Another Democrat accepting Bribes

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
Rep. James P. Moran Jr. (D-Va.) related to steering federal funds to clients of the PMA Group, the now-closed defense lobbying firm.

Profile from Who Runs Gov, a Washington Post site:

Moran sits on the powerful House Appropriations Committee, which awards contracts and federal funds throughout the nation. By using his influence on the committee, Moran has secured millions for his northern Virginia district.

Read more: LEAKED! Dozens In Congress Investigated For Ethics Violations

Rep. James P. Moran Jr. (D-Va.) related to steering federal funds to clients of the PMA Group, the now-closed defense lobbying firm.

Moran sits on the powerful House Appropriations Committee, which awards contracts and federal funds throughout the nation. By using his influence on the committee, Moran has secured millions for his northern Virginia district.

Outlaw lobbiests. Problem solved.

Outlaw lobbiests lol.

Hate freedom of speech much? What do you define as a lobbiest? Can I still lobby congress or would you ban me 2?

Not reying to state the obvious here, but there are Congressmen who are not on the take. They don't own several properties and probably no Virgin Island. The Lobbyists only offer the money. It takes crook to accept it.

If you outlaw lobbyists, the crooks will still be crooked, still be on the take and still be a national disgrace.

Serious penalties for accepting the money is how to stop it. Penalize the crooks that claim to be something else. Everyone knows the lobbyists are snakes. It's the snakes that pretend to be something else that need to vivisected.

Outlaw lobbiests lol.

Hate freedom of speech much? What do you define as a lobbiest? Can I still lobby congress or would you ban me 2?

Of course you can. write a letter or send an e-mail. Same for everybody. Let the representatives decide what is important based on their constituency. No gifts. No money. Nobody cuts to the front of the line. One letter/e-mail per day maximum. Break the rule..go to the back of the line. Corporations want the status of a person? Fine! Same rules apply to you also.

Last edited:
I have posted about Marcie Fudge, Samson. Not everyone is busy harping on Brewer.

I dunno what the cure is for a lack of ethics in government. Most all of them seem to get VERY confused between "my money" and "OUR money". Just keep arresting the bastards.

Outlaw lobbiests lol.

Of course you can. write a letter or send an e-mail. Same for everybody. Let the representatives decide what is important based on their constituency. No gifts. No money. Nobody cuts to the front of the line. One letter/e-mail per day maximum. Break the rule..go to the back of the line. Corporations want the staus of a person? Fine! Same rules apply to you also.

:eusa_hand:

I'm not voting for you, if you're gonna have that attitude.

Outlaw lobbiests lol.

Of course you can. write a letter or send an e-mail. Same for everybody. Let the representatives decide what is important based on their constituency. No gifts. No money. Nobody cuts to the front of the line. One letter/e-mail per day maximum. Break the rule..go to the back of the line. Corporations want the staus of a person? Fine! Same rules apply to you also.

It would be an easy system. Most people would just be bitching so the letter readers could just organise the complaints by subject. Voila..instant poll! Rarely someone would have an idea that was remotely coherant and feasable. Those letters would be answered with an explaination how fucking impossible it would be to act on their stupid idea. Once in a blue moon a thoughtful suggestion would be accepted and taken to congress for consideration. Corporations suggestions would be sumarily tossed out. A letter thanking them for their interest would be sent explaining to them that running their company is their problem not the governments. And if they had a good or service to offer that was worth a shit..they would be making money instead of whining!

It would be an easy system. Most people would just be bitching so the letter readers could just organise the complaints by subject. Voila..instant poll! Rarely someone would have an idea that was remotely coherant and feasable. Those letters would be answered with an explaination how fucking impossible it would be to act on their stupid idea. Once in a blue moon a thoughtful suggestion would be accepted and taken to congress for consideration. Corporations suggestions would be sumarily tossed out. A letter thanking them for their interest would be sent explaining to them that running their company is their problem not the governments. And if they had a good or service to offer that was worth a shit..they would be making money instead of whining!

:eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

Ok, now I'm not writing you a check, OR voting for you.

frankly its overwhelming samson....add sherrod in, waters, bernice johnson Letters bearing Eddie Bernice Johnson's signature ask that scholarship money be sent directly to her grandsons | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

I am sure i missing more, ogh well rangel, blago, its a buyers market...

Exactly.

Yet the board remains quiet, while allegations against Jan Brewer bloom in at least 6 seperate threads while Cons defend the innocent.

I hear you.

Forum List

Back