Another embarrassment for the Bush administration

Hey, Basic Gutless Goof, might wanna think about that statement again. Ridge upped it just before Bush's reelection, so that the voters would feel scared and vote for him, because they thought he had it all covered.

Ridge left because of it.

Now, think about this..........terrorism is using terror tactics (i.e. fear mongering), to further an idealogical or political belief.

So, that means the Bush admin and the GOP used terrorism (fear tactics) against the people of the US, while FIGHTING FUCKING TERRORISM!

See the irony?

Terrorism Definition | Definition of Terrorism at Dictionary.com

Basic Goofball Guy, do you have an education?

I have an education. I know what the definition of terrorism is. You don't like my posts on this subject. So what. Will you be playing the internet bully all night, or will you be engaging in substantive debate minus the immature rhetoric? I suppose asking you to act mature is asking too much. You can go pound sand.

Hey asshole, you are the one that was wondering why it was important. Don't you think that intentionally misleading the American public in pursuit of political gain using terror isn't important?

Fuck off ya goddamn pedant, go please purists.

You mean kinda like promising HOPE AND CHANGE? Millions of jobs and less spending????

Telling your ACORN buddies there will be tons of financial assistance for their community planning services?

Promising to 'reach across the isle' in bipartisanship? Swearing to transparency and no pork barrel spending????

I could go on...but I think you get where I'm going.

Yes, I would say so what. I know what the story is. I am not confused. I am not a partisan hack or a Republican.

I know what the point of the thread is. It is a partisan hack bash the Republicans thread. I don't play that game.

George Bush is out of office. According to the XXII Amendment, he can't be President again. So, what is the point of focusing on President Bush and Tom Ridge, when we have real and pertinent issues facing this Republic now? Enlighten me.

If you have said anything bad about Clinton since 2000, then you're a hypocrite, as that was when he left office.

Try again asshole.

As a matter of fact, I don't focus on issues about Clinton, that do not have a direct legal impact on this Republic. If it had done something like this, I would have said so what. You just can't take someone being objective can you. You have to try and play internet tough guy and be insulting to people. I am done trying to have reasonable debate with you. You have shown that you can't handle honest debate. Maybe someone else will let you verbally abuse them seeing how you like that kind of thing. Not me.

I didn't start insulting you until you told me to go pound sand asshole. Until then, I was pretty civil to your pussy ass.

Well, I am back...no luck. Sorry.

I am not a member of any political party. Did I say I was pro-Democrat? No. My loyalty is not to any political party. It is to the Constitution.

Fair enough. Being Bipartisan means you don't favor either party. Going by this logic, if you made some anti dem posts, you made some anti republican posts, right?

I have seen your anti Dem posts, but can find any anti republican posts of yours.

Are you sure your bipartisan? :lol:

I have an education. I know what the definition of terrorism is. You don't like my posts on this subject. So what. Will you be playing the internet bully all night, or will you be engaging in substantive debate minus the immature rhetoric? I suppose asking you to act mature is asking too much. You can go pound sand.

Hey asshole, you are the one that was wondering why it was important. Don't you think that intentionally misleading the American public in pursuit of political gain using terror isn't important?

You mean kinda like promising HOPE AND CHANGE? Millions of jobs and less spending????

Telling your ACORN buddies there will be tons of financial assistance for their community planning services?

Promising to 'reach across the isle' in bipartisanship? Swearing to transparency and no pork barrel spending????

First off, I'm not a Dem or a Republican, I'm independent. I've voted for Bush Sr., Reagan, as well as a lot of other Republicans while I was in the Navy from 1982 - 2002. I absolutely hated Clinton, and when he was scheduled to come onboard our ship during Navy Days in Ft. Lauderdale, I did everything I could to make sure that I wasn't onboard when he came to visit.

I voted for Bush Jr. the first time as well. After seeing the totally screwed way that he botched the war (Iraq instead of Afghanistan), I've been anti-Bush Jr. since.

And, believe it or not, I've actually said things about that big eared bastard currently occupying the White House.

First off, I'm not a Dem or a Republican, I'm independent. I've voted for Bush Sr., Reagan, as well as a lot of other Republicans while I was in the Navy from 1982 - 2002. I absolutely hated Clinton, and when he was scheduled to come onboard our ship during Navy Days in Ft. Lauderdale, I did everything I could to make sure that I wasn't onboard when he came to visit.

I voted for Bush Jr. the first time as well. After seeing the totally screwed way that he botched the war (Iraq instead of Afghanistan), I've been anti-Bush Jr. since.

And, believe it or not, I've actually said things about that big eared bastard currently occupying the White House.

Two things, one..his ears really arent that big, they just protrude a bit...lol

two...I was a squid from 84-04 myself. Nice to meet you fellow sailor.

You have a very odd definition of embarassed. I wouldnt be embarassed by it. Im not very surprised by it either.

Since when are politicians embarassed about misleading people? Heck, most of them trumpet being able to mislead them the best. Why should this be any different?

I'm not saying I disagree with your point about the desire to gain political position, I was just making the point that EVERY president or potential president has mislead this nation for political gain.

