Another example of why Ron Paul is a phony conservative

So attacks on the Pakistani Taliban now constitutes "bombing of Pakistan"? Cripes, you're worse than the liberals in your spin. You just out and out lie.
This is why Ron Paul and his wookiemen never get traction in the GOP and will remain the nutjobs of the right.

Right. Because we know that no innocent civilians ever die when the U.S. bombs a country, no way no how.

As a member of the military do you have any idea how insulting it is when people say stupid things like this? The US military is more careful than any military in the history of the world about collateral damage, in fact we put our own soldiers in danger to protect civilians in a country we are fighting. I mean really, why insult us like that?

As a member of the military how do you deny that collateral damage is an unavoidable consequence of war? It's not a knock on the military, it's just the reality of the situation.

And before you go there, yes I was in the Military as an infantryman in the Army from 01 to 05 which included a year stint in Afghanistan.

Right. Because we know that no innocent civilians ever die when the U.S. bombs a country, no way no how.

As a member of the military do you have any idea how insulting it is when people say stupid things like this? The US military is more careful than any military in the history of the world about collateral damage, in fact we put our own soldiers in danger to protect civilians in a country we are fighting. I mean really, why insult us like that?

As a member of the military how do you deny that collateral damage is an unavoidable consequence of war? It's not a knock on the military, it's just the reality of the situation.

And before you go there, yes I was in the Military as an infantryman in the Army from 01 to 05 which included a year stint in Afghanistan.

Who would possibly deny that collateral damage is part of war? especially in situations like were facing against the Taliban and Iraqi insurgents?

But to state that our foreign policy is to not worry about collateral damage is stupid and insulting, as a former infantryman I know you understand that the Army goes to great pains to limit collateral damage as much as possible.

Who would possibly deny that collateral damage is part of war? especially in situations like were facing against the Taliban and Iraqi insurgents?

But to state that our foreign policy is to not worry about collateral damage is stupid and insulting, as a former infantryman I know you understand that the Army goes to great pains to limit collateral damage as much as possible.

Which is, of course, not what I said at all.

I never saw him say that we don't worry about collateral damage or try to avoid it. He just pointed out that innocent people are killed by drones (and all other types of munitions) in combat. That's just a reality of combat. He'll we inadvertently hit civilians with 5.56 and that's about the "safest" round that comes out of a muzzle in our arsenal.

I understood his point to be, despite our best efforts, innocents will be killed in war. Innocents being killed fosters bad-will, so let's think about this.

What do you do in the military?

I never saw him say that we don't worry about collateral damage or try to avoid it. He just pointed out that innocent people are killed by drones (and all other types of munitions) in combat. That's just a reality of combat. He'll we inadvertently hit civilians with 5.56 and that's about the "safest" round that comes out of a muzzle in our arsenal.

I understood his point to be, despite our best efforts, innocents will be killed in war. Innocents being killed fosters bad-will, so let's think about this.

I'm full time national guard, I'm almost scared to admit it, but I'm an MP... I actually work on a drug task force here in Arkansas as a full time job , been deployed to Iraq twice. I'm a Captain

I'm sorry but Israel is never my litmus test for conservatism.

:lol: It is if you're a neocon.

Or one of those kooky evangelicals that thinks Israel has to survive just long enough so that it can usher in the end of days, after which, of course, all the Jews will be cast into hell for killing Jesus 2000 years ago.

Like Lenny Bruce said: "There should be a statute of limitations for that crime".

BTW, the "Sopranos" took a very subtle jab at this mentality/political movement in the last season. You have to be pretty astute to catch it though.

I'm full time national guard, I'm almost scared to admit it, but I'm an MP... I actually work on a drug task force here in Arkansas as a full time job , been deployed to Iraq twice. I'm a Captain

Combat MPs are basically Infantry anyways.

I got out as an O-3 and resigned my commission at the end of my obligation.

Combat MPs are basically Infantry anyways.

I got out as an O-3 and resigned my commission at the end of my obligation.

I'm considering it, I have my 20 in and got an email the other day talking about sending me to the Mexican border, I have no interest in doing that again, went in 2006. 3 years in 10 away from my family is enough for me. On the other hand , the bump in retirement pay from O3 to O4 is nothing to sneeze at.

Forum List

Back