Another DISASTER From Excessive Immigration

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
For years, in this forum, I have been posting a list of "Harms of Immigration". This is a lengthy list of about 20 items, but one major harm that I neglected to include is low income HOUSING. In all societies, there are a substantial number of people who are low income. These consist of young people just starting out in the workforce, middle aged people who lesser skilled, and older retired people subsisting on retirement income. So there always needs to be a sufficient amount of low rent housing available to meet that need.

Right now, in the Tampa bay area (probably also in many other areas of the country), these people are in big trouble, if they are in need of housing. For them, buying a house is generally out of the question, other than maybe a very cheap mobile home. That leaves one alternative > rentals.

And the situation for rental housing (apartments, condos, houses, mobile homes) can be summed up in one concise sentence, There are none. In a scan of 25 apartment complexes in Tampa, last week, I found ZERO VACANCIES. Not one apartment available at $750/month or less. Other types of housing are pretty much the same.

Making matters worse, is that since there is now so much demand for housing (due to this shortage), landlords have seized upon the situation, and jacked rents up extremely high. When I moved into my current apartment 7 years ago, the rent was $520/month. My then benevolent landlord, with a self-imposed rent control (Florida has no rent control law), my rent has stayed at that level. Last year, however a new owner bought the property, and has raised rents to what is commonly said to be "market rate". Consequently, I just received a 63% rent increase (to $847/month). So now, looking to move out, I am seeing other apartments (1 bedroom) renting for this same amount, or higher.

This is weird. How did all this come about ? One simple answer. Unbridled immigration. With immigrants (most illegal) streaming into this area like a swarm of killer bees, housing units have filled up, and become saturated. Even the higher rent ones are clogged, as immigrants tend to stuff a dozen or so people into a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment, and split the rent across their low incomes.

Think of how you would feel if you needed to move by May 31, and still now have not found a place to go ? That's the situation I'm in right now, and I am nowhere near alone. With the sudden high rents here, I've never seen so many moving trucks in my entire life. But where are they going ? Most are people "temporarily" moving in with family members. We'll see over time how that goes.

Right now, what is needed is a massive deportation program of illegal aliens, construction of the Mexican border wall, repeal of the idiotic Flores law, allowing invaders to go into "catch & release" mode, and more strict control over immigration in general. Together with this, it wouldn't hurt to have a fast buiid-up of low income housing.

Did somebody mention HUD ? They have 2-3 year waiting lists right now, with migrants being coached by Democrat, vote-hungry liberals with the words > HUD.gov. I'm willing to bet that the overwhelming % of names in HUD (for rent housing) are Spanish surnames, consisting of migrants (most illegal) from Mexico and Central America. In a word, DISASTER. Americans are hardly able to recognize their own communities anymore.

Last edited:
I buy I never rent..I hate renting might as well throw yer money away.
It's a lot more complex than that. Like home repair bills, for one thing,.......... but lets stay ON TOPIC.

This isn't about renting vs buying. There are other threads available for that.

For years, in this forum, I have been posting a list of "Harms of Immigration". This is a lengthy list of about 20 items, but one major harm that I neglected to include is low income HOUSING. In all societies, there are a substantial number of people who are low income. These consist of young people just starting out in the workforce, middle aged people who lesser skilled, and older retired people subsisting on retirement income. So there always needs to be a sufficient amount of low rent housing available to meet that need.

Right now, in the Tampa bay area (probably also in many other areas of the country), these people are in big trouble, if they are in need of housing. For them, buying a house is generally out of the question, other than maybe a very cheap mobile home. That leaves one alternative > rentals.

And the situation for rental housing (apartments, condos, houses, mobile homes) can be summed up in one concise sentence, There are none. In a scan of 25 apartment complexes in Tampa, last week, I found ZERO VACANCIES. Not one apartment available at $750/month or less. Other types of housing are pretty much the same.

