy is necessary to spur it. Demand for goods and services is what spurs it.

The anemic increase we see is not a positive in any way shape or form. It is a negative....and exactly what we said would happen if government got involved.

We can't afford it.

Funny. Because every Republican President of the past 30 years was able to borrow and afford it.

Hi, you have received -1985 reputation points from California Girl.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Don\'t snip my posts for your partisan hackery. Idiot.

Regards,
California Girl
What hackery? I was responding to just that part so I quoted just that part.

Wow, you are WAY too sensitive to be on a forum.

Private sector has been increasing at an anemic rate- What you are missing is an ability to decipher the difference between state and local government decline as compared to federal government increases. (see chart)

Trending up for 2 years I'd add. So let me see if I have this right, you like the effects of Obamas policies, you just wish they would happen faster? Is that right?

his policies are the reason they are not HAPPENING faster. An increase after a recession is expected and no policy is necessary to spur it. Demand for goods and services is what spurs it.

The anemic increase we see is not a positive in any way shape or form. It is a negative....and exactly what we said would happen if government got involved.

So decreasing federal jobs and increasing private sectors jobs is not a positive. Should I quote you on that? lol.

We can't afford it.

Interesting that you need to take one part of my post and create a different context in order to start ranting about it.

I clearly explained why we can't afford it... without making it into partisan bullshit. Pity that you are not capable of doing likewise.

If you want to discuss it with me, discuss the full context, not one sentence that you can twist for your own crap. You are dishonest... and I really try to avoid logical discussions with dishonest posters.

I understand exactly why you think we can't afford it. Anyone reading this thread gets it too.

I notice you didn't attempt to answer my question.

We can't afford it.

Interesting that either party can take one part of the oppositions speech and create a different context and start ranting about it!

What is it that you called it?

Dishonest.

So decreasing federal jobs and increasing private sectors jobs is not a positive. Should I quote you on that? lol.
seeing as that is not what I said, I believe it would be inappropriate and childish to quote me on that.

Growth is expected with or without policy...after years of a recession and uynemployment once at over 10%

So ANEMIC growth is not a good thing.

If a plane is delayed on ther tarmac for 8 hours...and finally leaves and arrives at its destination 10 hours late......do you deem it as a good thing becuase it arrived at its destination?

seeing as that is not what I said, I believe it would be inappropriate and childish to quote me on that.

Growth is expected with or without policy...after years of a recession and uynemployment once at over 10%

If a plane is delayed on ther tarmac for 8 hours...and finally leaves and arrives at its destination 10 hours late......do you deem it as a good thing becuase it arrived at its destination?

The way our country was headed the plane wasn't going to ever make it to it's destination at all. So we get a new pilot and you want to blame the new pilot because he didn't get us there fast enough? We were in a world of hurt when he took over. We're certainly not doing great, but we've got the plane headed in the right direction. Sorry if it's not fast enough...write your congressman and tell them to stop being partisan assholes...on both sides.

The way our country was headed the plane wasn't going to ever make it to it's destination at all. So we get a new pilot and you want to blame the new pilot because he didn't get us there fast enough? We were in a world of hurt when he took over. We're certainly not doing great, but we've got the plane headed in the right direction. Sorry if it's not fast enough...write your congressman and tell them to stop being partisan assholes...on both sides.

if, before we hired the new pilot, we were told that the pilot we wanted to hire may get us in the right direction, but it will not eliminate the other issues..and instead offered another pilot who has a reputation of not only getting us there, but also not using excusesd as to why he w2ill be late...and instead got us there on time.....

Yeah...I would say we hired the wrong pilot.

As for calling my congressman.....

Quite simple....

A leader leads.....a leader does not blame those he leads as the problem for no progress.

Take a look at Clinton and Reagan....the, too, found the need to lead...and they did it.

Congress ALWAYS needs a leader.

We have a whiner.

if, before we hired the new pilot, we were told that the pilot we wanted to hire may get us in the right direction, but it will not eliminate the other issues..and instead offered another pilot who has a reputation of not only getting us there, but also not using excusesd as to why he w2ill be late...and instead got us there on time.....

Quite simple....

A leader leads.....a leader does not blame those he leads as the problem for no progress.

Take a look at Clinton and Reagan....the, too, found the need to lead...and they did it.

We have a whiner.

You're right, Obama does need to grow some balls and take a stand what he believes in. He has to know by now that the vast majority of republicans have no interest in working with him. That's Obamas fault for expecting to be able to work with the rest of the government. Hopefully he'll have learned his lesson for next term.

Quite simple....

We have a whiner.

You're right, Obama does need to grow some balls and take a stand what he believes in. He has to know by now that the vast majority of republicans have no interest in working with him. That's Obamas fault for expecting to be able to work with the rest of the government. Hopefully he'll have learned his lesson for next term.

I fired a vendor a few years back.

We had a presentation...scheduled for 2:00 PM....he was to deliver the books he printed for us by 10:00 AM giving us time to get them to the presentation.

He arrived at 12 noon.....putting the onus on us to ruin around like chickens without heads to prepare...bvut we were able to do it becuase we ALWAYS anticipate the "what ifs"..

Anyway...I asked him why he was 2 hours late.

He said "you know how bad the traffic is on the Belt Parkway"

I looked at him and said "I sure do. Dont you?"

He said "yes, of course. Everyone in NYC knows how bad it is"

So I fired him.

Moston this board likely do not understand why I fired him...but I know you do.

Likewise, most on this board dont understand why I told this story.

But I think you do.

Using things that you already knew would be in the way of prodcuing as excuses may be explanations...but they are not valid excuses and warrant your being fired.

I did nto fire him becuase he was late. Shit happens. I fired him becuase he didnt anticipate being late...even though he had all the information necessary to know he would be late if he did not leave earlier.

