Another example of why 2nd Amendment is so important

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Feb 13, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Just for 2nd Amendment discussion, I'm watching National Geographic Channel right now. A really great show is on, Alaska State Troopers. If you haven't seen it, it's really good, those are brave men, working in a tough environment.

Anyhow, the AHP was working a fatal accident when dispatchers notified the troopers of a domestic violence incident occurring. One trooper stated they had to go, and a trooper left the scene en route to the domestic violence call. The trooper stated to the camera "We are going to a domestic violence call, in which the male is trying to kick down the victim's door and the suspect is known to be armed". The trooper then said "We're about 45-50 minutes away, hopefully we can make up some time", then a few minutes later while getting updated information he says they are now 32 minutes away.

And there you have it. That victim was in immediate danger. The Alaska troopers were at least 45 minutes away. Should that victim have the right to own a handgun for self defense?

Some are gonna say "Well, sure, in Alaska, that far away..........but inner city NY or Chicago the cops aren't far away, they don't need guns", since NYC and Chicago ban handguns. So is a person's Constitutional rights now determined based on population density? Do I have more of a right to bear arms in Alaska than Chicago?

2. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    As long as states have the legalese to gun rights, you will live under inequality, however that works out for you.

Several things are happening here. Less tax dollars, less cops, more crimes, priority of crimes.

If I call 911 and say the predator has a gun, I shoot to #1 on list and they are here within a minute.

If I call and say a neighborhood robbery of peoples property is taking place by 6 predators, I will spend 45 minutes while they load the stash, have to repair the car to get it to start, and drive towards the police at the donut shop in town, and I get an officer two days later to fill out a witness form. That is a true example. The PO asks if I would walk over and take down the license number and a description of the car.

People definitely need the right to keep & bare arms and use them by force to stop crimes that infringe on the general welfare and pursuit of happiness of Americans. Formost to defend their families and neighbors.

3. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    :clap2:

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Umm domestic violence case.. Many times both involved may shoot the officer.
    And one already has the others gun or somesuch.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. gekaap

gekaap BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I always thought that the second amendment was important because of the need for to be able to call upon the militia. I think this question is pretty much irrelevant. The second amendment was ratified over 200 years ago. Should we discuss the importance having a house of congress answerable to the legislatures of the states? At least that question is more recent than the 2nd amendment.

6. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,030

Where any black people involved?

7. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,703
    That type of situation (typical home defense) clearly calls for a shotgun. If you wish to establish the need for a handgun you need to present a situation that calls for concealed carry while abroad in public.

The time and distance factors are irrelevant. If a psycho is kicking your door down in an urban environment where the police are a few minutes away it only takes a few seconds to force entry and commit murder.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  8. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,280
    Although I wish there were no guns in America, that will never happen. I believe that if all guns were abolished by law the good guys would not have guns and bad guys would.

9. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,414
    Are you avoiding answering the question or are we to assume that you think the right to bear arms is obsolete?

Alaska or New York City, the response time is immaterial. If there is a threat to your life, it is urgent and immediate. What difference does it make if it took 45 minutes or 3 minutes to reach your lifeless body.
    In the vast majority of cases, the police don't arrive in time to save a life. They only arrive in time to notify the coroner.
    Over the years I've had numerous people ask me why I carry a gun. I tell them I carry a gun because cops are too damned heavy.

The truth is that when every second counts, the police are only minutes away.

10. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,414
    An interesting side note I put here only because you wish there were no guns in America.

The vast majority of gun crimes are committed by the owner of just one gun. People who own several weapons are more likely to have obtained their guns legally and to use them responsibly. Is it not then logical to require everyone to own, say 3 guns?

I wish there were no need for guns in America, but as long as criminals have them, you can bet your ass, I will not surrender mine.