Another example of how liberals lie and manipulate you

I don't know why anyone should be shocked by what the folks in charge of that school district did...it's standard operation proceedure for government each and every time the tax paying public gets fed up and tries to pull their snouts out of the trough.

If you're a school administrator who's budget has been cut you don't get rid of a few of the high paid administrators you have on salary...oh no!...what you do is tell parents you're sorry but due to buget constraints you have no choice but to cut any and all of the extra curricular activities that makes school enjoyable for kids. You threaten to cut athletics, art classes, music classes, all clubs, the prom, homecoming, school lunches and you tell your parents that THEY will be picking up the costs of school supplies.

That's the crap that's been going on for the past forty years as the teacher's unions dug in and became bigger than the people that pay taxes.

I don't know why anyone should be shocked by what the folks in charge of that school district did...it's standard operation proceedure for government each and every time the tax paying public gets fed up and tries to pull their snouts out of the trough.

If you're a school administrator who's budget has been cut you don't get rid of a few of the high paid administrators you have on salary...oh no!...what you do is tell parents you're sorry but due to buget constraints you have no choice but to cut any and all of the extra curricular activities that makes school enjoyable for kids. You threaten to cut athletics, art classes, music classes, all clubs, the prom, homecoming, school lunches and you tell your parents that THEY will be picking up the costs of school supplies.

That's the crap that's been going on for the past forty years as the teacher's unions dug in and became bigger than the people that pay taxes.

services cost money. want to farm out education? fuck it. America's kids will all end up morons. fit in well with conservative christians and internet bozos like you

From the depth of knowledge demonstrated by the posts of our 'Conservatives', I can see why they don't think anyone learned anything in school. They certainly did not.

Conveniently, the OP declines to tell us what school district this is, so the likely differrence between the facts and the accusations can't be determined.

Conservative idealogy, if you believe the so-called conservatives around here, should dictate that only the kids who play sports should pay for sports,

and the kids whose families can't afford the fees should go without.

Having other people pay their way encourages them to be lazy, right?

Not going to mention the school district, because I'm not giving out personal info on my kid's school district.

But here's the deal. Last time my kid's school district put a levy on the ballot, voters said no. They were tired of voting yes to levies only to have the school sytem not put it toward education, but gym floors, new tile, and the like.

So, in 2011, the voters said no to a new levy.

So, my kid's school district came back this year and said, "if we don't get this levy passed we will have to cut the sports programs or really raise the price to participate."

Well, people just FREAKED! Oh, we can't lose the sports programs, what about the kids! :eusa_boohoo:

Naturally, the levy passed.

ONE WEEK after the levy passed, my kid's school just made an annoucement concerning the sports program, (just heard it on the radio not 15 minutes ago). They are RAISING THE PRICE to participate in the sports programs like football, ANYWAY.

They are raising the price for high school sports participation from $100 to $240! And the price for Middle School sports participation from $50 to $150! :mad:

Now, I don't care, because my kid isn't in sports, but THIS IS A SPIT IN THE EYE to every parent who voted yes on the levy to save sports. Double and TRIPLE the price to participate in this economy and AFTER we voted to raise property taxes???

This should be a lesson and a clarion call to NEVER trust this school district again. I will vote NO on every levy from now on.

This is so brazen, and so arrogant I hope there are a lot of parents who throw a fit about this.

Unbelievable! And it should be a lesson. Liberals will LIE and try to manipulate and scare you to get you to vote a tax hike, AND THEN THEY WILL SCREW YOU, ANYWAY. NEVER TRUST THEM.

(and that's why I'm glad I voted no on this levy, I wish there had been more voters who had done the same. Once again, I've been proven right, but it's little comfort)

:mad:

According to this article, the levy bid failed. Looks to me like you are the one lying.

Plan would more than double pay-to-participate fees | ThisWeek Community Newspapers

Not going to mention the school district, because I'm not giving out personal info on my kid's school district.

But here's the deal. Last time my kid's school district put a levy on the ballot, voters said no. They were tired of voting yes to levies only to have the school sytem not put it toward education, but gym floors, new tile, and the like.

So, my kid's school district came back this year and said, "if we don't get this levy passed we will have to cut the sports programs or really raise the price to participate."