Was Ridge right and the others wrong???? Who knows!! How can we ever REALLY know? What I DO know is that we didn't experience another day like 9/11 again during Bush's leadership. Sure he made some bad decisions. I'd much rather the alert be up than down for the sake of precaution. We would have suffered even more had we let our gaurd down and got hit again.

Well, I am back...no luck. Sorry.

I am not a member of any political party. Did I say I was pro-Democrat? No. My loyalty is not to any political party. It is to the Constitution.

Fair enough. Being Bipartisan means you don't favor either party. Going by this logic, if you made some anti dem posts, you made some anti republican posts, right?

I have seen your anti Dem posts, but can find any anti republican posts of yours.

You are incorrect on your definition of "bipartisan"... It means of and supporting both parties... Would you like the dictionary version?

What would characterize someone who does not support either party is "nonpartisan"...

You are incorrect on your definition of "bipartisan"... It means of and supporting both parties... Would you like the dictionary version?

What would characterize someone who does not support either party is "nonpartisan"...

so what do you call a person who ONLY says negative things towards one party?

I'm not saying I disagree with your point about the desire to gain political position, I was just making the point that EVERY president or potential president has mislead this nation for political gain.

Was Ridge right and the others wrong???? Who knows!! How can we ever REALLY know? What I DO know is that we didn't experience another day like 9/11 again during Bush's leadership. Sure he made some bad decisions. I'd much rather the alert be up than down for the sake of precaution. We would have suffered even more had we let our gaurd down and got hit again.

Of course these people have a desire to gain political position, otherwise they wouldn't be politicians! However..........to use terror tactics (scaring us shitless), just before the election in order to gain a political advantage over the election WHILE YOU'RE IN THE WHITE HOUSE is a bit unethical, and probably illegal.

But then again, what else could you expect from the Dark Lord of the Sith and his trained monkey?

Not that big? Shit dude.........put struts under them puppies and he could go hang gliding!

By the way, East or West coast? Me? East, mainly Med and Persian Gulf deployments. Went above the Arctic Circle and am certified as a Trusty Shellback (went to Rio!).

USS CONCORD, VFA-131, USS GEORGE WASHINGTON, USS DWIGHT D EISENHOWER and USNS CONCORD were my ships.

Tom Ridge, in his new book, reveals he was pressured to raise the security alert level right before the 2004 election. He did not feel it was necessary but those within the Bush administration including Rumsfield and Ashcroft pushed to have the alert level increased.

After the situation played out Ridge decided to leave the Bush administration.

Like the whole "Cheney lied" crap, nobody cares about this story........except the k00ks. This is just another "get Bush" story that only the k00ks get all hysterical about and meanwhile, a vast majority of Americans ( the non-21%ers) couldnt give a sh!t about.

I think about how many times a couple of years ago, the k00ks came on board like this and promised "impeachment" as if it were a fait-acompli!!! And every single time I replied, Nobody cares!!!"

And nobody did.............and still nobody does!!! You fcukking dummies.........told you way back when that theres good sh!t out there for OCD stuff..............Effexor XR for example. Keeps away what psychiatrists call "rumination of thoughts".

Only those with the political IQ of a toy dog collar think stuff like this has any legs except for the internet k00ks...........

Not that big? Shit dude.........put struts under them puppies and he could go hang gliding!

By the way, East or West coast? Me? East, mainly Med and Persian Gulf deployments. Went above the Arctic Circle and am certified as a Trusty Shellback (went to Rio!).

USS CONCORD, VFA-131, USS GEORGE WASHINGTON, USS DWIGHT D EISENHOWER and USNS CONCORD were my ships.

First east side...(south weymouth ma.) then west for 16...San Diego. Did you do the shellback thing when it was real? LOL

I was aviation the entire time. We flew to places you floated too. :cool: Did a couple carriers for a bit though....just quick dets. Fly Navy! Woohoo.

Last edited:

If you believe I only speak negative of Democrats, you are wrong. I speak bad about the GOP leadership as well. You haven't been paying attention.

Lucky bastard. I had to GUARD III to get as far west as Amarillo in a MEPS. Fought like hell to go west coast, but never made it.

Know how to REALLY piss off the Air Force? Tell 'em that the Navy has more planes than they do (we do y'all), and then tell 'em that their Top Gun is to get to be a member of the Navy for a year!

Really gets under their skin.

(this is for Zona).

I try to refrain from generalized labels, although some people obviously lend themselves to accurate labels...

anti-<fil in the blank> perhaps?

people can be anti-something and pro-something, but they are not mutually exclusive...

People can be anti-Dem, anti-Pub, and pro-Constitution...

Nancy Pelosi.

And everyone who works at Fox. Have you ever heard of a pro Obama story over there? Have you ever heard a Anti Bush story at Fox? I haven't.

I have heard MSNBC tear Obama up, especially after last weekend when he said a public option was only a sliver of the entire package.

MSNBC went nuts. That is the difference between them and Fox. Fox lies. Period.

Forum List

Back