Another Democratic leader to be proud of...

Rangel: I Didn't Mean To Call Palin 'Disabled'

Why is it you rarely hear Republicans say things like this? And if you do the Republicans condemn it... I doubt any of the Democrats come out against Rangel.

wcbstv.com - Rangel: I Didn't Mean To Call Palin 'Disabled'

dummy liar, the interviewer asked "disabled?" he says yes,

what the hell does he mean he didn't mean to??? oh wait...... he's a democrat so I should ask dumb questions should I? me with less than half a brain :cuckoo:

but democrats think nothing of calling others, rascist, liars, morons, disabled, pron queens, you know the drill.

The Republicans are even sicker with their attacks! They don't have the high ground on many issues!:eusa_whistle:

"Obama is the first black politician that is articulate and clean"...no wait, that was L'il 'O's running mate.

"Well, of course there are white n******s"...no, no, that was Robert Byrd.

"The WHITE man is..." damn, that was Jerry Wright.

OK, I'm stumped, what has the GOP said?

"Obama is the first black politician that is articulate and clean"...no wait, that was L'il 'O's running mate.

"Well, of course there are white n******s"...no, no, that was Robert Byrd.

"The WHITE man is..." damn, that was Jerry Wright.

OK, I'm stumped, what has the GOP said?

Main article: Santorum (sexual neologism)

Savage reacted strongly to former United States Senator Rick Santorum's statements about homosexuality in an interview with the Associated Press published April 20, 2003. (See Santorum controversy for the details.) In the interview, Santorum describes gay sex as part of a class of deviant sexual behavior, including incest, polygamy, and bestiality, which he said threaten society and the family. Furthermore Santorum stated that he believed consenting adults do not have a constitutional right to privacy with respect to sexual acts.

Savage was outraged by these statements. At the suggestion of a reader, Savage challenged his audience to come up with a sex-related definition for the word santorum as a satirical form of political protest for the express purpose of "memorializ[ing] the Santorum scandal […] by attaching his name to a sex act that would make his big, white teeth fall out of his big, empty head".

After Savage published several definitions suggested by readers, a vote was taken among the readers of his column. The winning definition: "the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex" was announced in the June 12, 2003 column.

Savage set up a website, santorum.com. The site, also known as Spreading Santorum, gives the official definition of the term "santorum," under which a brown, splattered stain appears on the otherwise-white page. As of September 2008[update], the site remains the top Google result for the search term "santorum" -- although this could be [7] a case of googlebombing.

Santorum

Main article: Terri Schiavo

In the case of Terri Schiavo, a brain-damaged woman whose husband wanted to remove her gastric feeding tube, Frist opposed the removal and in a speech delivered on the Senate Floor, challenged the diagnosis of Schiavo's physicians of Schiavo being in a persistent vegetative state (PVS): "I question it based on a review of the video footage which I spent an hour or so looking at last night in my office." Frist was criticized by a medical ethicist at Northwestern University for making a diagnosis without personally examining the patient and for questioning the diagnosis when he was not a neurologist.[17] After her death, the autopsy showed signs of long-term and irreversible damage to a brain consistent with PVS.[18] Frist defended his actions after the autopsy. Various complaints against Frist, a licensed physician, were filed with medical oversight organizations, but no action was taken.

Stem cell backers question where McCain stands -- chicagotribune.com

GOP: Close stem cell lab doors - The Boston Globe

Apocalyptic beliefs

On July 31, 2006, Cable News Network's (CNN) Paula Zahn Now program featured a segment on "whether the crisis in the Middle East is actually a prelude to the end of the world," "marking the third time in eight days that CNN ha[d] devoted airtime to those claiming that the ongoing Mideast violence signal[ed] the coming of the Apocalypse."[43] In an interview Falwell claimed, "I believe in the premillennial, pre-tribulational coming of Christ for all of his church, and to summarize that, your first poll, do you believe Jesus coming the second time will be in the future, I would vote yes with the 59 percent and with Billy Graham and most evangelicals."

In 1999, Falwell declared the Antichrist would probably arrive within a decade and "Of course he'll be Jewish."[44] After anti-Semitism charges Falwell apologized and explained that he was simply expressing the theological tenet that the Antichrist and Christ share many attributes.[45][46]

1982: Doomsday

In late 1976, Robertson predicted that the end of the world was coming in November or October 1982. In a May 1980 broadcast of The 700 Club he stated, "I guarantee you by the end of 1982 there is going to be a judgment on the world."[28]

2007: terror attack

On the January 2, 2007 broadcast of The 700 Club, Robertson said that God spoke to him and told him that "mass killings" were to come during 2007, due to a terrorist attack on the United States. He added, "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."[30] No terrorist attacks against the United States in general, or its interests, ever occurred in 2007. When a terrorist attack failed to happen, Robertson responded by saying, "All I can think is that somehow the people of God prayed and God in his mercy spared us."[31]
:eusa_whistle:

I think most Bible scholars agree the Antichrist will be "Roman" or European.

Personally, I think she's pretty damn stupid myself, but calling her a retard wasn't very pc.

Moron would have worked.

Rangel: I Didn't Mean To Call Palin 'Disabled'

Why is it you rarely hear Republicans say things like this? And if you do the Republicans condemn it... I doubt any of the Democrats come out against Rangel.

wcbstv.com - Rangel: I Didn't Mean To Call Palin 'Disabled'

Are you kidding me? Who the hell cares. You conservatives are really grasping for anything to make yourselves feel better these days. You don't hear Republicans say anything like this because they don't have any balls, and they condemn it because they are lemmings. Lets get a more nit picky...seriously. It so cute when all of you get all worked up over nothing.

Are you kidding me? Who the hell cares. You conservatives are really grasping for anything to make yourselves feel better these days. You don't hear Republicans say anything like this because they don't have any balls, and they condemn it because they are lemmings. Lets get a more nit picky...seriously. It so cute when all of you get all worked up over nothing.

Charles Rangel is an American traitor. he dosen't pay his taxes. Ask Joe Biden

Ah, a wonderful southern democrat. We don't spew racist crap because we're lemmings...and we're being nitpicky if we object to others doing it.

bah blah blah
Homosexuality IS deviant as in it deviates from its intent. This may come as a surprise to you but the function of sex is procreation. Acknowledging that fact is not bigotry.

Seeking to preserve human life is not bigotry.

Opposing fetal stem cell research is not bigotry.

As for Robertson and Falwell: assuming your stories are correct: eschatology--while tepid and pointless--is not bigotry.

So basically we have the same ol' lefty talking points: if we didn' say it, it must be hatespeech.

Calling people stupid, backwoods white trash fundies...

THAT is bigotry.

Forum List

Back