Another Expensive Photo-op

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><font color=red>Another Expensive Photo-op</font></h2></center>

Today, Dubbyuh goes to Camp Pendleton to thank the Marines and families of the still deployed 1st Expeditionary Force for their sacrifices in the "war on terror". Instead, he should be on his knees, abjectly begging their forgiveness.

He should be begging forgiveness for sending these brave, resolute men and women into harms way based upon a lie. He should beg forgiveness for placing ideological purity above human life. He should beg forgiveness for his failure to admit his errors. He should be begging forgiveness for so ill using these rough men who go willingly into harms way for sending them off to an illegal and illegitimate war.

In turn, these troops and their families should rebuke him. But this will not happen, for Dubbyuh's hubris knows no bounds. He is blinded by his own self-righteousness and is convinced he is on a mission from God Almighty himself. Such a person will never admit to their errors as they are incapable of even perceiving them. Their ears are closed to the voice of reason prefering, instead, to listen to the voice of their own unreason and overweening pride. He will apologize for nothing...not ever.

Dubbyuh's visit to Camp Pendleton is nothing more than an expensive photo-op. A photo-op bought and paid for with the lives of the men of the Marines' 1st Expeditionary Corps.

He is blinded by his own self-righteousness and is convinced he is on a mission from God Almighty himself.

Ya know who sounds like they're convinced they're on a self-rightous "mission from God", dontcha? :)

Smile a bit, and loosen your belt, Bully. Life isn't really that bad, and I bet you're going to survive the next 4 years just as well as the rest of us.. If not, I heard they actually opened some post-election counseling thing in Boca Raton, FL. If you ask nicely, we'd probably all put up the bucks to get you a one way plane ticket. :D

Smile, toots. Life is short.

Why is it Bush can't even walk across the White House lawn without someone calling it a photo op? I beleive his tears for the fallen are genuine. You exagerate and sound foolish insinuating he really doesn't care.

Be happy-it's Christmas!!!!

Bullypulpit said:
Somebody's gotta keep y'all grounded in reality, 'cause you're not doing very well on your own. :teeth:
Now that is funny! You should go on television. Maybe MM would hire you...or...are YOU Mr. Moore?

Bullypulpit said:
Somebody's gotta keep y'all grounded in reality, 'cause you're not doing very well on your own. :teeth:

WE are doing fine.. WE are not the ones constantly whining & crying. WE don't need national support groups for our bruised egos.

Go to the mall. Tell Santa what you want for Christmas.

BullyPulpit is in the minority and you can tell that he sure doesn't like it. I spent 8 years, from 1992-2000, without a President but I sure didn't act like that. This is a Republic BullyPulpit, the majority rules.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I suspect I know what the Marines think about Bully's assertions. I know what the majority of Americans as well as most Army members think about it.

Bullypulpit said:
Reality? Oh okay now I got cha...The reality that Bush Won, again! Or the reality the Democrats
lost BIG and the Republicans WON BIGGER!! Or the reality that the left wing wacko democratic supporters are doing more to destroy the party than help it? Lots of reality there for sure. The question is, whos not grounded?
The answer is...it ain't us.:D

CSM said:
I suspect I know what the Marines think about Bully's assertions. I know what the majority of Americans as well as most Army members think about it.

Ah, but that makes us all MISGUIDED. That's the softpedal euphemism Bully uses when he doesn't want to come right out and say Americans are stupid.

Shattered said:
WE are doing fine.. WE are not the ones constantly whining & crying. WE don't need national support groups for our bruised egos.

Go to the mall. Tell Santa what you want for Christmas.

He needs a shrink to help cure his PEST (Post Election Selection Trauma). And a bus ticket to Canada (we started a rumor about the Draft, we thought all the Liberals would move to Canada! Hasn't worked yet, but maybe we can kickstart the plan with Bully.)

Bully,

Would you rather that Bush NOT meet with the troops...NOT thank them for their sacrifice...NOT make an effort to hear them, see them, talk to them? Give me a break...if he WASN'T doing trips like this...you'd be hear screaming about how he never meets with the troops to thank them....or, at least you would be as soon as Democratic Underground or MoveOn.Org told you to be upset about it.

While screeching about how terrible this photo-op is...you are ignoring the very people you claim to be trying to help...the troops he is visiting, and those who hear about that visit.

Right after Bush had Thanksgiving Dinner with the troops last year, people like you started screaming about the fact that he had held up a fake turkey for a photograph....exploiting the troops! you screamed... "a photo-op!" you yelled...yet you totally ignored the smiles and pride the vast majority of the soldiers present in that dining hall and on the ground here and all over the world felt, knowing that their commander-in-chief had travelled so far and risked dangerous situations to share that holiday.

I had Thanksgiving Dinner last year with 5 Air Force Officers...when we heard that Bush had snuck in to have dinner with the troops there wasn't a "oh, what a photo-op" comment among us...even from those who weren't Bush supporters...all of the comments were ones supporting the idea that it was a nice thing to do...and we were glad he was showing the troops on the ground that he cared.

The bottom line is...the vast majority of US Armed Forces, at home AND in Iraq and Afganistan, supported Bush in the election by an overwhelming majority. They support him still. When they hear about things like the Camp Pendleton trip the don't roll their eyes and say "photo-op"...they smile and say, "Thats nice of him to do."

If you are outraged in the name of the troops...you can drop it...they don't need it and the vast majority of them don't want it...

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Gem said:
If you are outraged in the name of the troops...you can drop it...they don't need it and the vast majority of them don't want it...
Exactly, Gem!!! :clap:

he is also going there to mark the anniversary of Pearl Harbor. You know, the day that WAS the worst attack on American soil BEFORE 911. That attack put us in a worldwide war that last for four years and cost the lives of thousands of Americans. Since 911, we have been at war for three years with less soldiers killed in battle than were killed on 911. I think that is something to be thankful for and something that is quite remarkable.

Forum List

Back