Another Federal Appeals Court Strikes Down DOMA

how is it any of your business what one man does with another, fuckwit?

Someone asked the question, douchebag, and I answered it. If you don't want an answer, then don't ask for it. Furthermore, the minute the government taxes me to provide perverts with benefits, their sexual proclivities become my business. If you want to keep the government out of your personal affairs, then don't demand that it get involved in them.

is there a list of approved sexual activities somewhere?

Yes there is. For instance, having sex with a 5-year-old is on the strictly prohibited list. So is having sex with your sister. The only question here is whether anal sex is on the list, not whether the list exists.

On your "list", would heterosexual couples who like anal sex be disqualified from civil marriage?

Irrelevant. The question was whether there is a list of approved sexual practices. There clearly is such a list. Now we're just quibbling about which practices are on the list. I'm not going to waste my time with that discussion. It's diversion designed to keep the discussion off the important issues.

Someone asked the question, douchebag, and I answered it. If you don't want an answer, then don't ask for it. Furthermore, the minute the government taxes me to provide perverts with benefits, their sexual proclivities become my business. If you want to keep the government out of your personal affairs, then don't demand that it get involved in them.

Yes there is. For instance, having sex with a 5-year-old is on the strictly prohibited list. So is having sex with your sister. The only question here is whether anal sex is on the list, not whether the list exists.

On your "list", would heterosexual couples who like anal sex be disqualified from civil marriage?

Irrelevant. The question was whether there is a list of approved sexual practices. There clearly is such a list. Now we're just quibbling about which practices are on the list. I'm not going to waste my time with that discussion. It's diversion designed to keep the discussion off the important issues.

Truely? And where IS that list? Do you have a link?

Can you explain how two adults in a monogamous relationship filing a married tax return is degenerate?

One man sticking his dick in another man's ass is degenerate, and providing them with government benefits because of such behavior is even more degenerate.

That you think homos are icky is not a legal foundation for discrimination.

I didn't say it was. However, the fact that they are incapable of having children is a good reason.

The issue is the constitutionality of DOMA. DOMA permits opposite-sex marriages to receive cash and prizes and excludes same-sex marriage from receiving them.

This is discrimination established by law. That is what is at issue.

So far, the ONLY justification we have for this discrmination from the peanut gallery is that gay men butt fuck each other.

That's it.

And that's why DOMA failed in court. There is no rational reason for discriminating against gay marriage.

Investigate your local ordinances about statutory rape, incest, child molestation and various other sex related legislation.

One man sticking his dick in another man's ass is degenerate, and providing them with government benefits because of such behavior is even more degenerate.

I didn't say it was. However, the fact that they are incapable of having children is a good reason.

Again, having children is not a legal requirement for receiving cash and prizes for being married. Do you not know this?

You receive additional cash and prizes if you have kids.

Again, gay people are raising children. And some of them actually give birth to, and father, children.

The issue is the constitutionality of DOMA. DOMA permits opposite-sex marriages to receive cash and prizes and excludes same-sex marriage from receiving them.

So far, the ONLY justification we have for this discrmination from the peanut gallery is that gay men butt fuck each other.

That's it.

And that's why DOMA failed in court. There is no rational reason for discriminating against gay marriage.

Wrong. That isn't the justification I gave. Same sex couples cannot have children, so why should the receive the benefits of laws designed to protect mothers and children?

You studiously avoid answering that because you know there is no good answer.

Do you realize you just claimed that giving someone else government marriage benefits costs you money?

Yes, actually, it does cost me money. I personally don't believe the government should be providing privileges of any kind to anyone for any reason. However, so long as it does, it should have a good reason. Allowing to fuck buddies of the same sex to feel like they're normal isn't a good reason. Why should they have any more rights than a single person?

Correct. Sex with a minor causes societal harm. Sex between two consenting adults does not.

One could argue all day that Sex between two consenting adults can cause plenty of harm. For instance, it spreads diseases.

