another example of our fucked up prison system

blu

Sep 21, 2009
ACLU: Juvenile subject to 'torturous' treatment at Montana State Prison

fucked up prison system with "correctional" officers who don't give a fuck about the inmates and just abuse their powers to make up for their own insecurities. the prison system needs a complete revamp and it needs to start with the guards who let rape, murder, etc happen in prison and many times join in on the physical and mental abuse these people take.

ACLU: Juvenile subject to 'torturous' treatment at Montana State Prison

fucked up prison system with "correctional" officers who don't give a fuck about the inmates and just abuse their powers to make up for their own insecurities. the prison system needs a complete revamp and it needs to start with the guards who let rape, murder, etc happen in prison and many times join in on the physical and mental abuse these people take.

Okay. You provide an example of one potential (unproven), horrific alleged (again this means unproven) mistreatment of one inmate by none other than the ACLU :rolleyes: and the whole system is screwed up and needs revamping.
Cognate much?

the aclu only got involved after other prisoner's contacted them and if you are going to play dumb and act is if this is the only instance of abuse by guards and "correctional" officers having the opposite effect then I don't know what to tell you

the aclu only got involved after other prisoner's contacted them and if you are going to play dumb and act is if this is the only instance of abuse by guards and "correctional" officers having the opposite effect then I don't know what to tell you

I read it. I didn't say it didn't happen. Just saying at this point it's unproven. Care to try again? Is this the only possible example of abuse in the system? Uh, Duh, no, but given the number of prisoners nationwide compared with the number of provable abuse cases and you want to revamp the whole system. Need I say more? You have a brain, try using it once in a while, you'll be amazed at the results.

Who cares? It's one anecdote...get back to me when you find some statistics.

is our penal system for rehab or punishment? that is the rub...

locking younger men/women up ....has simply led to prisons being a training camp of sorts....i have never known anyone to go to prison for long and not come out with new skills

We should revamp our prisons and go back to chain gangs and hard labor.

Couldn't agree more. Prison should be a place you do not want to go back to.

I worked in the prison system down here at the Brevard County Jail in Brevard County Florida. We call it the Brevard County Daycare and babysitting facility. Thats exactly what it is. These prisoners are treated just like babies and taken care of from the time they arrive until they leave. The care of the prisoners is more important than the well being of the Corrections Officers who have to deal with them.

I've seen fights between prisoners. I've seen CO's assaulted and plenty of knockdown dragouts. Believe me. No one pays enough money for this.

Do thing happen in prison?? You bet your boots they do but the CO's cannot watch everything especially with the size of the prison population. The prisoners have avenues to file against fellow prisoners and the prison staff. Believe me when I say that this is done all the time.

Juvenile prisoners would never be in the general population, period.

I read it and there seems to be a lot to the story that is not reported here. The kid needs better living conditions but I am not sure whether he himself is a threat to other inmates if he is put with other 15-17 yr olds. He is obviously one messed up individual and there may not be a happy ending here.

Until you've been incarcerated you should shut the fuck up!

FTR I spent almost three years in the Texas Department of Corrections on a five year sentence. Since then I've been granted a full pardon.

I read it and there seems to be a lot to the story that is not reported here. The kid needs better living conditions but I am not sure whether he himself is a threat to other inmates if he is put with other 15-17 yr olds. He is obviously one messed up individual and there may not be a happy ending here.
If he has attempted suicide by chewing his own wrists, I think he needs to be kept in isolation. He's not stable, this much is obvious.

Forum List

Back