ANOTHER executive Obama order helps illegal aliens stay permanently!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
New U.S. rule makes residency easier for some immigrants - latimes.com

obamacongressfinger.jpg

Last edited:
I never realized how much power a President has. I wonder if what Obama is doing is legal. It doesn't seem so. Of course it's good to be King.

I never realized how much power a President has. I wonder if what Obama is doing is legal. It doesn't seem so. Of course it's good to be King.

How do you know a given immigrant is ‘illegal’? Have they been found guilty of that crime in a court of law? All persons are entitled to due process, all persons are innocent until proven guilty – regardless immigration status.

And what makes you ask if the policy is legal? Can you cite a court case ruling the policy illegal or un-Constitutional? Until either happens the policy is perfectly legal.

Last, did you even bother to read the article you cited?
Beginning March 4, illegal immigrants who can demonstrate that time apart from an American spouse, child or parent would create "extreme hardship" can apply for a visa without leaving the United States. Once approved, applicants would be required to leave briefly in order to return to their native country and pick up their visa.

Or if you read it, did you not comprehend what it said?

As it turns out the process remains essentially the same, the only change is the length of time one must stay out of the US.

The policy is pragmatic and appropriate.

Your opposition to the policy is partisan only, along with your fear, hate, and ignorance of those whom you perceive to be ‘different.’

Is that what you wonder? You must be ignorant and uninformed. Yes, it's legal. The President is the head of the Executive Branch. Congress creates laws, but the President gets to set priorities and practices on how the law will be executed. It's called balance of power.

Personally, I disapprove of this measure. But there's no question that it is a legal exercise of Presidential power.

Forum List

Back