However, no one is making that argument. The issue here is whether two consenting adults should be entitled to government benefits just because they are having sex with each other. No one has made a valid case for that.

Monogamist couples spreading diseases? OK, maybe in your world (certainly don't want to think about that one).

The subject wasn't "monogamous adults." It was merely "two consenting adults."

Pretending you're too stupid to follow the discussion isn't a convincing argument.

That's it.

Wrong. That isn't the justification I gave. Same sex couples cannot have children, so why should the receive the benefits of laws designed to protect mothers and children?

You studiously avoid answering that because you know there is no good answer.

Actually, I have addressed this ignorance TWICE.

Having children is not a legal requirement for receiving cash and prizes for being married. Do you not know this?

You receive additional cash and prizes if you have kids.

Gay people are raising children. And some of them actually give birth to, and father, children.

That makes THRICE now.

Last edited:

Our daughter would be surprised to hear that.

As would all those couples, straight and gay, thruout the country who can't or won't have children.

Investigate your local ordinances about statutory rape, incest, child molestation and various other sex related legislation.

Ah....laws. And the laws against consenting gay sex are to be found.....where?

Yes, actually, it does cost me money. I personally don't believe the government should be providing privileges of any kind to anyone for any reason. However, so long as it does, it should have a good reason. Allowing to fuck buddies of the same sex to feel like they're normal isn't a good reason. Why should they have any more rights than a single person?

One could argue all day that Sex between two consenting adults can cause plenty of harm. For instance, it spreads diseases.

However, no one is making that argument. The issue here is whether two consenting adults should be entitled to government benefits just because they are having sex with each other. No one has made a valid case for that.

Monogamist couples spreading diseases? OK, maybe in your world (certainly don't want to think about that one).

The subject wasn't "monogamous adults." It was merely "two consenting adults."

Pretending you're too stupid to follow the discussion isn't a convincing argument.

Wait....I get it now. You don't equate marriage with being monogamous. Well, that certainly is your right, to not be faithful to your spouse......but marriage IS supposed to be about monogamy and not spreading diseases.

Apparently, not your experience.

Perversion, corruption, filth, deviancy and immorality. That is what motivates our judicial system. This nation is freaking doomed when we even give passing attention to an idea as perverse as thinking two homosexuals living together and carrying on a deviant sexual relationship can even remotely be considered a marriage. You freaking people are filth.

Perversion, corruption, filth, deviancy and immorality. That is what motivates our judicial system. This nation is freaking doomed when we even give passing attention to an idea as perverse as thinking two homosexuals living together and carrying on a deviant sexual relationship can even remotely be considered a marriage. You freaking people are filth.

Tissue, Genghis?

Apple and oranges.

The first two examples are not specific sex acts.

Thanks for playing.

That's why it has to be decided in the Supreme Court. We have a nation in decline and decay, I expect DOMA to be struck down by the Supreme Court, we are simply becoming too degenerate to survive.

The US District Court for Northern California, which also struck down DOMA as un-Constitutional, ruled that the hatred of homosexuals is not justification for laws designed to discriminate against same-sex couples:

c. Defending traditional notions of morality.

The third reason proffered by Congress when passing DOMA was its asserted interest in
defending traditional notions of morality. Basing legislation on moral disapproval of same-sex couples does not pass any level of scrutiny. “The animus toward, and moral rejection of, homosexuality and same-sex relationships are apparent in the Congressional record.” See Dragovich, 764 F. Supp. 2d at 1190. “[M]oral condemnation of homosexuality [does not] provide the requisite justification for the DOMA’s section three. The ‘bare desire to harm a politically unpopular group’ is not a legitimate [governmental] interest.” Id. (quoting Romer, 517 U.S. at 634-35).

Apple and oranges.

The first two examples are not specific sex acts.

Thanks for playing.

Putting your penis in a 5-year old's vagina is a specific act. And it is forbidden by law.

You cannot provide evidence that putting your penis in another man's ass is forbidden by law.

Thanks for playing at being obtuse.

