Another Democrat Who Gets It. Ice-T: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny"...

I was reading your link.

This part caught my eye:

Is "the imposition of gun registration and owner licensing and vast new record keeping and tracking requirements. " necessarily a bad thing?

Yes.

Would you care to explain?

I could see it being a terrible thing if America were to start to 'round up everyone's guns. But THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. If you happen to think that way, please try to have a little more faith in America.

I

You take too much for granted.

I was reading your link.

This part caught my eye:

Is "the imposition of gun registration and owner licensing and vast new record keeping and tracking requirements. " necessarily a bad thing?

Yes.

Would you care to explain?

I could see it being a terrible thing if America were to start to 'round up everyone's guns. But THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. If you happen to think that way, please try to have a little more faith in America.

I

Registration and licensing have always been one of the first steps when the eventual goal is confiscation. Of course, being clothed in a robe of good intentions, the law-abiding will comply with what are presented as "reasonable" provisions. So, yes, the imposition of registration and licensing provisions have been historically a very, very bad thing. We do not need gun control, what we need is to enforce the many laws already on the books. Inventing new laws in the face of proven failed policy and laws will not change the fact that so many criminals feel justified in the commission of their crimes because they are made the "victims" by a government all too willing to victimize the law-abiding because it is far easier than actually punishing the law breakers.

Oh, the times they are a-changin'. Great to see more Democrats embracing the cause of Freedom & Liberty.

Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny

Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny" - YouTube

Ice-T: Well, I'll give up my gun when everybody does. Doesn't that make sense? If there were guns here, would you want to be the only person without one?

Krishnan Guru-Murthy, anchor, Channel 4 News: So do you carry guns routinely at home?

Ice-T: Yeah, it's legal in the United States. It's part of our Constitution. You know, the right to bear arms is because that's the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police.

Anchor: And do you see any link between that and these sorts of incidents (Aurora)?

Ice-T: No. Nah. Not really really. You know what I'm saying, if somebody wants to kill people, you know, they don't need a gun to do it.

Anchor: It makes it easier though, doesn't it?

Ice-T: Not really. You can strap explosives on your body, they do that all the time.

On anti-gun laws: "That's not going to change anything. The United States is based on guns, you know."

Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny" | RealClearPolitics
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Right. And if the occupy wallstreeters had shown up at their rallies armed,

you'd be the first one crying about it.

Oh, the times they are a-changin'. Great to see more Democrats embracing the cause of Freedom & Liberty.

Ice-T: Well, I'll give up my gun when everybody does. Doesn't that make sense? If there were guns here, would you want to be the only person without one?

Krishnan Guru-Murthy, anchor, Channel 4 News: So do you carry guns routinely at home?

Ice-T: Yeah, it's legal in the United States. It's part of our Constitution. You know, the right to bear arms is because that's the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police.

Anchor: And do you see any link between that and these sorts of incidents (Aurora)?

Ice-T: No. Nah. Not really really. You know what I'm saying, if somebody wants to kill people, you know, they don't need a gun to do it.

Ice-T: Not really. You can strap explosives on your body, they do that all the time.

On anti-gun laws: "That's not going to change anything. The United States is based on guns, you know."

Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny" | RealClearPolitics
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

True, because Occubaggers would use them, unlike the Tea Party members who rally peacefully.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Ice T has pretty much always been about the Bill of Rights. Check out this song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Znb8dRascg]Ice T/ Body Count - Freedom of Speech - YouTube[/ame]

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

True, because Occubaggers would use them, unlike the Tea Party members who rally peacefully.

They might use them to protect themselves from the police, just like Ice T says is the purpose of guns.

They might use them to protect themselves from the police, just like Ice T says is the purpose of guns.

Maybe that, but more likely they would use them to break windows and destroy property, like they've done using other projectiles.

Seriously, do you really believe most Democrats don't support Gun-Bans? I'm trying to be patient here. Do you really believe that?

I certainly don't, and I'm a Democrat.

I'm a proud gun owner, and of someone wants to try and take away my right to bear arms, they can pry my rifle from my cold dead hands.

What I do support is a waiting period and background check to do things like but 600 guns in Arizona, or buy 10,000 rounds of ammunition in Colorado.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

If someone's insane, or a convicted felon, they should lose their second amendment rights. And we should make sure that that's enforced.

I'm sure the members of the Tea Party would have used their weapons if they were surrounded, tear gassed, and assaulted, like the Occupy Wall Street people were on a regular basis.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Okay, great, then I want some bazookas and RPGs.

I'm sure the members of the Tea Party would have used their weapons if they were surrounded, tear gassed, and assaulted, like the Occupy Wall Street people were on a regular basis.

First, T.E.A. party rally participants would have had to conduct themselves in the same manner that the OWS participants did in order to warrant police action against them.

First, T.E.A. party rally participants would have had to conduct themselves in the same manner that the OWS participants did in order to warrant police action against them.

They'd have to demonstrate on public grounds and exercise their Constitutionally guaranteed rights to gather and protest?

You know, maybe you're right....

Maybe OWS should start exercising their second amendment rights also.

Maybe police would think twice before trying to arrest a guy carrying an AK-47.

Most Democrats do want to ban guns. And the thread is not nearly as useless as you are. ;)

:confused: Since you obviously see democrats as the enemy it behooves you to accurately know their mind. Gun bans are as dead as Elvis.

Yeah, just not interested in your pissant antics today. Most Democrats do support banning guns. You want to be ignorant & delusional, then go for it. But it is what it is.

Banning guns and banning types of guns are two entirely different things. I doubt you could find a simple majority of any one group that supports banning guns altogether. Of course, you already knew that. You're not as stupid as you come across on the interwebz. Now, try to be honest for once in your time on USMB and admit that I'm right.

:confused: Since you obviously see democrats as the enemy it behooves you to accurately know their mind. Gun bans are as dead as Elvis.

Yeah, just not interested in your pissant antics today. Most Democrats do support banning guns. You want to be ignorant & delusional, then go for it. But it is what it is.

Banning guns and banning types of guns are two entirely different things. I doubt you could find a simple majority of any one group that supports banning guns altogether. Of course, you already knew that. You're not as stupid as you come across on the interwebz. Now, try to be honest for once in your time on USMB and admit that I'm right.

The problem is what type of guns, who makes that decision? I dont trust politicians enough and let me guess, the most dangerous guns, right? You do realize what IceT meant during that interview?

The Limits of Gun Ownership

by Harry Browne

October 23, 2003

Gun-rights advocates aren't the only people who believe that individuals should be free to own guns. Even gun-control advocates usually specify that they aren't trying to ban all guns.

But most activists on both sides of the gun issue say there must be limits on gun ownership.

Why?

So that guns don't fall into the "wrong" hands.

But if a law could keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of dangerous people, there would be virtually no violent crime at all. Just pass a law specifying that bad people can't own guns and the problem of gun violence is solved.

Unfortunately, things don't work out that way in the real world.

The truth is that no gun-control law works because "bad" people who want guns can always get them. Either they'll buy them in the underworld or they'll simply steal them from good folks like you and me.

But shouldn't there be some limits on gun ownership?

The rest is HERE

Forum List

Back