Making matters worse, is that since there is now so much demand for housing (due to this shortage), landlords have seized upon the situation, and jacked rents up extremely high. When I moved into my current apartment 7 years ago, the rent was $520/month. My then benevolent landlord, with a self-imposed rent control (Florida has no rent control law), my rent has stayed at that level. Last year, however a new owner bought the property, and has raised rents to what is commonly said to be "market rate". Consequently, I just received a 63% rent increase (to $847/month). So now, looking to move out, I am seeing other apartments (1 bedroom) renting for this same amount, or higher.

This is weird. How did all this come about ? One simple answer. Unbridled immigration. With immigrants (most illegal) streaming into this area like a swarm of killer bees, housing units have filled up, and become saturated. Even the higher rent ones are clogged, as immigrants tend to stuff a dozen or so people into a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment, and split the rent across their low incomes.

Think of how you would feel if you needed to move by May 31, and still now have not found a place to go ? That's the situation I'm in right now, and I am nowhere near alone. With the sudden high rents here, I've never seen so many moving trucks in my entire life. But where are they going ? Most are people "temporarily" moving in with family members. We'll see over time how that goes.

Right now, what is needed is a massive deportation program of illegal aliens, construction of the Mexican border wall, repeal of the idiotic Flores law, allowing invaders to go into "catch & release" mode, and more strict control over immigration in general. Together with this, it wouldn't hurt to have a fast buiid-up of low income housing.

Did somebody mention HUD ? They have 2-3 year waiting lists right now, with migrants being coached by Democrat, vote-hungry liberals with the words > HUD.gov. I'm willing to bet that the overwhelming % of names in HUD (for rent housing) are Spanish surnames, consisting of migrants (most illegal) from Mexico and Central America. In a word, DISASTER. Americans are hardly able to recognize their own communities anymore.
lousy right wing management does that. there is no express immigration clause and right wing bigotry is inventing this expensive problem for us, and for the right wing to whine about taxes.

we should be upgrading Ellis Island to provide a path for entry into the Union other than our southern border.

There should be no black market in human trafficking because all foreign nationals in the US should be known the the general government and federally identified. We should have no illegal problem and no illegal underclass for right wing bigots to complain about.

lousy right wing management does that. there is no express immigration clause and right wing bigotry is inventing this expensive problem for us, and for the right wing to whine about taxes.

we should be upgrading Ellis Island to provide a path for entry into the Union other than our southern border.

There should be no black market in human trafficking because all foreign nationals in the US should be known the the general government and federally identified. We should have no illegal problem and no illegal underclass for right wing bigots to complain about.
we need to cut immigration big time
we are in HUGE debt
classes over crowded
more workers = lower wages - higher prices
threat of foreigners killing Americans [ 9-11/etc ]
colleges charging higher prices with tons of foreigners attending
etc etc

Is there a doctor in the house ? If so, please hurry.

th

Harms of immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).
2. Wage reduction.
3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).
4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($138 Billion/year).
5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.
6. Increased crime.
7. Increased traffic congestion.
8. Increased pollution.
9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.
10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.
11. Overcrowding in government offices.
12. Overcrowding in schools.
13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.
14. Cultural erosion.
15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)
16. Introduction of foreign diseases
17. Influx of terrorists.
18. Wildfires
19. Litter
20. Housing saturation.
21. Excessively high housing costs.

Last edited:

we need to cut immigration big time
we are in HUGE debt
classes over crowded
more workers = lower wages - higher prices
threat of foreigners killing Americans [ 9-11/etc ]
colleges charging higher prices with tons of foreigners attending
etc etc
we need to cut useless spending on alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror so we can afford to build entire new cities in more optimal locations.

Harms of immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).
2. Wage reduction.
3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).
4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($138 Billion/year).
5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.
6. Increased crime.
7. Increased traffic congestion.
8. Increased pollution.
9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.
10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.
11. Overcrowding in government offices.
12. Overcrowding in schools.
13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.
14. Cultural erosion.
15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)
16. Introduction of foreign diseases
17. Influx of terrorists.
18. Wildfires
19. Litter
20. Housing saturation.
21. Excessively high housing costs.
we have no immigration clause; we do have a Commerce Clause. only lousy capitalists lose money on border policy.

Forum List

Back