Another Degree With Null Employment Prospects

iu

It comes with a minor in Latte Art History.

Kids rack up millions in debt getting degrees in crazy things like basket weaving, improvisational interpretation or English literature then realize that there is no job openings for that specialty. They end up doing dead end jobs and are stuck with mounds of debt.

You would think that someone along the way would set them down and have a talk with them about the real world.

Dumbasses go into debt thousands of dollars getting degrees in crap like this and then whine they can't find employment and demand the taxpayer pay off their loans.

Dumbasses go into debt thousands of dollars getting degrees in crap like this and then whine they can't find employment and demand the taxpayer pay off their loans.

Here's the thing: Colleges didn't used to admit students like that.

Our oldest three are already forming career and education plans...they're considering things like finance, law, engineering, military etc.

One of them even mentions BS like this we're going to have a sit down

"Social Justice" is an absurdity. "Justice," by its very nature, is an INDIVIDUAL concept.

Social Justice demands that Barack Obama's kids get favorable treatment over the children of a white single mother from Appalachia.

Few degrees are a guarantee, some of the best people who worked with me and for me had only HS or liberal arts and we were technological leaders. Motivation is key. Of course a STEM degree helps but still no guarantee. Odd as I was senior IT manager for a large corporation and my degree was primarily social studies. So there. And we have done well.

Much as I hate their liberal bent, both grandsons seem to have decided to get degrees that will keep them employed.

Oldest into recycling, youngest into CGI.
(I think he's planning on the gaming industry)

New Topics

Forum List

Back