Last edited:

Quite simple....

We have a whiner.

We had a presentation...scheduled for 2:00 PM....he was to deliver the books he printed for us by 10:00 AM giving us time to get them to the presentation.

He arrived at 12 noon.....putting the onus on us to ruin around like chickens without heads to prepare...bvut we were able to do it becuase we ALWAYS anticipate the "what ifs"..

So I fired him.

But I think you do.

Using things that you already knew would be in the way of prodcuing as excuses may be explanations...but they are not valid excuses and warrant your being fired.

I did nto fire him becuase he was late. Shit happens. I fired him becuase he didnt anticipate being late...even though he had all the information necessary to know he would be late if he did not leave earlier.

I hear ya. I would have fired him too. I'm sure there was a better vendor ready to take his place. Unfortunately I don't feel that our country has a better vendor ready to take over. We have someone who says he will be there by 10am, just like the current guy, but history says otherwise.

Government employment increased in all of the last three Republican presidencies. The Obama presidency, on the other hand, has seen a huge decline in government employment already.

So I fired him.

But I think you do.

I hear ya. I would have fired him too. I'm sure there was a better vendor ready to take his place. Unfortunately I don't feel that our country has a better vendor ready to take over. We have someone who says he will be there by 10am, just like the current guy, but history says otherwise.

all politicians know how difficult it is to work with the "other side".

Obama sems to believe it is "something new"...it is not. It is the way it is in every county, state and federal legislature since the beginning of of our country.

It is easy to say "I will work in a bi partisan manner".

It is not so easy to get the partisans to do it with you.

That is what makes a great leader....one who not only WANTS to work in a bi partisan manner...but one who getrs the partisnas to work with him.

Obama couldnt do it.

Clinton did.
Reagan did.
And in blue state like Massachusettes, Romney did.

gov%20employment%20four%20recessions.png

There's the reality that conservatives refuse to acknowledge.

Four recessions, 3 Republican presidents, 1 Democrat.

Which one sees public sector employment actually go down?

Public-sector austerity in one graph - The Washington Post

So I fired him.

But I think you do.

Obama sems to believe it is "something new"...it is not. It is the way it is in every county, state and federal legislature since the beginning of of our country.

That is what makes a great leader....one who not only WANTS to work in a bi partisan manner...but one who getrs the partisnas to work with him.

Obama couldnt do it.

Clinton did.
Reagan did.

It's not the same and you know it.

Republicans have entered an age where they refuse to make any compromise whatsoever. Unfortunately when a party takes this position it makes our system incredibly inefficient. There is a reason laws have to go through Congress and the House and the White House. It is to make it difficult for one person or party to have all the control. The Constitution has set up a system where compromise is almost a necessity in order to pass laws. Republicans have taken a strong stance against any form of compromise though, and then they get mad when liberals portray them as a do-nothing-Congress.

This issue does not cut both ways; Democrats have consistently been willing to compromise (maybe too willing). The Affordable Care Act is a compromise between our current system and a single payer system. Cap and trade is a compromise between the current regulation and a direct carbon tax. These compromises, although once supported by Republicans

Republicans – A Party that Refuses to Compromise « Ajones1021's Blog

Finally, concerning the Ryan budget, all he does is decrease taxes, cut programs that more liberal swaying people view as necessary, and increase defense spending. This is the epitome of a refusal to compromise. Taken another way, there is not one aspect of the Ryan plan liberals can jump on board with, this isn’t true for the President’s plan. You may not like the President’s budget, but it is much more of a compromise than Ryan’s budget. The President is willing to cut some taxes and cut some spending. The President does not have the my-way or the highway approach to his budget like Paul Ryan.

Obama couldnt do it.

Clinton did.
Reagan did.

It's not the same and you know it.

Republicans have entered an age where they refuse to make any compromise whatsoever. Unfortunately when a party takes this position it makes our system incredibly inefficient. There is a reason laws have to go through Congress and the House and the White House. It is to make it difficult for one person or party to have all the control. The Constitution has set up a system where compromise is almost a necessity in order to pass laws. Republicans have taken a strong stance against any form of compromise though, and then they get mad when liberals portray them as a do-nothing-Congress.

This issue does not cut both ways; Democrats have consistently been willing to compromise (maybe too willing). The Affordable Care Act is a compromise between our current system and a single payer system. Cap and trade is a compromise between the current regulation and a direct carbon tax. These compromises, although once supported by Republicans

Republicans – A Party that Refuses to Compromise « Ajones1021's Blog

Finally, concerning the Ryan budget, all he does is decrease taxes, cut programs that more liberal swaying people view as necessary, and increase defense spending. This is the epitome of a refusal to compromise. Taken another way, there is not one aspect of the Ryan plan liberals can jump on board with, this isn’t true for the President’s plan. You may not like the President’s budget, but it is much more of a compromise than Ryan’s budget. The President is willing to cut some taxes and cut some spending. The President does not have the my-way or the highway approach to his budget like Paul Ryan.

yo...you link me to a blog?

And no.....I disagree...it IS the same thing and has been for years.

You just dont want to recognize it.

We can't afford it.

Hi, you have received -1985 reputation points from California Girl.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Don\'t snip my posts for your partisan hackery. Idiot.

Regards,
California Girl
What hackery? I was responding to just that part so I quoted just that part.

Wow, you are WAY too sensitive to be on a forum.

Whining about negs is pathetic. Just so you know.

And... you snipped a perfectly rational, non partisan response and turned it into a whine about Dems and Republicans. That's hackery. You're a hack. Just embrace it. Some of us are capable of seeing the logic and assigning blame to both parties.... like me. You are not capable of that... must be hard for you but it makes no impact on me.

Forum List

Back