Well, people just FREAKED! Oh, we can't lose the sports programs, what about the kids! :eusa_boohoo:

ONE WEEK after the levy passed, my kid's school just made an annoucement concerning the sports program, (just heard it on the radio not 15 minutes ago). They are RAISING THE PRICE to participate in the sports programs like football, ANYWAY.

They are raising the price for high school sports participation from $100 to $240! And the price for Middle School sports participation from $50 to $150! :mad:

Now, I don't care, because my kid isn't in sports, but THIS IS A SPIT IN THE EYE to every parent who voted yes on the levy to save sports. Double and TRIPLE the price to participate in this economy and AFTER we voted to raise property taxes???

This should be a lesson and a clarion call to NEVER trust this school district again. I will vote NO on every levy from now on.

This is so brazen, and so arrogant I hope there are a lot of parents who throw a fit about this.

Unbelievable! And it should be a lesson. Liberals will LIE and try to manipulate and scare you to get you to vote a tax hike, AND THEN THEY WILL SCREW YOU, ANYWAY. NEVER TRUST THEM.

(and that's why I'm glad I voted no on this levy, I wish there had been more voters who had done the same. Once again, I've been proven right, but it's little comfort)

Ahhh the good old bait and switch, typical.

According to this article, the levy bid failed. Looks to me like you are the one lying.

Plan would more than double pay-to-participate fees | ThisWeek Community Newspapers

Voters reject levy/income-tax combo | ThisWeek Community Newspapers

With the passage of Issue 10, Westerville City Schools will have extracurricular programs next year, but families of athletes may be asked to shoulder more of the cost.

The district’s three high school athletics directors presented a proposal to the school board March 12 that would raise pay-to-play fees for high school athletes from $100 to $240 and for middle school athletes from $50 to $120.

The fees would be charged per student per sport, and there would be no family or individual caps.

The proposal came out of a committee formed after the failure of the district’s November levy bid to look at alternative funding for extracurricular activities.

Ok then....scratch that, lol.

Are you sure it's the same school district? Of course that would explain why the OP dropped this bomb and then ran away.

Are you sure it's the same school district? Of course that would explain why the OP dropped this bomb and then ran away.
I don't know if it is....but the fee schedules are pretty much the same. And teepee is a known liar.

:eusa_whistle:

Another example of how liberals lie and manipulate you
What a creative, little story....for an EIBS-grad.

:clap2:

You could have (at least) made-UP a school-district name....you know, to make it sound more-realistic.

Better luck, the next time.....​

More and more people are beginning to realize how right you are. Change is going to come.

Just can't make things absurd enough for it to be taken as a joke when it comes to the tea bag attack on public education.

You know, when you call people teabaggers you're calling them ball-sucking faggots.

I can't see why you think a bunch of teabaggers (ball-sucking faggots) are the only ones that are pissed about a corrupt school system.

I guess they should not have called themselves Teabaggers in the beginning then.

Public schools are nothing more than gov't. brain washing camps that think they know how to raise your child better and how to spend your money better.

I've never understood why tax dollars should go to support people's hobbies anyway.

it is not just a hobby at schoolage.
It is more often than not a valuable learning experience...

You know...sort of what schools are for?

Really? I love sports, but there isn't any education value to throwing a piece of pig carcass.

Public schools are nothing more than gov't. brain washing camps that think they know how to raise your child better and how to spend your money better.

That are ran by locally elected school boards. You know, your next door neighbor, guy down the street, co-worker, etc.?

Public schools are nothing more than gov't. brain washing camps...

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Not the camps?

:cuckoo:

The Sky is Falling!
disneychickenlittleskyfq.jpg

services cost money. want to farm out education? fuck it. America's kids will all end up morons. fit in well with conservative christians and internet bozos like you

My kids spent their first few school years in a tiny charter school in what I'm sure you would consider a backwater full of ignorant hicks.

The first thing they noticed when we moved to a larger, regular school district...math was too easy.

They are greedy, takers, lier's and thief's. They are outed for sure since Obby got it.
Hey they want the freebie pensions etc.. Little do they know, if the Liberal agenda succeeds they'll be throw to the wolves like the Mob was in the 70's and 80's. No longer needed or useful.

We have news for them. There day is just about over. November 2012, if not a civil war will end it.

Makes you wonder where this Civil War is going to break out. What a loser.:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back