Another Example of Why The UN's Time Is Past

rtwngAvngr said:
Right now it's the U.S. military moreso than any other organization on earth. Do you think it's the UN charter? LOL.

No I don't.
Whats so funny? Does US have unlimited resources?

Just a guy said:
Isn't there a standard plan for this?
Civilians must not be killed. Create a safe zone - defend it.

This is a rhetorical organization, you tell me. If you're speaking of the UN, then their past performance speaks for itself.

You imply that there is a good and a bad side, I merely reflect on the fact that people are dying i don't care what the cause is or who is doing it, just get the killing to stop!

Sometimes there IS a good side and sometimes one or both parties do not uphold cease-fire or peace agreements. I know you don't care, but sometimes fighting back is necessary - in order to SAVE civilians that go above and beyond setting up and defending safe zones.

What country in this world accept that civilians are killed with purpose? Where can that be justified?
Do you find it hard to decide on the matter? Do you need a more noble casue than that?

No need to get emotional. I haven't implied civilians getting killed is acceptable, jusifiable. Get a grip.

Anywho, in the real world, bad guys usually don't just go away. The mighty UNish organization doesn't just show up, set up safe zones and make it all better.

Just a guy said:
So where did I give you the impression of that I think EU has taken it's responsability? Or that UN is functioning? I don't. But I still think there can be a working organisation safeguarding human values. Everywhere.

Idealistic, to say the least. No such organization can be effective without the authority, responsibility, and resources needed to enforce its decisions. None of the above will exist without the express consent and support of its members. Such members would naturally have to subjorn their soveriegnty as a nation to the organization. Of course, that means those nations or entities which DO NOT belong to said organization will not recognize their authority and may or may not choose to cooperate with its desires. Naturally, members of the organization must also be willing to put aside their national interests (economic, military, social, religious etc) and replace them with the consensus of the organization.

Human nature being what it is, I would say NONE of the above conditions will ever be met.

Just a guy said:
No I don't.
Whats so funny? Does US have unlimited resources?

You talk about splitting costs after stabbing us in the back. That's funny. Good stuff, Jerry Lewis.

rtwngAvngr said:
You talk about splitting costs after stabbing us in the back. That's funny. Good stuff, Jerry Lewis.

I think what we are seeing in this thread is an example of the European awakening. The UN is ineffective in dealing with the current situation (Islamic terrorism most recently) and Europe is finally seeing it now that Muslims are a more real and imminent threat to their society and there is no one to confront it. Europeans generally do not care for US methods or philosophy so they cant really ask the US to help out, Europe has gone down a path which resulted in a military neutering, diplomacy and appeasement has failed them (again!!!) so now we are hearing what is essentially the cry "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!"

Just a guy said:
Here is one example I would like the world to be able to cope with:
A suffering civilian population is starving and killed because of a civil war.

Is that to much to ask?
You mean like Darfur? Wow, the UN has been rushing there. US just was able to get them to at least listen now. Foolish, useless organization.

Just a guy, if Europe agrees to censor itself so as not to offend muslims, you'll be living in a defacto islamic theocracy. How do you feel about that? Why did that newspaper apologize?

Kathianne said:
You mean like Darfur? Wow, the UN has been rushing there. US just was able to get them to at least listen now. Foolish, useless organization.

I think he's refering to the "Rhetorical UN" that time. :laugh:

Wow...
You link UN inability to function with Muslim rage over Cartoons and not failing to point out european support for US activities on the way...

I dont care what you think. We will se a stronger bond between our continents in in the future. It's either that or whole EU will turn in to terroritst, - and I don't feel very terroristic.

Just a guy said:
Wow...
You link UN inability to function with Muslim rage over Cartoons and not failing to point out european support for US activities on the way...

I dont care what you think. We will se a stronger bond between our continents in in the future. It's either that or whole EU will turn in to terroritst, - and I don't feel very terroristic.
The last pair of possibilities you pose is what scares us the most on this continent. Some of us are not so sure that Europe has the will to resist and will submit to terrorist demands. They have done so in smaller ways in the recent past. In fact, some of us believe that it is Europes philosophy that has lead to this current situation.

Just a guy said:
Wow...

Huh?

Are you a Muslim?

CSM said:
My guess is not a Muslim, but could very well be one soon if Europe capitulates to the Islamic extremists!

:) No way, I am just a christian guy.
If I was a muslim though, I'd probably feel shame over the things carried out in my religions name.

Forum List

Back