Last edited:
New York appeals court strikes down DOMA - CNN.com

The long and the short of their decision is that DOMA violates the 14th amendment, which is exactly correct. DOMA is unequal protection of the laws, granting special privileges to opposite-sex couples and withholding them from same-sex couples.

A same-sex married couple cannot file a federal married tax return, nor can a same-sex spouse collect Social Security death benefits, nor can they exercise a myriad of other privileges extended to opposite-sex couples.

So, either remove the marriage privileges that are currently granted only to opposite-sex couples, or grant them to same-sex and opposite-sex couples alike.

There is no rational objection anyone can raise to granting the privilege of a married tax return to same-sex couples. There is no rational objection anyone can raise to granting Social Security death benefits to same-sex couples.

No societal harm arises from these activities.

There is nothing preventing them from marrying someone of the opposite sex, so how has equal protection been denied?

Marriage has always been a contract between a man and a woman, or hell, a man and several women.

Even if you get by on the equal protection route, You can give same sex couples the same rights in another contract recognized by the state, and equal protection can be met.

I am denied the right to marry someone because I havent found someone dumb enough to marry me yet, Are my rights under equal protection denied?

Equal protection has been denied because DOMA seeks to exclude a particular class of persons – same-sex couples – from the same benefits of marriage as opposite-sex couples absent a rational basis or justification.

That marriage has ‘always been’ between a man and a woman is irrelevant. As the Court observed in Lawrence:

[T]he fact that the governing majority in a State has traditionally viewed a particular practice as immoral is not a sufficient reason for upholding a law prohibiting the practice; neither history nor tradition could save a law prohibiting miscegenation from constitutional attack.

LAWRENCE V. TEXAS

Even if you get by on the equal protection route, You can give same sex couples the same rights in another contract recognized by the state, and equal protection can be met.

Incorrect.

The ‘separate but equal’ approach to addressing the issue is as offensive to the Constitution as laws prohibiting same-sex couples from marrying. Same-sex couples have the 14th Amendment right to access their state’s marriage law, the same law as opposite-sex couples, equal and unaltered.

I am denied the right to marry someone because I havent found someone dumb enough to marry me yet, Are my rights under equal protection denied?

No.

The 14th Amendment is applied only to the states and local jurisdictions; private citizens are at liberty to ‘discriminate’ against one another.

Then the law would prohibit monogamous brothers and sisters from benefiting from the law, or fathers and daughters. Or, people who voluntarily want to be in marriages of multiples. Why shouldn't five women get tax filing benefits or death benefits if they all want to be married to the same man. It's love. Warren Jeffs didn't do anything wrong. Why is he in prison? He just loved more than one woman and took more than one woman to wife.

Measures that seek to prohibit monogamous brothers and sisters from benefiting from marriage law, or fathers and daughters, or those who voluntarily want to be in marriages of multiples are Constitutional because they’re applied to everyone equally, the state has a compelling and justifiable reason to enact such measures, and the measures are enacted absent animus towards the effected parties.

That is not the case with laws prohibiting same-sex couples from a given state’s marriage law.

Even so, mainstreaming homosexual marriages into legality would not come close to causing the kind of damage that it will without the ability to punish people who do not accept that legality. Legalize same sex marriage as far as government benefits go, but allow the wedding cake baker, the photographer, the relationship counselor to say no. Allow schools the power to send homosexual children home and by all means, permit the Boy Scouts to tell the newly outed scout that he doesn't get the Eagle badge.

Then you have an argument that this is only about federal rights.

Businesses which openly operate in the public sphere are subject to the same public accommodations law with regard to denying services to homosexuals, as denying services to African-American or Hispanic patrons.

Public schools – as part of the government – are subject to the same 14th Amendment requirements as other government entities, and may not discriminate against gay students; private schools, as with other private entities such as churches and the Boy Scouts, are at liberty to exclude whomever they wish, that would not change when the state acknowledges the Constitutional right of same-sex couples to marry.

Forum List

Back