Another establishment clause debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by manifold, Feb 13, 2009.

1. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,852
    NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com | Ten Commandments Bill Passes Through Committee

I can never decide who the bigger assholes are in these conflicts, the douchebags who insist on brandishing Christianity or the douchebags that give a shit about the brandishing. It all seems pretty silly to me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    do you think these people are playing this out for the folks back home..knowing it will be simply overturned but they will look good for giving their "support"...you know when you get credit for looking good but aint done shit? kinda strikes me as that...

i will never understand the conflict between christians....in my experience..there is more infighting amid christains than anyone else....i wonder how the baptist would feel if catholics wanted to put cruxifics here and there....i could see it where you would have the 10 comm. plus the virgin mary etc and so on...it would get to be a bit much. i do not care what people do on their own private land...go for it...i live close to an area where a man has gone through and put up crosses....on the hills...

Elizabethton, TN - Christian crosses

he apparently has permission of the land owners....i really dont see why everyone cant be civil...i live in a somewhere religiously diverse area...in the fact that we seem to have it all....mormons...mennonites...serpent handlers...baptists..methodist...catholics...jews...
    muslims..its amazing for a rural area...the churches are full on sunday morning and the bars packed on saturday night...

perhaps a wee bit more tolerance all the way around...is the way to deal with it

3. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    It's time to graffiti the OK state capital with any religious whim any one of us may have. I dunno about you but my lord is a giant gaping vagina and an image of such on the courthouse property would only INSPIRE people to have faith in the spectral clitoris of my personal faith. Call Jerry Stiller and tell him to bring his festivus pole. I'm sure the FSM will already be there with his noodly appendage.

4. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    State laws of oklahoma prevent public displays of nudity.

5. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    What, you can even suggest that politicians would pull a Schiavo for votes?:lol:

I hate it when the ban pubic nudity. It's the best kind.:eusa_drool: