Another Example Of TDS: D-Politician Spews Conspiracy Theory / False Accusations, Has No Evidence

Can you fools not read? Do you not know what a question mark is?

Come on kids, it ain't that hard.

In your case it is used to avoid a truthful line of reasoning. Similar to do you beat your wife in the morning or at night?
No, those are legitimate questions given the information that we have.

I know you would rather not be asked them, they must be very uncomfortable for you to think about, but there they are all the same.

Can you answer any of them?

Yep, I can read and know what a question mark is. Also not a fool, we leave that territory to you. Finally, yes I answered all of your questions.
In what world is that an answer to my questions?

Not this one, that's for sure.

A translator translates, they are not transcribers and certainly are not official recorders of conversations. Why would you let a translator keep any type of notes? There are no rules on this, simply protocols. Those can change without Congressional approval.
It's common practice that they keep their notes simply as you pointed out that they are not transcribers. A translator will go back to refer to their notes for certain inflections they may have picked up on or words with multiple meanings.

Translators normally keep no notes at all.

Depends on the situation, it looks like. The Third Men: The Strange, High-Pressure Work of Presidential Interpreters - The Atlantic
"Interpreters also serve an essential role as record-keepers, taking notes that end up in the National Archives, Obst said. Of course, interpreters are not always asked to take notes."

Forum List

Back