Another Expensive Photo-op

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bullypulpit, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    <center><h2><font color=red>Another Expensive Photo-op</font></h2></center>

Today, Dubbyuh goes to Camp Pendleton to thank the Marines and families of the still deployed 1st Expeditionary Force for their sacrifices in the "war on terror". Instead, he should be on his knees, abjectly begging their forgiveness.

He should be begging forgiveness for sending these brave, resolute men and women into harms way based upon a lie. He should beg forgiveness for placing ideological purity above human life. He should beg forgiveness for his failure to admit his errors. He should be begging forgiveness for so ill using these rough men who go willingly into harms way for sending them off to an illegal and illegitimate war.

In turn, these troops and their families should rebuke him. But this will not happen, for Dubbyuh's hubris knows no bounds. He is blinded by his own self-righteousness and is convinced he is on a mission from God Almighty himself. Such a person will never admit to their errors as they are incapable of even perceiving them. Their ears are closed to the voice of reason prefering, instead, to listen to the voice of their own unreason and overweening pride. He will apologize for nothing...not ever.

Dubbyuh's visit to Camp Pendleton is nothing more than an expensive photo-op. A photo-op bought and paid for with the lives of the men of the Marines' 1st Expeditionary Corps.

2. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya know who sounds like they're convinced they're on a self-rightous "mission from God", dontcha? :)

Smile a bit, and loosen your belt, Bully. Life isn't really that bad, and I bet you're going to survive the next 4 years just as well as the rest of us.. If not, I heard they actually opened some post-election counseling thing in Boca Raton, FL. If you ask nicely, we'd probably all put up the bucks to get you a one way plane ticket. :D

Smile, toots. Life is short.

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Why is it Bush can't even walk across the White House lawn without someone calling it a photo op? I beleive his tears for the fallen are genuine. You exagerate and sound foolish insinuating he really doesn't care.

Be happy-it's Christmas!!!!

4. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Somebody's gotta keep y'all grounded in reality, 'cause you're not doing very well on your own. :teeth:

5. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Now that is funny! You should go on television. Maybe MM would hire you...or...are YOU Mr. Moore?

6. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    WE are doing fine.. WE are not the ones constantly whining & crying. WE don't need national support groups for our bruised egos.

Go to the mall. Tell Santa what you want for Christmas.

7. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    BullyPulpit is in the minority and you can tell that he sure doesn't like it. I spent 8 years, from 1992-2000, without a President but I sure didn't act like that. This is a Republic BullyPulpit, the majority rules.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I suspect I know what the Marines think about Bully's assertions. I know what the majority of Americans as well as most Army members think about it.

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Reality? Oh okay now I got cha...The reality that Bush Won, again! Or the reality the Democrats
    lost BIG and the Republicans WON BIGGER!! Or the reality that the left wing wacko democratic supporters are doing more to destroy the party than help it? Lots of reality there for sure. The question is, whos not grounded?
    The answer is...it ain't us.:D

10. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Ah, but that makes us all MISGUIDED. That's the softpedal euphemism Bully uses when he doesn't want to come right out and say Americans are stupid.