Another executive order from Obama ..

Seemz rational to me. If we have a emerguncy, you want to let the people starve while republicans hord all the food and gas for themselfs?

We all know the free market would leave people starving. We need a vigorus government working for the people to make sure things are done rite.

Ever heard of the 5th Amendment? It prevents the government from expropriating private property without just compensation. Taking control of someone's property is indistinguishable from expropriation.

It seemz [sic] rational to you because you're just another forum Nazi.

They keep saying that giving mony "back" to business owners that business owners will spend the mony on making the factorys better, making more stuff and hiring folks. Like yeah. More like they realy speand the money on new toys from overseas. A tax cut for the rich means they can afford that second rolls royce, or they can trade in their 24 foot yat for a 30 foot yat.

Except that, thanks to President Obama, some are moving back to the US. If the pubs win the White House, there will be more laws to make it more profitable to invest in foreign banks and foreign businesses - just as Mittens already does. One of the first things Mittens would do is repeal the Obama laws help US business. Actually, Noot has said the same thing. I can't think of anything that Santorum has said but he's so always busy obsessing about our sex lives - just as he was when he was in the senate.

Isn't it freaky that Santorum took part in a hush-money-sex scandal while a senator. That sick little twitch makes my skin crawl.

It's hard to comprehend how liberal turds imaging punishing business with higher taxes and more crushing regulations is going ot make them want to invest in the U.S. rather than overseas.

I hope whichever Republican is elected that he repeals everything Congress passed since Obama was elected. None of it benefits consumers or taxpayers in anyway whatsoever.

The OP forgot to post a link to the Federal court case ruling this EO un-Constitutional.

The OP and others on the right are apparently ignorant of the fact presidents both democratic and republican have issued similar EOs.

This is not a partisan issue.

It’s the consequence of the will of the American people – predicated mostly on fear and ignorance – to create an Imperial Presidency, to allow unprecedented authority to the CE to address ‘emergencies’ both foreign and domestic in a timely manner, where Congress might be too slow to act.

It’s naïve to believe that a ‘president McCain’ would not have issued such an EO, or any future republican president, for that matter.

Last edited:
Another EO from the El Presidente...Do you want to live in a country where you fear your government? Well you better fear this one...The tyranny just got turned up another notch!
relifline.jpg

(c) be prepared, in the event of a potential threat to the security of the United States, to take actions necessary to ensure the availability of adequate resources and production capability, including services and critical technology, for national defense requirements;

But the Patriot Act is okay???

Right to Bear Arms trumps executive orders.

Let history be your guide, many have tried to screw with me. None have found the experience helpful, useful or beneficial.

Last edited:
(c) be prepared, in the event of a potential threat to the security of the United States, to take actions necessary to ensure the availability of adequate resources and production capability, including services and critical technology, for national defense requirements;

But the Patriot Act is okay???

Well...at least the Patriot Act was debated, voted upon, and passed by a Congress. It wasn't a directive enacted by one man and one signature.

Unless I am severely misreading the order, it does nothing whatsoever like what "the new world order" claims it does. In particular, the claim that

The National Defense Resources Preparedness order gives the Executive Branch the power to control and allocate energy, production, transportation, food, and even water resources by decree under the auspices of national defense and national security.

appears incorrect. The passage cited as evidence for this claim merely delegates a power already claimed to be held by the President to certain of his Secretaries. At most it shifts power from part of the executive branch to another part.

Other claims are hyperbolic. Namely, the claims that the president now holds "complete" control over all resources in the US in times of emergency, or that Woodrow Wilson held "complete" control over industry during WWI. Neither of those is even physically possible.

If these powers exist now but through different means, then why sign the order at all? A waste of time, unless this is a psychological ploy of strength, power, and control.

did anyone actually READ the order? The source of the OP's source had a link to it...
Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House

Read section 201. It does not consolidate any authority to the President, it separates it out among various cabinet level positions, who then separate it out among other functionaries.

In other words...

YAWN............................................

did anyone actually READ the order? The source of the OP's source had a link to it...

Read section 201. It does not consolidate any authority to the President, it separates it out among various cabinet level positions, who then separate it out among other functionaries.

In other words...

The answer to your question is "yes":

Unless I am severely misreading the order, it does nothing whatsoever like what "the new world order" claims it does. In particular, the claim that

Quote:
The National Defense Resources Preparedness order gives the Executive Branch the power to control and allocate energy, production, transportation, food, and even water resources by decree under the auspices of national defense and national security.
appears incorrect. The passage cited as evidence for this claim merely delegates a power already claimed to be held by the President to certain of his Secretaries. At most it shifts power from part of the executive branch to another part.

Bottom line is...Anything that advances the government's power over the people is cause for concern. Our freedoms are under attack and our liberty in jeopardy.

Looks like the only thing that is different from the last 50 years is the scary man in the white house.

Bottom line is...Anything that advances the government's power over the people is cause for concern. Our freedoms are under attack and our liberty in jeopardy.

And in this case they have been since Eisenhower, so why all the concern now?

Look, I may not agree with Obama, and I may not like this type of Executive Order, but let's get real. I don't recall anyone being bothered by this when Clinton did it, and I don't recall any worry when it was Bush's turn. So why is it an issue today?

I believe you are genuinely concerned about the freedoms of the American people, but was your initial reaction based on that, or was it based on your dislike for the President?

In other words...

The answer to your question is "yes":

Quote:

Remember the NDAA 2012 it wasn't supposed to affect American citizens, but come to find out it does

Forum List

Back