Another embarrassment for the Bush administration

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Tom Ridge, in his new book, reveals he was pressured to raise the security alert level right before the 2004 election. He did not feel it was necessary but those within the Bush administration including Rumsfield and Ashcroft pushed to have the alert level increased.

After the situation played out Ridge decided to leave the Bush administration.

The color terror chart was stupid to begin with. Did it drastically change your life?

If what Tom said is true, that means that he didn't have the backbone to take a stand, and cowered down.

With all the truly important things going on in this Republic, you felt a need to bring up this drivel. Why?

The color terror chart was stupid to begin with. Did it drastically change your life?

If what Tom said is true, that means that he didn't have the backbone to take a stand, and cowered down.

With all the truly important things going on in this Republic, you felt a need to bring up this drivel. Why?

Does it have to be earth shaking to bring up on this web site?

I have seen alot worse on this site. I think I have wrote much worse.

written

What is the point of bringing it up?

Tom Ridge, in his new book, reveals he was pressured to raise the security alert level right before the 2004 election. He did not feel it was necessary but those within the Bush administration including Rumsfield and Ashcroft pushed to have the alert level increased.

I bet if that wouldn't have happened, Mr Kerry would have won the popular vote.

Isn't that funny about the Republicans? When Bush was in office, he was their "messiah".

Finally, a president who talks to God.

A president who showed the world that you don't need smarts. You just need to invade.

A president who saved the US from being invaded by Iraq and having them use their deadly arsenal of Weapons of Mass Destruction on us.

A president who explained to his base that "I don't ever think about Bin Laden anymore" and convinced them that not getting the greatest mass murderer in American history was, "No big deal".

A president who knew how to pick the right guy for the right job - Good job Brownie!

And now, when it's discovered that he tricked the American people, threatening them with terrorists attacks, which IS a form of terrorism, and they say, "Ho hum, so what, who cares, it's no big deal, it's a thing of the past, it's not important, don't think about it, don't worry, blah blah blah, I'm bored".

If they were such a poor judge of character that Bush was their messiah, how wrong are they about Obama?

What is the point of bringing it up?

It's the story of the day. Why don't you want it discussed?

I bet if that wouldn't have happened, Mr Kerry would have won the popular vote.

Or at least Ohio...lol

Hey.........Basic Goofy Guy...........if it's the top story, and it's flashing all over the networks, why the fuck do you consider it to be "dragging it up"?

Are you that stupid?

Hey.........Basic Goofy Guy...........if it's the top story, and it's flashing all over the networks, why the fuck do you consider it to be "dragging it up"?

Are you that stupid?

I guess we're supposed to tiptoe around the Bush failures when they come up. I wonder how many embarrassments have to be brought to light before anyone can call it "another" embarrassment...

Actually, Sarah, you may be right.

2 years ago Bush Jr. banned 2 people from coming to a rally held by him because they were wearing t-shirts that had a circle with a line and bush written on it.

I guess the GOP decided that since those 2 tried that, they were going to up the ante with guns.

Are you that stupid?

I guess we're supposed to tiptoe around the Bush failures when they come up. I wonder how many embarrassments have to be brought to light before anyone can call it "another" embarrassment...

Once the first one happened, that makes all the rest "another", doesn't it?

Forum List

Back