Another Democrat 'Paradise': Driving Through Detroit At Night [VIDEO]...

It is much worse than most Americans could ever imagine...

In the city of Detroit today, close to half the population is functionally illiterate, and one survey found that 60 percent of all children in the city are living in poverty. It has been reported that 40 percent of the street lights do not work, and as you can see from the video it is a very frightening place to be after dark.

And don’t count on the police to help you. The size of the police force in Detroit has been reduced by about 40 percent over the years, and it has been estimated that it takes the Detroit police an average of 58 minutes to respond to a call.

If it was just one major city where all of these things were happening, that would be bad enough.

Sadly, the truth is that what is happening in Detroit is happening all over the nation. In fact, St. Louis and Memphis now have higher gun crime rates than Detroit does
How are you going to stop poor illiterate women from having sex with poor illiterate men and then raising poor illiterate kids?

Stop enabling them to continue to have children they can't afford by handing them someone else's money.

Yes, another huge problem with our Welfare System. It encourages all the wrong behaviors. The System needs bigtime reform. It has to be reformed in such a way that weans folks off Government handouts.

Folks can't be encouraged to stay on Welfare permanently. That's how you get a Detroit, Chicago, and so on. People have to be encouraged to work hard and be productive Citizens. There has to be strict requirements and limits. That's the only logical way forward.

As long as people know that someone else will be forced to offset their bad choices, they have no reason to stop making them.

Spot On. I'm now a firm advocate of Government finding work for Welfare recipients, and then requiring them to accept the work. That's how many nations around the world do it.

If we're gonna spend so much Tax Dollars on giving the Freebies, we should also spend a portion of it on finding work for recipients. If they choose not to accept the work, their benefits will be ended. We have to get folks working and being productive again.

Work and job training should be a requirement of Welfare

In the city of Detroit today, close to half the population is functionally illiterate, and one survey found that 60 percent of all children in the city are living in poverty. It has been reported that 40 percent of the street lights do not work, and as you can see from the video it is a very frightening place to be after dark.

And don’t count on the police to help you. The size of the police force in Detroit has been reduced by about 40 percent over the years, and it has been estimated that it takes the Detroit police an average of 58 minutes to respond to a call.

If it was just one major city where all of these things were happening, that would be bad enough.

Sadly, the truth is that what is happening in Detroit is happening all over the nation. In fact, St. Louis and Memphis now have higher gun crime rates than Detroit does
How are you going to stop poor illiterate women from having sex with poor illiterate men and then raising poor illiterate kids?

Stop enabling them to continue to have children they can't afford by handing them someone else's money.

Yes, another huge problem with our Welfare System. It encourages all the wrong behaviors. The System needs bigtime reform. It has to be reformed in such a way that weans folks off Government handouts.

Folks can't be encouraged to stay on Welfare permanently. That's how you get a Detroit, Chicago, and so on. People have to be encouraged to work hard and be productive Citizens. There has to be strict requirements and limits. That's the only logical way forward.
Can't 100% argue with you guys here. That's why this is such an effective wedge issue during an election year. It's a message that can resonate with even the most liberal of us white people. Yes, Detroit's a mess. Yes, we should ween people off welfare.

But will I vote GOP or for Trump? Nope.

Then you're part of the problem

Can't 100% argue with you guys here. That's why this is such an effective wedge issue during an election year. It's a message that can resonate with even the most liberal of us white people. Yes, Detroit's a mess. Yes, we should ween people off welfare.

Right now I'm agreeing with you. I'm having a Republican moment. I know it won't last long at least I don't think it will. Maybe it's permanent. They say all liberals eventually grow up

Right now I'm agreeing with you. I'm having a Republican moment. I know it won't last long at least I don't think it will. Maybe it's permanent. They say all liberals eventually grow up

There's still hope for you:cool:

There's still hope for you:cool:

There's no hope for his kind.

Did Republicans support the auto industry in Detroit?

'Democrat America': Possibly coming to a city near you. Good times. :eek-52:
This is why it is very effective when cons use race to divide us. It's very hard for us libs to defend places like Detroit.

But I love putting a spot light on this issue. It will show how social programs are needed and the right thing to do but it will also show blacks need to do a lot better for themselves.

I always tell the black community that they need to start taking Republicans advice. Don't vote GOP but take their advice.
When do you talk to the "Black community" ..on your computer...lol:slap:
Today this black guy was explaining how the line between grosse point and Detroit perfectly illustrates how white privilege does exist and how disadvantaged detroiters are compared to their neighbors. It isn't liberal policies that make life so much worse for those blacks in Detroit. Grosse pointe isn't better because Republicans run it. It's better because people on one side have money and people on the other side don't.

People on one side have jobs, strong families, they take care of their neighborhoods ...get it straight fraud:slap:

Excellent point. And it's not just a race issue. There are white people in that video too. It's what kind of person you choose to be.

Forum List

Back